Anyone Interested in Brandon Roy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Interested in Brandon Roy?

“Lord willing, I will play again soon,” Roy wrote in a series of tweets. “Yes, I’m preparing for a comeback. I’m training daily. I’m preparing for a return next year. I appreciate the love. Hopefully I’ll be back on the floor soon. Health is good.”
    Brandon Roy is able to join any team other than the Trailblazers. Anyone else interested in his comeback? He's would definitely be a good back up, and could possibly even push DD for his starters spot.

Depends who we draft, and what we pay him.

Comment

When he proves he's healthy and can pass a medical I'll have an opinion.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
        Depends who we draft, and what we pay him.
        Let's say we did either the Rudy Gay trade with JJ, #8 and Ed Davis. Would you be willing then and for how much?

Comment

Even if he can get healthy, he is still a huge risk. I would say maybe a little less then Kleiza is making? Like 7 mil for 2 years with a team option.

Comment

Roy can hardly play 20 minutes a night.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Roy can hardly play 20 minutes a night.
              That's about the minutes that Barbosa logged last year coming off the bench at 7.6 million in salary.

Comment

If Roy ever does play again he'll be going to a contender where he can contribute off the bench come playoff time. I see a team like Chicago, or San Antonio, or one of the LA teams being possible candidates.

Comment

this is kinda sad I think. I feel like he loves the game so much that he doesn't realize short of microfracture...he is done. His knees are bone on bone and although he may be able to train and play pickup games now...82 games would ruin him. I don't think we should be the team that he gets to find that out on. That being said if his problem is bone on bone I still don't get why microfracture hasn't been done...that drives me nuts
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If I remember Roy's problems are due to lack of cartilage in his knees. I understand that there has been a lot of advancement in cart. replacement theraphy using stem cells. Kobe does not explicitly confirm this treatment other than he goes/went to Germany I believe for a procedure on his knee last year. China is another location where this can be done. As we know certain types of stem cells cannot be used in the US. It is a possibility that Roy may have been treated for his ailment. I hope so. He was a talent and I enjoyed his game.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      That's about the minutes that Barbosa logged last year coming off the bench at 7.6 million in salary.
                      And Barbosa could play in back to back games, in daily practices and over the rigours of an 82 game schedule

Comment

I would like to take a risk. He will know that the contract will be less than what he did earn because of his medical risk.

I like what someone said, a contract less than Kleiza's, playing 20-25 minutes a night starting or off the bench I don't mind. He was probably the best shooting guard in the league behind Kobe at one point. Incredible player. High risk, high reward signing. Sounds like the draft...
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

he could help demar develop his game and take his place behind kobe(or hopefully take his place after he retires lol)

Comment

Since we haven't struck gold in the draft (fingers crossed JV is the real deal) and are about to play our way out of the lottery I don't see why not. Realistically if BC only drafts a rookie @ 8, brings back Bayless and fills up the remaining roster spots their gonna be better then last year. That means outside of the top 10 in the draft for the next few years lowering our chances of a star player being drafted. Multiple young players improving dramatically (JV, 8th pick, Demar, Ed, JJ, Bayless) or packaging some of them for a star player are the only real option as free agency isn't going to be kind to TO until they start winning consistently. Taking a chance on a player like Brandon Roy (@ a reasonable price and contract length) has to be looked at IMO. Even if he can't play 30+ minutes or back to backs he could be a great piece. Worst case some of his craftiness and leadership rubs off on Demar and takes him to the next level.

Comment

look...if like three doctors will sign off saying his knees have improved, he proves it in an intense workout at the ACC with McKechnie signing off on the decision and he is willing to play restricted minutes I would gladly underpay to have him come off the bench.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X