No announcement yet.

Raptor's Draft Workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harrison Barnes has had the most impressive interviews.
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
      Is anyone on this board hoping to draft Rivers?
      koncept wrote: View Post
      Harrison Barnes has had the most impressive interviews.
      would be happy with rivers but not at 8, hopefully a trade down to 12-16 and an asset could happen but i wouldn't scream unless beal or lillard or tjones were still on the board.

yes i think harrison is coming off very well and would love for him to fall. he is coming off as a smart, realistic and understanding young man.

Comment

My only concern with Drafting Rivers is what we do with Demar. Rivers can really use the bounce and would give us an attaching player that could get his own shot off. Maybe if we used him in a James Harden role as a rookie and look to make room for him in a year or two.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Demar,8th for 14th and Kyle Lowry, pick up Rivers and Lowry would be a great start to off season, though if he isn't there we could look at Harkless or even Royce White given Lambs bad interviews he may even be around.
          Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

I fear that some are putting too much emphasis on Rivers' apparent "want" to play in Toronto.

If he didn't come from an NBA family, I would say Rivers' career is destined to follow Jimmer Fredette's. He doesn't shoot good percentages, he's a chucker, and doesn't create for teammates. I just don't see the appeal.

Comment

Barnes' interview reminds me of Kobe. His personality and confidence seem very similar, and he seems to be able to put that charm on.

Comment

Have not seen so many well spoken potential draftee interviews. I also detect the confidence/leadership trait in many. I wonder if this is an anomaly with this class or that the Raptors have zoned in on such qualities as necessary in their player profile going forward.

Comment

I would attribute that to their agents. They know exactly what drills to practice and what they are going to be asked in interviews before they show up to the facility.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Have not seen so many well spoken potential draftee interviews. I also detect the confidence/leadership trait in many. I wonder if this is an anomaly with this class or that the Raptors have zoned in on such qualities as necessary in their player profile going forward.
                    Agreed. Not too many lunkheads in the group they've brought in. Barnes, Rivers, Lillard: from their interviews only, it seems like all 3 would be a great lockerroom fit on any team.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
                      Agreed. Not too many lunkheads in the group they've brought in. Barnes, Rivers, Lillard: from their interviews only, it seems like all 3 would be a great lockerroom fit on any team.
                      Interesting that in Stefanski's interview yesterday he mentioned that Bryan has done a great job of bringing in high character guys and it may not be the worst to bring in some swagger... a guy you would like to play with but not hang out with. Not sure what this means, but Waiters does seem to fit this role.
                      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                      ― John Wooden

Comment

I'll finanally have some real free time again this weekend. I can't wait to check out some of these videos.

Comment

One thing about these draft workouts. If you remember, we never worked out or even interviewed Ed Davis, but still ended up drafting him (partly because we didn't think he would drop to us). So, another situation can happen where we draft someone who wasn't originally on our radar.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I think the only 'safe' bet in the draft for the 8th spot is Austin Rivers IMO. He seems to be a guy that will be a good pro no matter what. It's really because of his intangibles, especially his cockiness. We don't have enough players like that, and he is very high character.

I can see him being a great scorer off the bench like J-Harden, but not as good in the play-making area. Or Austin could start at the two and move Derozan to the 3.

With either Jose or Nash on the team, I don't believe Austin Rivers will be too much of a danger in terms of taking care of the ball, because he doesn't have to be as much of a facilitator in Toronto.

I like his ego, strong scoring ability, ball-handling, ability to shoot from anywhere, quick, deceptive, athletic, and can really break defenses down, which no one on our team can do consistently, or even at all....

I see his skill already an upgrade over Demar, I think he could be a really nice fit. Come in, score, make plays offensively, and he is a very aggressive player.

Damian Lillard is another name I like, and I would love it if the Raptors went big and drafted Perry Jones III, even though it is fairly unlikely.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
                              I wouldn't expect B.C or Dwane Casey requesting to bring in anyone within' the mold of me, me, me. Dion Waiters is a very cocky player, which is totally fine, but he seems over the head from some YouTube videos I've watched about him and his individual workouts.

Austin Rivers is cocky, but knows his role and what he has to do. He seems like a better fit than Dion to me...
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X