• Doc
    replied
    Acy's jersey's are now available.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    If you would like to know more about Acy as a personality watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKH29_DrsV0
    at 16:39 he answers to a question "If you could play with pro athlete who would it be?" with Steve Nash "makes everyone around him better". Found this one interesting.
    His fav team is Mavericks, but just because he's from Texas I guess. I liked him as an personality, calm, mean guy, has head.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Reggie Evans who can shoot foul shot's is really all you need to know..temper your enthusiasm.
    I'd say he's far more athletic than Reggie as well though.
    Acy had some of the best dunks of the year last year for Baylor.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    Reggie Evans who can shoot foul shot's is really all you need to know..temper your enthusiasm.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    With due respect I believe that Faried is a better barometer/comparison. Just about identical in physical stats (Acy is a bit taller and wider wingspan) as well as playing style. Faried brings it all the time and is tremendous on the boards at both ends. He now starts in Denver. It remains to be seen if Acy can duplicate in the NBA as Faried did. When I think of Marion I think more finesse even though he has an edge to his game. The other two live on the inside.
    I really don't know much about Acy, so you might be completely right.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    With due respect I believe that Faried is a better barometer/comparison. Just about identical in physical stats (Acy is a bit taller and wider wingspan) as well as playing style. Faried brings it all the time and is tremendous on the boards at both ends. He now starts in Denver. It remains to be seen if Acy can duplicate in the NBA as Faried did. When I think of Marion I think more finesse even though he has an edge to his game. The other two live on the inside.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Matrix had freakish measurements for a 3. He had the complete game. To compare him to Acy is a joke. ...
    Yet Acy has the same freakish measurements and Marion played a lot of 4. Marion didn't really have the complete game (as in "to say Marion has a complete game is a joke"); he never was a good shooter and got most of his points at the rim, as will Acy. Of course not saying he's anywhere near as good as Marion as I really don't know much about Acy. But his seize, tenacity on offense and where he'll get his points from is very similar.

Leave a comment:

• draftedraptor
    replied
    Matrix had freakish measurements for a 3. He had the complete game. To compare him to Acy is a joke.

At 23, Acy is not going to get any taller than his 6-6 frame. He looks very much like a smaller, smarter version of Reggie Evans. His college stats will not mean much in the NBA. He was a really strange pick for me. I hope he proves me wrong.

Leave a comment:

• torch19
    replied
    Even if he doesn't play significant minutes, the fact that you have a bruiser during practices will toughen up Ed Davis and Andrea Bargnani. If he plays, he will have a Jamal Magloire role; no play calls, all bruising.

That kind of intensity is hard to match. It should also be cancerous (good type). I look forward to cheer for him next season and any offensive production will be a bonus. The fact that he can hit free throws and finish well around the rim doesn't make him that much of a liability.

I honestly think he will have a Kenneth Faried type of impact; undersized athletic hustler.

I was debating whether I would have wanted Quincy Miller instead. I think I like the sure thing that this kid will bring energy, grit and will do all the dirty work. I loved Reggie & if this guy is Reggie with hops and free throws? Damn. Bargain.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    i think he is way different then marion. i doubt he has 3 point range or the dribbling/passing from matrix. looks like he is a better/thinner version of the greek baby shaq. just going to bulldog and hammer everything he can down low.

Leave a comment:

• Soft Euro
    replied
    I haven't heard the name of Shawn Marion as comparison yet. But the measurements of Acy are close to identical to those of Marion (who played a lot of PF for Phoenix). Offensively it seems that Acy can do a lot of the same stuff (even his shot seems to have improved every year - see his ft%) Marion made his name with in Phoenix. That can be fun with Nash!

The downside from what I've read is that he isn't as intense/commited on defense as on offense and lacks in the fundamentals of defense. Guess he's got the summerleague and trainingcamp to prove it and earn a contract.

Leave a comment:

• b2kelly
    replied
    Garbo wrote: View Post
    .. You would've taken Acy 4th overall? The guy who is being optimistically compared to Reggie Evans is the guy you'd select fourth overall? I admire that kind of optimism
    I wish Ed Davis would play with 1/3 of the intensity that this dude has. He is going to fill out into an unstoppable beast. I am getting an ACY Jersey ASAP!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X