2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 10th Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 10th Overall Pick

We had our closest vote of this mock draft with our last selection. Hopefully we won't encounter the same thing with this selection. The New Orleans Hornets are back on the clock. New Orleans just unloaded Trevor Ariza and Emeka Okafor earlier this week and Raptors Republic voted Anthony Davis as their first pick, but they have some holes to address, so we ask...

Raptors Republic, who do you think the New Orleans Hornets will take with the #10th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft?
    Jeremy Lamb, SG, Connecticut
    4.55%
    Dion Waiters, SG, Syracuse
    13.64%
    Meyers Leonard, C, Illinois
    13.64%
    Tyler Zeller, C, North Carolina
    9.09%
    Austin Rivers, SG, Duke
    18.18%
    Kendal Marshall, PG, North Carolina
    36.36%
    Jared Sullinger, PF, Ohio State
    4.55%
    Terrence Jones, SF/PF, Kentucky
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by MangoKid; Fri Jun 22, 2012, 11:00 PM.

chose marshall to play with gordon and davis

Comment

Shouldn't Harkless be a choice around now? Or is this still too high for him to be an option?

Comment

Maybe I'll include him at the 14th pick. But most of the guys in the aformentioned poll are rated higher than Harkless.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Maybe I'll include him at the 14th pick. But most of the guys in the aformentioned poll are rated higher than Harkless.
          Cool.

Comment

I like Marshall here.

BTW, what was the consensus 9th pick?

Comment

After NO traded Okafor, they are seriously lacking in the big department. A. Davis should get a tonne of minutes, but they will still need another big. I think Leonard is the best available big at this point, so they will take him.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                After NO traded Okafor, they are seriously lacking in the big department. A. Davis should get a tonne of minutes, but they will still need another big. I think Leonard is the best available big at this point, so they will take him.
                Don't they have Kamen? They have a bunch of bigs I haven't heard of BUT they do have bigs. On the other hand, Jarrett Jack is their lone pure point guard. Belli could back him up...

Comment

Kaman's a UFA I believe.

Meyers Leonard could be a decent fit with Davis.

Comment

I'll go with Waiters here. NO might want to have a backup to Gordon in case he he gets an offer they do not want to match...or gets injured again!

Comment

Raptors Republic has once again spoken. With the 10th pick in the 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft, the New Orleans Hornets select...

KENDALL MARSHALL, PG, NORTH CAROLINA

2011-12 NCAA Statistics

PPG: 8.1
                      APG: 9.8
                      AST/TO: 3.48
                      FG%: 46.7

Positives
                      •One of the best passers in college basketball
                      •Sees the floor exceptionally well
                      •High basketball IQ
                      •Pure point guard, always looking to set others up
                      •Good size for his position, strong
                      •Improving shooter

Negatives
                      •Not an explosive athlete
                      •Lacks great lateral quickness

Analysis, as per ESPN Scouts

No one has helped their draft stock more in March than Marshall. Yes, he broke his hand and was unable to play in the Sweet 16. But Carolina's struggles without Marshall on the floor highlighted how important he was to the team. Marshall is the best passer in college basketball. He's unselfish and makes everyone around him better. The questions for Marshall surround his lack of elite athleticism and his ability to guard the ultra quick point guards at the NBA level. Marshall also needs to improve his jump shot.

Marshall didn't play one minute this weekend and his draft stock still took another major jump. Why? Because without him orchestrating things from the point, North Carolina's other six high school All-Americans struggled to get any semblance of an offense going. Marshall's unselfishness can sometimes get lost when he's on the court. But when you saw players like Barnes and John Henson try to create without him, they looked very ordinary.

Comment

Working...
                      X