X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    i can't wait to watch Ross stroke it
    LMAO. You said the same about Beal. Now that guy can stroke it lol

Terrence Ross has a Nick Young jumper. It's kind of pretty but not Beal-like. DeMar's is ugly and his follow through is worse.

My only concern about Ross is his 197 lbs of muscle. That is a bit too light & definitely won't work as a 3. I hope DeMar adds 10-15 lbs of bulk to compensate. It would also allow DeMar to bang down low.

So many sexual references haha
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

The measurements and athletic numbers are very similar.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Terrence-Ross-5747/
      http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demar-DeRozan-1319/

Comment

Raptorsblog experts said that he is better than Demar in every way as a SG. Better shooter, better rebound and better defender. If that is true, then Demar should get work before he's benched.

RaptorBlog Radio: Draft Night Podcast | RaptorBlog | Blogs | theScore.com
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Jun 30, 2012, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Raptorsblog experts said that he is better than Demar in every way as a SG. Better shooter, better rebound and better defender. If that is true, then Demar should get work because he's benched.

Ross may project out to be better than DeMar, but not for a few years at least. Just consider it good depth til then, if it even happens. Who knows, Ross may never even play a game for the raps depending how the next day or so goes.

Comment

I don't think anything is gonna happen with this so-called "flexibility" before free agency. All the talk about head start, etc. Bullsh!t
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Watch the press conference, and Casey mentions that they're both wing players, doesn't care about 'numbers.' Both we'll be playing together.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Yeah, he mentioned that he feels they will compliment each other well. Colangelo has compared Ross to Michael Finley. If Ross turns out to be Michael Finley in his prime then this pick was a grand slam.

Comment

The part of Derozan's game that is most developed is the driving it to the hoop and score and/or get fouled skill in the half court offense. We'll see if Ross is capable of that kind of attacking the basket style, also.

Comment

If Ross can do that then he'll be a much better player than DeRozan because Ross is already a good shooter with a solid handle... Based on what I've read from scouting reports online that is. I really am looking forward to seeing him in action.

Comment

Can Ross handle the ball well? I have gotten/seen different answers all over the place. The two things I am really unsure of is whether he really is a solid defensive player (though I do not worry about this because almost everyone is a solid defensive player with Casey) and whether or not he can handle the ball.

I think with some development, and if they both hit the weight room a bit, we will have ourselves some exciting wings this year (who might actually play defense).

The pick keeps looking better and better.

Comment

He's got pretty decent handle. Originally when I started looking into him I saw that a couple dudes said he had zero handle and would never be a player able to get his own shot off. Was going to be strictly a catch and shoot type player. Then I read more into it and I guess he really worked on it and last year was actually quite good. Keep in mind he was in the PAC 12 where they don't really get scouted nearly as much so you're going to see some wildly differing scouting reports. The draft express breakdown video is pretty good.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

We never really got a chance to see his ball handling skills in extended action. This guy only needed some separation moves and a crossover to set up his jumper.

Comment

Ball Handling: A decent ball handler capable of creating his own shot in a half court offense, but he shies away from having to break down his man off the dribble. Has excellent change of direction off the dribble and shiftiness with the ball in his hands, but you only see it when he wants a pull up jumper. Most of his straight line drives are created by his quick first step and decisiveness to go straight line hard to the basket. Tendency to push off with his off arm and will gets call for a charge when he does too aggressively. Good portion of drives into traffic end up being forced into traffic or blocked because he can’t withstand contact yet, and it won’t get better in the NBA until he adds muscle. Has a ankle-breaking crossover going from right to left to set up a drive or jumper. Loves the step back dribble, especially from just beyond the arc, and is adept at pulling it out to get a shot off over his defender. Decent driver who settles for jumpers, but he can pull it off most of the time. Lack of aggression driving the ball hard to the hoop and drawing fouls shown in his lackluster 2.7 FTA per game. In short, a good area dribbler capable of creating space for the jumper or driving out of the triple threat with his initial burst, but wouldn’t hurt to be more assertive and create more in isolation off the dribble with his skill set.
                            http://swishscout.com/?page_id=7831

Comment

Watching the Ross ball handling video makes me think that TR is a turnover waiting to happen. Nice looking jumper in that video.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                                Remember that DeRozan was pegged as a good defender as well when we drafted him [...]
                                Not exactly what I remember, so I checked his profile at draftexpress. It says under strengths 'commitment to playing defense', but under weaknesses 'defensive awareness' and 'defensive fundamentals'...

Comment

Working...
                                X