X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid
    replied
    Raptors Republic has spoken...

With the 1st Pick in the 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft, the New Orleans Hornets select.....

*drumroll*....

ANTHONY DAVIS, PF/C, KENTUCKY

2011-12 NCAA Statistics
    The Good: He's loooooooonnnnnng. He's a crazy athlete. He plays hard on both ends of the floor. He's tough. He changes the game without ever having the ball in his hands. He's a dominant shot-blocker. He can guard multiple positions on the floor. Elite rebounder. Emerging offensive player who can handle the ball and shoot perimeter shots. Great kid with a reputation of being a hard worker.

The Bad: He needs to get stronger. He's still feeling things out offensively.

The Upside: He's the hands-down consensus No. 1 pick in the draft. As long as he stays healthy, it's hard to see how he's going to fail at the next level.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    Hmmm...I think it'll be the italian dude. The one who can dribble like a guard and hit perimeter shots. The one that is the next Dirk...

Oh wait, we're talking about the 2012 draft...

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    I dunno, PJ3 has the talent of a megastar.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Anyone who didn't vote for Anthony Davis should be banned from these forums (and potentially institutionalized).

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I thought about that, but I think a little suspense is always fun.
    Fair enough. I was thinking it might help people make honest selections. I can see varying opinions on 2,3,4,etc. but #1 should be a given. Damian Lillard at #1? Good god.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Mango - thanks for doing this.

A suggestion: make the votes in the poll public.
    I thought about that, but I think a little suspense is always fun.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Mango - thanks for doing this.

A suggestion: make the votes in the poll public.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    Can you add the team name next to the pick being drafted

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied

On that topic, here's an Anthony Davis mix I found

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
    I think it might be that one dude with the unibrow and the crazy teeth. He's a sleeper for sure, but I think the Hornets will reach for him.
    Is that Ernie or Burt, I get those two prospects mixed up all the time.

Leave a comment:

• KingMaxwell47
    replied
    I think it might be that one dude with the unibrow and the crazy teeth. He's a sleeper for sure, but I think the Hornets will reach for him.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Thanks for taking this on this year Mango. Things will get interesting right away at #2.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    I'm pretty sure that Harrison Barnes guy will go #1, he was very highly touted the last 2 years. Some skinny guy with one eyebrow might be a possibility as well.

Leave a comment:

• RapthoseLeafs
    replied
    I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say Davis goes first. lol

Joking aside - I know everyone raves about AD, and not to say I wouldn't pick him if I was N.O., but I find myself a bit apprehensive about all the hype. He definitely has hops - no question there - but he did also have some pretty talented team-mates along with him, although some of course would say he was the reason why.

Anyways ... someone's gotta make this 1st overall thread interesting.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i wasn't comparing this to the draft. All i'm saying is that its boring because everyone knows Anthony Davis is going number 1.
    It's one day. I'm failing to see where the difficulty lies in going through the normal process.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X