X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Thanks for the correction. I was certain BC gave it to him. Well, besides that slip up, I stand by the rest of the comment.
    No worries (and I agree with your assessment of Sessions).. I had looked up Banks' contract a few months ago thinking it was a bone headed move on Bryan's part.. but the facts proved me wrong too at the time. I only commented because I remembered that pretty vividly still.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I researched Banks' contract.. it wasn't Bryan that gave it to him. Banks got that extension on July 20, 2006. Colangelo was with Toronto making deals in March of 2006.
    Thanks for the correction. I was certain BC gave it to him. Well, besides that slip up, I stand by the rest of the comment.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Calderon but I don't think Sessions is 60% the player Calderon is.

He played good in the 23 regular season games with LA, however, once teams scout and adjust, I think his decline in the playoffs was noteworthy. I do not think he is as bad as he showed in the 12 playoff games but somewhere between LA regular season and playoffs is his true ability - likely what he showed in the regular season in Cleveland.

Giving Sessions $5-6M per year has Marcus Banks written all over it in my opinion - and it was Colangelo who gave Banks that contract. This is the type of free agent signing I hope BC stays away from - average to slightly below average players on above average contracts.
    I researched Banks' contract.. it wasn't Bryan that gave it to him. Banks got that extension on July 20, 2006. Colangelo was with Toronto making deals in March of 2006.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    charlz wrote: View Post
    wow I am reading all this and I can't believe people would not see value in session for 5-6mill. He had rough go with Lakers but he could be had for 60% the price of calderon.

I would rather do that with cap space

Sessions + +lucas + Bayless + #8

or Sessions +lucas + Bayless + Gay (amnesty Calderon)

better than Calderon + Deng
    I'm not a huge fan of Calderon but I don't think Sessions is 60% the player Calderon is.

He played good in the 23 regular season games with LA, however, once teams scout and adjust, I think his decline in the playoffs was noteworthy. I do not think he is as bad as he showed in the 12 playoff games but somewhere between LA regular season and playoffs is his true ability - likely what he showed in the regular season in Cleveland.

Giving Sessions $5-6M per year has Marcus Banks written all over it in my opinion - and it was Colangelo who gave Banks that contract *it was not BC who gave Banks the contract - thank you planetmars*. This is the type of free agent signing I hope BC stays away from - average to slightly below average players on above average contracts.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Jun 19, 2012, 07:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    wow I am reading all this and I can't believe people would not see value in session for 5-6mill. He had rough go with Lakers but he could be had for 60% the price of calderon.

What value? And amnesty-ing Calderon in favour of Sessions is a horrible idea. In no way is Sessions better than Calderon.

Leave a comment:

• theycallmeZZ
    replied
    He was behind Kyrie irving in CLE Jennings in Milwaukee
    What...

Behind Kyrie Irving, shouldn't it be the other way around if he was good?

And Jennings...?

As for the Lakers, anything was better than Fisher at the starting point.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Goran Dragic is the man if we want a ufa.

Leave a comment:

• charlz
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    He opted out of a contract that would have paid him $4.55 million, so he's looking for a 5-6 mil (MLE) per season deal for the next 4-5 seasons. No thanks. His performance in the playoffs was brutal. He was often lifted for Steve Blake. I'd rather keep Calderon and take a flyer on a guy like Scott Machado in the second round.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    He opted out of a contract that would have paid him $4.55 million, so he's looking for a 5-6 mil (MLE) per season deal for the next 4-5 seasons. No thanks. His performance in the playoffs was brutal. He was often lifted for Steve Blake. I'd rather keep Calderon and take a flyer on a guy like Scott Machado in the second round.

Leave a comment:

• torch19
    replied
    I actually like Ramon Sessions, but I wouldn't make him a priority. He has improved his 3point shooting over the last few years, his PER would rank him in the Raps' top 3, he is pretty efficient. His defense isn't much of an upgrade though.

I like Bayless better.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied

HUH?
    in the last two years he is .450 from 3 and almost an 80% ft shooter.
    The lakers dumped fisher and traded for him. Granted he did not gel with kobe but I think LALA land and all the glitz of a playoff run was a tough adjustment for any 3rd year player.
    Except he is a 5th year player...as to his shooting percentages, he does shoot from 3 at a pretty good clip, he just shoots from everywhere else on the floor like crap. He has had a lower overall FG% than 3 point% the last two years, not good when you a threat from deep, it should open things up for you.

Leave a comment:

• charlz
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    There has to be a reason why he has been in the league for 5 seasons and has played for 4 teams....

tbihis wrote: View Post
    the shot clock, or kickouts. He's a good slasher, but at 26, i dont think he can still improve that jumpshot.

Pass.
    HUH?
    in the last two years he is .450 from 3 and almost an 80% ft shooter.
    The lakers dumped fisher and traded for him. Granted he did not gel with kobe but I think LALA land and all the glitz of a playoff run was a tough adjustment for any 3rd year player.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    There has to be a reason why he has been in the league for 5 seasons and has played for 4 teams....

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    I'd rather keep Calderon and re-sign him for another season or two, than sign Sessions to be a starter. He'll be too in demand to sign for backup money/role.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    sessions blows
    so short, yet so powerful. hahaha

i was actually a fan of Sessions till i saw him play with the lakers.
    He doesnt seem to have a jumpshot, which i think for a PG is quite vital, since most of your shots will probably come at the end of the shot clock, or kickouts. He's a good slasher, but at 26, i dont think he can still improve that jumpshot.

Pass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X