Mock Draft 7.0 - Raptors select.....Dion Waiters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Draft 7.0 - Raptors select.....Dion Waiters

The Raptors adamantly denied they were the team that persuaded Waiters to drop out of the combine with a promise to draft him in the lottery. Given the team's attempts to trade the pick, I sort of believe them. But that won't stop them from drafting Waiters if they keep the pick and he's still on the board.

The Raptors have a roster full of soft jump-shooters. What they really need is a tough player who can get to the basket and get his own shot at the end of games. Someone like Waiters. Damian Lillard and Jeremy Lamb are also possibilities at No. 8.

Source?

Comment

Espn
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Jeremy Lamb doesn't appear to be a player who likes contact....it might wake him up from the perpetual nap he seems to be in...at least in his interviews.

Comment

Fuck off Chad Ford, I want nothing to do with Waiters. PJ3! PJ3! PJ3! or Lillard..

Comment

What do u guys think about Austin Rivers? I dont know bout you guys, but i think he might be the sleeper in this draft, we need more scoring, he could be a monta ellis 2.0 plus he can handle the ball a bit. He looks like he has the "it" factor. I dont really know much about waiters, but i would take Rivers over him. Whatchuguys think?

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
              What do u guys think about Austin Rivers? I dont know bout you guys, but i think he might be the sleeper in this draft, we need more scoring, he could be a monta ellis 2.0 plus he can handle the ball a bit. He looks like he has the "it" factor. I dont really know much about waiters, but i would take Rivers over him. Whatchuguys think?
              agreed i think austin rivers is going to be good, id be happy with him or PJ3

Comment

im not happy with many options at this spot. im also not happy about all the tanking teams that made us lose draft spots

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Jeremy Lamb doesn't appear to be a player who likes contact....it might wake him up from the perpetual nap he seems to be in...at least in his interviews.
                  he also came off sounding pretty empty headed in his interview. i like the players who speak in full sentences and can describe workouts/attitudes/prospects with more than "good. it was good. it went good. i feel good. going to a team would be good."

pass on lamb for me from that 2 minute clip

Comment

rivers came off great in the interview. i like how he answers his questions about his father. he must have known they were coming and i guess they would annoy him. this being his time to shine and still overshadowed by his dad but he answered honestly and didn't shy away. i see a bit of curry in him and with luck he has better ankles. wouldn't be upset with that pick at all.

i also thought moe came off well in interviews considering he is so young. and barnes is a well spoken young man too.

Comment

NBA.com has the same damn outcome. Why is it this kid I have never heard of until this week is suddenly so god damn popular
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Chad Ford actually said he sees Waiters as a better version of Monta Ellis, and could see him going as high as 6th overall to Portland.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn't be happy with this pick. If it's true, it seems unprofessional (and naive?) to pack up shop after one team promises you a pick...

Anyways pass for me... I would prefer Rivers as well...

Comment

Barnes came off extremely well-spoken. Finally somebody agrees with me on passing on lamb after his interview
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Rivers is a charismatic guy, who may not become a superstar as a player (or may be), but he definitely can be a face of the franchise (like Brandon Jennings) and I like it. In my opinion drafting him is low risk - high reward option
                              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Working...
                              X