Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jared Sullinger Medically Red Flagged

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Someone will take this guy late and he'll be playing 25 minutes a night for them in Week One. Meanwhile, half of the upside guys who go ahead of him will be out of the NBA in 3 years....

    Comment


    • #17
      The Raptors are "far more likely" to keep the No. 8 pick rather than trading it, a source tells the Toronto Sun.
      There has been a ton of speculation that the Raptors are prepared to move the pick for a veteran like Rudy Gay or Andre Iguodala, but now it sounds like Toronto is prepared to keep the selection. It's really not that surprising considering the Raptors don't need to take an overpaid wing player to improve, and the team would be far better served using the pick to draft some cost-controlled talent.


      Be prepared to this: With the 8-th pick in the 2012-th year NBA draft Toronto Raptors select Dion Waiters
      (Sorry for poor English )

      Comment


      • #18
        japetas wrote: View Post
        The Raptors are "far more likely" to keep the No. 8 pick rather than trading it, a source tells the Toronto Sun.
        There has been a ton of speculation that the Raptors are prepared to move the pick for a veteran like Rudy Gay or Andre Iguodala, but now it sounds like Toronto is prepared to keep the selection. It's really not that surprising considering the Raptors don't need to take an overpaid wing player to improve, and the team would be far better served using the pick to draft some cost-controlled talent.


        Be prepared to this: With the 8-th pick in the 2012-th year NBA draft Toronto Raptors select Dion Waiters
        Noooooooooooooooooo

        Comment


        • #19
          japetas wrote: View Post
          The Raptors are "far more likely" to keep the No. 8 pick rather than trading it, a source tells the Toronto Sun.
          There has been a ton of speculation that the Raptors are prepared to move the pick for a veteran like Rudy Gay or Andre Iguodala, but now it sounds like Toronto is prepared to keep the selection. It's really not that surprising considering the Raptors don't need to take an overpaid wing player to improve, and the team would be far better served using the pick to draft some cost-controlled talent.


          Be prepared to this: With the 8-th pick in the 2012-th year NBA draft Toronto Raptors select Dion Waiters
          I think a big reason the Raps could keep the pick is because they have no idea who might still be available, given the state of flux in all the various mock drafts out there. It's a complete crapshoot after #1. A trade for Gay/Iguodala becomes a lot more attractive when choosing between Waiters, Sullinger, Lamb and Rivers, than it would be if a guy like Lillard or Barnes is available (or heaven forbid Beal or MKG drop). I fully expect BC to go into the draft with lots of potential deals lined up (including no deal at all), depending who is still on the board @ #8. Just because a deal doesn't get done ahead of time, doesn't mean a deal can't still be done during/after the draft.

          I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the potential deals for stars (ie: Gay/Iguodala) have BC feeling like he'd have to giveup too much, in addition to taking on all the extra salary, at least in part due to the fact that multiple teams are exploring this avenue (ie: Charlotte, Golden State and possibly Portland at least). It's a seller's market and BC would be wise not to overpay.

          Conversely, I bet that teams offering deals for Toronto to possibly drop a few spots, likely aren't offering enough to entice BC. Toronto is loaded with 2nd unit quality players, so there's no reason to take on another rotation player in exchange for dropping a couple spots. With several teams rumored to be looking to trade down, with no guarantee which prospects will be available at what pick, teams aren't likely to offer much just to move up a few spots, when they might not get the guy they want or could possibly get him without moving up. Again, I expect many deals to go down at the draft or just after the draft, when actual names can be traded instead of just pick #'s. There's too much uncertainty right now, especially with so many picks allegly up for grabs.
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jun 19th, 2012, 04:41 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I think a big reason the Raps could keep the pick is because they have no idea who might still be available, given the state of flux in all the various mock drafts out there. It's a complete crapshoot after #1. .......
            Yes .... if the draft is as messed up as it appears to be heading, then who's left to draft could be a pleasant surprise. And if some quality names are still left, it will also attract trading partners looking for a specific player in the draft. These teams may not wish to gamble beyond #8.

            And if luck is with us - as opposed to what happened this year (including the lottery) - then Raptor fans could actually see positive signs heading into the season. A #2 pick (relatively speaking) plus a quality 1st Rounder and/or Talent (in trade).

            .

            Comment


            • #21
              RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
              Yes .... if the draft is as messed up as it appears to be heading, then who's left to draft could be a pleasant surprise. And if some quality names are still left, it will also attract trading partners looking for a specific player in the draft. These teams may not wish to gamble beyond #8.

              And if luck is with us - as opposed to what happened this year (including the lottery) - then Raptor fans could actually see positive signs heading into the season. A #2 pick (relatively speaking) plus a quality 1st Rounder and/or Talent (in trade).

              .
              I fully agree. The Raps could wind up drafting a player widely expected to be unavailable (ie: Barnes, Lillard) who would be more attractive than trading for an overpaid, aging veteran. Or, as I've read the last couple days, a player like Drummond could continue slipping, right to the Raptors. With JV coming in at C, Drummond probably doen't have much value to the Raptors, but that #8 pick would suddenly skyrocket in value as a trade chip, for teams behind us drooling over the idea of being able to grab Drummond.

              The #8 pick is like a stock for an unknown commodity... once the first seven picks are made and we know who's available @ #8, the Raptors and every other team will suddenly be able to come to an agreement over the true value of the pick. As you said, hopefully the value is higher than anticipated, either for the Raptors to use the pick or trade it.

              Comment


              • #22
                Just you watch - San Antonio will end up drafting Sullinger, and he'll be a solid pro for years.

                Comment


                • #23
                  joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Sounds like a load of nothing to me.
                  sounds like a father sticking up for his son to me. if that were a dr. i would put more stock into it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    DaveKim wrote: View Post
                    I feel bad for him. Going from potential Number 1 pick last year to maybe not even first round.
                    Exhibit 1A of NOT going back to school if you are a projected high lottery pick.

                    dude lost millions of guaranteed money.
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      This is the EXACT reason why if you're projected to go in the lottery you should always go
                      @sweatpantsjer

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        JS is still going to have some spending cash very soon. I would trade bank accounts with him, after he signs that is.

                        Agents always say that new players are playing for the second contract.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X