Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveKim
    replied
    He kinda reminds me of Mo Williams from the workout.

I'll pass.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I guess him being a hometown kid would entice GS to get him, but I feel like the Warriors are just one piece away from being a major playoff caliber team (assuming that Curry and Bogut can stay healthy). It's actually another possibility for them to get PJII or Barnes (if available) since the SF position seems to be the weakest position next to PG. But I do understand what you mean when you say that they need someone to back up Curry since he's injuring his ankle every 20 games or so.
    If Barnes is available, for sure he'll be the selection, but if he's not and Lillard is still there at 7, in all liklihood, Lillard will be the selection.

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    The Warriors might have interest in him because he's a hometown kid. It would be a smallish back court with him and Curry, but it's a decent insurance policy should Curry be injured and they can interchange the two.
    I guess him being a hometown kid would entice GS to get him, but I feel like the Warriors are just one piece away from being a major playoff caliber team (assuming that Curry and Bogut can stay healthy). It's actually another possibility for them to get PJII or Barnes (if available) since the SF position seems to be the weakest position next to PG. But I do understand what you mean when you say that they need someone to back up Curry since he's injuring his ankle every 20 games or so.

Leave a comment:

• akashsingh
    replied
    Personally I do not see why GS would want him. If anything, they much rather have Waiter. Also, if any team would want him before us, it is Portland.
    forgot about portland, good point.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Personally I do not see why GS would want him. If anything, they much rather have Waiter. Also, if any team would want him before us, it is Portland.
    The Warriors might have interest in him because he's a hometown kid. It would be a smallish back court with him and Curry, but it's a decent insurance policy should Curry be injured and they can interchange the two.

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    akashsingh wrote: View Post
    golden state will probably take him, curry's injury prone, he seems rather mature and has the physical tools, calderon is too old to be a realistic future option, I would take him if I had the chance...

Leave a comment:

• akashsingh
    replied
    golden state will probably take him, curry's injury prone, he seems rather mature and has the physical tools, calderon is too old to be a realistic future option, I would take him if I had the chance...

Leave a comment:

• The Coach
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    neither am i. People act as though NBA players are like old geezers by the time their 40. Since when is 21 too old? thats just stupid
    I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or not... I was agreeing with you and just making the point that NFL players seem to die a lot younger. Here is a quote:

"Studies in the United States show that men who play five or more years in the NFL have a life expectancy of 55, 20 years less than the average in the general public. For linemen, perhaps due to their size, the life expectancy is 52." -http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/average-lifespan-football-player-52
    It also should be noted that the statistics are being disputed by many.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    The Coach wrote: View Post
    ... and we are not talking about NFL players.
    neither am i. People act as though NBA players are like old geezers by the time their 40. Since when is 21 too old? thats just stupid

Leave a comment:

• The Coach
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i know. This isn't the Medieval times where u die at like 50.
    ... and we are not talking about NFL players.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    i know. This isn't the Medieval times where u die at like 50.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    mega lols at 21 being too old

Leave a comment:

• jbml
    replied
    It's true that he is on the older side of the draft, but there have been players in the past that have shown rapid improvement in their first few seasons. Joakim Noah, Arron Afflalo, Roy Hibbert, Ty Lawson, Danny Granger, David West, David Lee and Brandon Roy, Dwayne Wade, Shane Battier and George Hill would be some examples. So therefore, I don't think that Lillard's age should play too big of a factor into the reason why we shouldn't consider drafting him. It's sometimes better to draft a player who can contribute immediately than a younger player that has huge upside, but might not live up to it.
    Agree with this especially with our difficulty keeping players long term. With the salary committment for high picks i have no issues with giving nba readiness weight in the decision process

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    akashsingh wrote: View Post
    you could say the exact same bs about bayless..........
    i believe in bayless and think that sf is our main concern but its a case for lilliard thread and i would support that pick wholeheartedly. a 21 year old who will be on a rookie deal at 25 still is a plus
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Jun 24, 2012, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• akashsingh
    replied
    you could say the exact same bs about bayless..........

Leave a comment:

Working...
X