Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nash or Lowry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nash or Lowry

    THUNDERDOME -Who would you choose?
    64
    Nash
    45.31%
    29
    Lowry
    54.69%
    35

    The poll is expired.

    @sweatpantsjer

  • #2
    lowry

    i know he has two years left in his deal. is that he rookie deal?

    Comment


    • #3
      ceez wrote: View Post
      THUNDERDOME -Who would you choose?
      You have to make things hard don't you? Well I'm voting for Kyle Lowry, he's a younger, cheaper point guard who's only going to improve with Jose in the fold, and has a good number of years left for great play. I believe he is only 25-26?

      I would see him a nice fit here, even though don't get me wrong, he is not as good as Nash, Nash I see playing for 2-3 more years only.

      Comment


      • #4
        my heart say Nash but my head says Lowry
        @sweatpantsjer

        Comment


        • #5
          ceez wrote: View Post
          my heart say Nash but my head says Lowry
          I feel the same way man. Nash would make them better quickly, but Lowry will hold his own.

          Comment


          • #6
            i need one of our smarter boarders to pick one and then i'll latch onto their opinion
            @sweatpantsjer

            Comment


            • #7
              ceez wrote: View Post
              i need one of our smarter boarders to pick one and then i'll latch onto their opinion
              haha

              Comment


              • #8
                If we can nab Lillard with the 8th pick I prefer Nash. Otherwise Lowry is the point of the future. (hopefully)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nash. He doesn't have the defensive pedigree like Lowry, but I guarantee you signing a big star like Nash will make a lot of other stars stand up and take notice. They might give Toronto a longer look next time. You might have guys wanting to play in Toronto because of Nash.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Nash. He doesn't have the defensive pedigree like Lowry, but I guarantee you signing a big star like Nash will make a lot of other stars stand up and take notice. They might give Toronto a longer look next time. You might have guys wanting to play in Toronto because of Nash.
                    I would agree with this, but Nash in the future plans doesn't look right for me. This team is building for the next 3-4 years and above TOGETHER. I would much rather Lowry due to our current situation, but Nash would have to do for sure. I mean he is one of the best point guards in the NBA.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My heart says Nash and my head says Nash. That is if we can land him without giving up our 8th pick, Bargs and JV. Otherwise I say Lowry. Still I wouldn't want to part with Bargs and JV and we would need to get another 1st round pick in return.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        My heart says Nash and my head says Nash. That is if we can land him without giving up our 8th pick, Bargs and JV. Otherwise I say Lowry. Still I wouldn't want to part with Bargs and JV and we would need to get another 1st round pick in return.
                        That's the whole topic. It's be something like #8 and Ed Davis for #16 and Lowry, but Sacramento and the Magic may be involved. Check out the thread that I posted about 'Twitter Trade Rumours.'

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Tough call, but I would lean towards Nash. 1. I'm not that sold on Lowry as being our long-term solution. 2. Like Mango suggested, having Nash instantly makes the Raptors an intriguing free agent destination. Don't think that NBA players haven't noticed how easy he makes the game look for Marion, Diaw, Gortat, Frye, Dudley, etc. If you're looking to improve your performance, play next to a PG who can create easy looks for you. Like moth to a flame...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            Nash. He doesn't have the defensive pedigree like Lowry, but I guarantee you signing a big star like Nash will make a lot of other stars stand up and take notice. They might give Toronto a longer look next time. You might have guys wanting to play in Toronto because of Nash.
                            I chose Nash, but that's because I'm a dreamer.. I fear mediocrity with him, but I don't see championship with Lowry either. I think Nash is going to do a better job of developing JV and I see all-star in Bargs tea leaves with Nash on board.

                            However I replied to your post because I don't think Nash is going to ever attract free agents. Phoenix is probably one of the warmest cities in the league. They have had a history of winning and success. Yet they never were able to lure a notable free agent to that town (Grant Hill was past his prime by the time he came to Phoenix, IMO). I don't see how Toronto is going to attract guys just because Nash is playing for them, if he couldn't do the same when he was in Phoenix (when he was younger, and was winning MVP trophies).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ceez wrote: View Post
                              my heart say Nash but my head says Lowry
                              This.

                              If we draft a PG and trade Jose, then I would say Nash to start and mentor for two years.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X