Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome Terrence Ross

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I don't hate the pick. BC made his decision based on our needs instead of getting the BPA. That's either gonna end up being really smart, or bit us in the ass HARD. I'm not as excited about it, but I'm willing to give Terrence Ross a chance to prove himself before I judge whether this was a bust or not.
    this is exactly how I feel. Some real potential was passed on in order to reach for a player.

    Atleast it wasn't Rivers.

    Comment


    • #17

      Comment


      • #18
        Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
        I don't hate the pick. BC made his decision based on our needs instead of getting the BPA. That's either gonna end up being really smart, or bit us in the ass HARD. I'm not as excited about it, but I'm willing to give Terrence Ross a chance to prove himself before I judge whether this was a bust or not.
        Did you ever consider that for BC, Ross was the best player available? Just because you don't think so, doesn't make it true.

        Comment


        • #19
          Is this fate or are we sure we are satisfied with T.Ross.

          I mean back in 1998, the Warriors selected ahead of us by grabbing Vince Carter while we landed Antawn Jamison but we swapped the pick during draft night and the rest is history. Can we do the same, swap our pick with the Warriors for Harrison Barnes. I see T.Ross to be a mediocre in this league, at the best, Wesly Johnson, at the worst, Quinton Ross whereas Harrison Barnes could be the face of this pathetic franchise. Goddamn, I'm pissed and let it be known that both Andre Drummond and Austin Rivers were on board and omg has Perry Jones III slipped all the way down to the Thunder.

          Comment


          • #20
            Craiger wrote: View Post
            this is exactly how I feel. Some real potential was passed on in order to reach for a player.

            Atleast it wasn't Rivers.
            I like the pick as we got a guy who can come in and play right away. The only player you can argue that we passed on was Drummond, but he plays the same position of our other lotto pick and he will need a couple years of development before he can really contribute. It was huge that we passed on Rivers. In Casey's interview he says that they didn't feel Rivers shooting was good enough yet. I'm glad they really paid attention and didn't just follow the hype.

            Comment


            • #21
              tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              Is this fate or are we sure we are satisfied with T.Ross.

              I mean back in 1998, the Warriors selected ahead of us by grabbing Vince Carter while we landed Antawn Jamison but we swapped the pick during draft night and the rest is history. Can we do the same, swap our pick with the Warriors for Harrison Barnes. I see T.Ross to be a mediocre in this league, at the best, Wesly Johnson, at the worst, Quinton Ross whereas Harrison Barnes could be the face of this pathetic franchise. Goddamn, I'm pissed and let it be known that both Andre Drummond and Austin Rivers were on board and omg has Perry Jones III slipped all the way down to the Thunder.
              I think TRoss has a better career than Drummond, Rivers, and PJ3. Missing out on Barnes really hurts but I'm not upset about the guys we passed on, relieved actually.

              Comment


              • #22
                better shooter than W.Johnson and Q.Ross. worst case M.Peterson, best case E.Jones.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Here's what I see...a solid rotational SG, part time SF with very good athleticism, can execute a pick & pop, hit clutch FTs, and above average basketball IQ. Our team had no other player last year suitable enough for a pick and pop, and only our PG was the only guy who can do so consistently. Casey needs that Jason Terry or DeShawn Stevenson type of player to cover the front court.

                  All-Star or not, this team needs a player to be the fan-favorite lifer because these players will be the glue-men for the backcourt. They will pass to the open man, see the and pass to the open cutter, be ready and nail open shots & corner 3s, stay on their man on defense on whatever circumstances and be a 85%+ FT shooters in tight ball games.

                  How many BBall IQ players have we had last year since Parker and Garbo?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                    I don't hate the pick. BC made his decision based on our needs instead of getting the BPA. That's either gonna end up being really smart, or bit us in the ass HARD. I'm not as excited about it, but I'm willing to give Terrence Ross a chance to prove himself before I judge whether this was a bust or not.
                    I would say he drafted based on BPA, given the fact that Ross is a SG, which is DD's position currently. I think Ross can become a good player, though I think it was bit of a stretch to take him at 8, but there wasn't really anybody else available that I'd prefer hands-down over Ross so I can overlook that. He contributes on both ends of the court, seems like a good hustle guy and is a much better shooter than DD.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      He did have a very solid workout with Toronto.



                      Ross + Jonas will make this team look a whole lot different that's for sure. Now the Raptors have outside shooting threat and and inside scoring threat which will space things out.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        tonious35 wrote: View Post
                        Here's what I see...a solid rotational SG, part time SF with very good athleticism, can execute a pick & pop, hit clutch FTs, and above average basketball IQ. Our team had no other player last year suitable enough for a pick and pop, and only our PG was the only guy who can do so consistently. Casey needs that Jason Terry or DeShawn Stevenson type of player to cover the front court.

                        All-Star or not, this team needs a player to be the fan-favorite lifer because these players will be the glue-men for the backcourt. They will pass to the open man, see the and pass to the open cutter, be ready and nail open shots & corner 3s, stay on their man on defense on whatever circumstances and be a 85%+ FT shooters in tight ball games.

                        How many BBall IQ players have we had last year since Parker and Garbo?
                        One of the knocks on Ross is his below average basketball IQ.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Well, his stats are better than other big name guys. Although, it's not the ACC or Big 12. It is still the Pac 12.

                          Welcome, Terrence Ross. Prove me wrong. Reminds me of Ed Davis when he talks.


                          -- Charles Barkley

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I would say he drafted based on BPA, given the fact that Ross is a SG, which is DD's position currently. I think Ross can become a good player, though I think it was bit of a stretch to take him at 8, but there wasn't really anybody else available that I'd prefer hands-down over Ross so I can overlook that. He contributes on both ends of the court, seems like a good hustle guy and is a much better shooter than DD.
                            Agreed. I don't think BC wanted to draft down First, you have to find the right team to trade with that works for both teams. You could say we could have gotten Lowry and the 12th pick and draft Ross with the 12th pick, but I don't think that would have been wise in BC's mind. BC is REALLY confident that Nash will sign us with off-season. Lowry was a headcase in Houston because there was a fight for the PG position between him and Dragic. Dragic took over his starting PG position, so he lashed out on Kevin McHale. Assuming we get Nash, Lowry would probably back Nash up which is not what Lowry wants (which is to be a starting PG). Nash has about 2-3 more years in the tank, so he'll be a backup for 2 -3 years until he'll finally take the helm of our Raptor team. He'll definitely complain to Dwayne Casey about it and demand a trade to another team. I don't think BC and Casey would want that especially after Hedo complained and slacked off. That's just my theory and opinion. Do correct me if I'm wrong about something.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Just a question, is there an article out there pertaining to BC looking to sign Nash? (I haven't been following religiously) Otherwise, we'll have to see how this Ross guy pans out. I remember everyone was up in arms over the Jonas pick and it turned out that we may have made a good choice in that selection. I know T-Ross isn't a household name brand guy or gushing 'potential' or even that 'wow factor'. But let's see how this guy does on the court. He looks legit from the various clips provided. I mean, I hope he contributes right away!
                              #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                RPT23 wrote: View Post
                                Just a question, is there an article out there pertaining to BC looking to sign Nash? (I haven't been following religiously) Otherwise, we'll have to see how this Ross guy pans out. I remember everyone was up in arms over the Jonas pick and it turned out that we may have made a good choice in that selection. I know T-Ross isn't a household name brand guy or gushing 'potential' or even that 'wow factor'. But let's see how this guy does on the court. He looks legit from the various clips provided. I mean, I hope he contributes right away!
                                Yea, for a long time now, BC has been trying to get Nash to come to Toronto. Even one of the rumors on RealGM during the draft said that Raptors will be at Nash's doorsteps once free agency starts... xD

                                Here is one article that states that Nash is interested in Toronto along with two other team: http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/06/2...04&feedID=3801

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X