X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF
    replied
    minks77 wrote: View Post
    The term "young gun" has been applied to any young player who makes shots as long as I can remember. They also use the term gunslinger for any volume shooter. Commentators are pretty lazy with catch phrases and a lot of them are fairly inappropriate ("facial"? really?).
    That along with penetrate or penetration.

I'm honestly just waiting for two players to attack the rim on back to back plays. So, some doorknob like JVG will go "and you see the double penetration on both ends."

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    DaveKim wrote: View Post
    It had more to do with the washington incident involving Arenas and Crittenten the same year. The Raptors/NBA, obviously wanted nothing to do with what was going on in the wizards locker room and decided to change the name.
    Gil and Crittenton were just petitioning for washington to be named "bullets" again.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    no really?
    lol uh huh

I wonder if Gay Big V and friends might catch on?

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    we're talking about the Young Gunz/Onez, which was DD, Weems and Amir...
    no really?

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    how bout Gay, Derozan and Bargnani/Valanciunas. I'd say they'd give the OKC trio a run for their money
    we're talking about the Young Gunz/Onez, which was DD, Weems and Amir...

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    how bout Gay, Derozan and Bargnani/Valanciunas. I'd say they'd give the OKC trio a run for their money

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    phez wrote: View Post
    did you just say derozan is a mediocre player?
    He's certainly not at the level with any of the three OKC players. But I was comparing trios. And taking an early morning pre-coffee stab at sarcasm. lol

Leave a comment:

• phez
    replied
    did you just say derozan is a mediocre player?

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Uh, ohhhhh...David Robinson called Durant, Westbrook and Harden "Young Gunz" on his twitter after the game, last night. How dare him call them that, right guys? Lmao
    DeRozan, Weems and Amir could matchup against Durant, Westbrook and Harden any day of the week!!!! Unless we're talking basketball.

Leave a comment:

• GameBreaker
    replied
    Uh, ohhhhh...David Robinson called Durant, Westbrook and Harden "Young Gunz" on his twitter after the game, last night. How dare him call them that, right guys? Lmao

Leave a comment:

• GameBreaker
    replied
    tbihis wrote: View Post
    Ouch. Thats harsh.

I guess they shouldnt be doing pre-game special handshakes or fist pumps when they make incredible shots until they prove something.
    Lol....+1

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Call me old school, but the Glove, the Admiral, and the Mailman all deserved their nicknames. Sonny Weems? Not so much...

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    tbihis wrote: View Post
    Ouch. Thats harsh.

I guess they shouldnt be doing pre-game special handshakes or fist pumps when they make incredible shots until they prove something.
    lol

I know Amir definitely shouldn't be doing a dice roll after making a three!

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Whether it's "Gunz" or "Onez", mediocre players don't deserve nicknames.
    Ouch. Thats harsh.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    The term "young gun" has been applied to any young player who makes shots as long as I can remember. They also use the term gunslinger for any volume shooter. Commentators are pretty lazy with catch phrases and a lot of them are fairly inappropriate ("facial"? really?).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X