Best and worst post-draft interview by a Raptor draftee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and worst post-draft interview by a Raptor draftee

What's the best? What's the worst? I'm referring to immediately after they crush Stern's hand and then walk off stage.

I think the worst was probably JV and that's not a bad thing. The poor guy couldn't hardly speak English. If I were to give an interview in Lithuanian it would be all smiles and nods with a dumbfounded look on my face.

when big Val started talking about being like Chris Bosh i cringed pretty hard
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jonas can actually speak English pretty well. It looked like he was just nervous when interviewed shortly after his selection, which made him look like he had no idea what was happening.

Comment

That's not surprising. IIRC 90% of Lithuanians speak at least one foreign language.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
          That's not surprising. IIRC 90% of Lithuanians speak at least one foreign language.
          that's true but it is usually Russian and Polish
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            that's true but it is usually Russian and Polish
            Not any longer: if you're over 40, the lead foreign language is usually Russian (and many are tri-lingual with at least some Polish). If you're under 25, it's usually English.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              when big Val started talking about being like Chris Bosh i cringed pretty hard
              Lol

Interviewer: so how do you think your game is like chris bosh?
              Jv: I dunno, i'm not very strong i'm skinny

i laughed pretty hard there. He chirped CB pretty bad right there

Comment

I'm sure he's been taking A LOT of english lessons this past year.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...6UysYF4#t=153s

Someone had pointed this out in the Youtube comments. Sounds like he's singing!
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Jonas can actually speak English pretty well. It looked like he was just nervous when interviewed shortly after his selection, which made him look like he had no idea what was happening.
                    The consensus that night on TV and in here was that he could not speak English very well. It was a bomb of an interview. LOL

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Lol

Interviewer: so how do you think your game is like chris bosh?
                      Jv: I dunno, i'm not very strong i'm skinny

i laughed pretty hard there. He chirped CB pretty bad right there

Comment

I know, I thought that too. But the RaptorsTV special that aired a few months ago, showed clips of Jonas behind the scenes on draft night, and he appeared to have a decent grasp of English when chatting with other draft prospects (e.g. Biyombo)
                        Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Jun 11, 2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

LOL well it didn't show in the interview and so he makes this dubious list.

Comment

I think Jonas wasn't a good student at school, since almost every average and above student under 30 here can speak English pretty well. Hell, I only speak Lithuanian, English and I can only understand some Russian.

I don't think it's going to be a problem for Jonas though. He is young and his English is definitely improving.

Comment

Well during the draft interview I wasn't laughing I felt bad for the guy. Guys imagine how nervous you would be without knowing more than basic English and showing out those skills live in front of 20 million people (if not more) for the first time in your life
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                              X