Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptor's Draft Workouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raptor's Draft Workouts

    Probably could be merged into the draft thread but thought it deserved its own for now.

    Some pretty big names today: Lillard, Marshall, Ross.

    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/pla...-workout-video

    Satur's blog

    Anybody come across any Doug Smith tweets or other media's thoughts on the day?
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
    ― John Wooden

  • #2
    I really liked how Marshall conducted himself in his interview. I don't know why but my gut tells me to go with him. Obviously that's not really a debatable opinion or fact, but I just got the sense that he was level headed intelligent high character type of guy. I liked what Lillard was saying as well, didn't like that his agent only allowed him to work out by himself (what are they hiding?). I also feel like we already have a more advanced Lillard on our team (Bayless) I want to draft Devoe just because he is Canadian. Sims would be an interesting project at 57 if he is still around. He lead his team in assists as a center and has good size. Passing big men make an offense run like clockwork (see Spurs, Splitter, Diaw, Duncan) I don't have a whole lot of interest in Terrence Ross as I feel we already have him on our team only 3 years ahead (DeRozan). Hollis Thompson is an enigma to me, a SG in an PFs body, not hot on him for the second round.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

    Comment


    • #3
      Lillard has the same agent as Demar who also didn't work out against anybody when he came.

      DUN DUN DUNNNN
      @sweatpantsjer

      Comment


      • #4
        I watched the Lillard, Joseph and Ross interviews and was really impressed with Lillard. Joseph's interview was short but it was good as well. Ross, who I like as a player, did not impress me in the interview... surprised he said he is projected to go anywhere in the mid to late round when he is working out for a team with the 8th pick.
        Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
        ― John Wooden

        Comment


        • #5
          RE Lillard solo workout, he is slated to go 6 and below while his competition Marshall is projected later in the lottery. Its a lose situation for Lillard to go head to head with Marshall. If he has a bad session he falls. Guys lower ranked want to beat up on guys above so its just bad business. I guess the thinking is that if you are ranked high dont do anything to jeopardize your ranking. Besides he did take part in the workouts with others at the combine. He seems like an up front character individual and so did Marshall. Lillard though would be the type I think who can score in different ways at crunch time...something the Raps need desperately.

          Comment


          • #6
            The Coach wrote: View Post
            I watched the Lillard, Joseph and Ross interviews and was really impressed with Lillard. Joseph's interview was short but it was good as well. Ross, who I like as a player, did not impress me in the interview... surprised he said he is projected to go anywhere in the mid to late round when he is working out for a team with the 8th pick.
            Raptors maybe working out Ross and lower projected players in case they trade down or to create a diversion for their competition

            Comment


            • #7
              Bendit wrote: View Post
              Raptors maybe working out Ross and lower projected players in case they trade down or to create a diversion for their competition
              I agree; however, I have seen on a couple of mock drafts (hoopsworld for one) that he could be picked in the top 10... obviously, his agent knows more than the mocks but I was just surprised to see someone undersell themselves.
              Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
              ― John Wooden

              Comment


              • #8
                Does Lillard remind anyone of Derrick Rose a little? Sorta monotone, determined, confident in his game. Similar playing style too. I like him, and you know I wouldn't mind if we were to pick him. Although PJ3 would be the better choice... but that's just my opinion.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are most of the lottery picks going to work out for TO?
                  in masai we trust

                  water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    koncept wrote: View Post
                    Are most of the lottery picks going to work out for TO?
                    Only international players are going to work out for TO. We love international players and we are never going to draft an American! Never ever ever!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tesla wrote: View Post
                      Does Lillard remind anyone of Derrick Rose a little? Sorta monotone, determined, confident in his game. Similar playing style too. I like him, and you know I wouldn't mind if we were to pick him. Although PJ3 would be the better choice... but that's just my opinion.
                      Yeah I see that a bit too.

                      I dont know, if Lillard and PJ3 are both around (I got a feeling PJ3 is gonna be the Tristan Thompson of this draft and get picked a bit higher then expected) I would have to think hard about that one. Lillard can play.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        flamingtimbits wrote: View Post
                        Only international players are going to work out for TO. We love international players and we are never going to draft an American! Never ever ever!
                        Well, Americans are not Canadians.....so they are international to the Red and White.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ceez wrote: View Post
                          Lillard has the same agent as Demar who also didn't work out against anybody when he came.

                          DUN DUN DUNNNN
                          Yup, hardly a coincidence. Lillard has got to be high on TOs list.
                          The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority. - Martin Luther King

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I know, Portland is interested in a centre, but I still don't see how Lilliard slips past them at 6.

                            Edit: Unless they know for sure, they are getting Nash.
                            -"You cant run from me. I mean, my heart dont bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"I aint no diva! I dont have no blond hair, red hair. Im Reggie Evans.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Interesting to see Devoe Joseph get a look. I don't think he gets drafted and is probably d-league bound, but he's a guy I could realistically see the Raptors take a look at in summer league. He's got that Cory Joseph / Kris Joseph pedigree, and he really came into his own last season at Oregon, after having a rough time in Minnesota.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X