X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Nash is an excellent businessman. He works hard at his off-court enterprises. Think about what you just said. No one with any business sense is going to turn away from $25 million just so they get their name to be an afterthought on the NBA Championship trophy. Nash is already going down in the history books as one of the greatest point guards of all-time. A two time MVP. An unheralded player from a nothing college who reached the highest pinnacle of personal achievement possible for an NBA player. Nash doesn't NEED a championship to know in his own mind, and to be known in everyone else's mind as one of the greatest players in NBA history. Oh, and there's one other reason not to go to Miami or OKC.

$25 million
    agreed..

also.. nash said himself that he doesnt want to be a ring chaser..that he enjoys the challange of team building & the chemestry building involved with that.. i think nash deep down believes that forming these big3 super teams is the pussy way out..& that all the players (LBJ,CB4,Melo) who have done this are pussy's..LOL IMO..

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
    Well, he just made Hundreds of millions of dollars, so he might be willing to just take whatever Miami has to offer him.....
    Nash is an excellent businessman. He works hard at his off-court enterprises. Think about what you just said. No one with any business sense is going to turn away from $25 million just so they get their name to be an afterthought on the NBA Championship trophy. Nash is already going down in the history books as one of the greatest point guards of all-time. A two time MVP. An unheralded player from a nothing college who reached the highest pinnacle of personal achievement possible for an NBA player. Nash doesn't NEED a championship to know in his own mind, and to be known in everyone else's mind as one of the greatest players in NBA history. Oh, and there's one other reason not to go to Miami or OKC.

$25 million

Leave a comment:

• oldmanweldon
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    He's stated that money is important, and that he couldn't even bring himself to put on a Lakers jersey, so I don't think his feelings towards Miami are any different.
    Well, he just made Hundreds of millions of dollars, so he might be willing to just take whatever Miami has to offer him. And if he said that about the Lakers, I imagine it's because he's played them so much he has some animosity towards them.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
    I kind of hope Nash doesn't sign with Toronto, only because I'd like to see him go to a serious contender. I'd love to see him play in Canada in theory, but even more I'd like to at least see him play in an NBA finals.
    Be realistic. Unless he goes to OKC or Miami, he is not playing in the NBA finals before he retires. He'd have to give up $25 million to go to Miami, and he'd be the 4th wheel. He's stated that money is important, and that he couldn't even bring himself to put on a Lakers jersey, so I don't think his feelings towards Miami are any different.
    If he goes to the Knicks he will lose all the money, plus he will be on a team with no shot of a championship. Raptors with Nash can contend with NY as currently constructed.

Leave a comment:

• oldmanweldon
    replied
    I kind of hope Nash doesn't sign with Toronto, only because I'd like to see him go to a serious contender. I'd love to see him play in Canada in theory, but even more I'd like to at least see him play in an NBA finals.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If Nash does decide on Toronto, I'm starting to think that Phoenix may actually prefer trading for Calderon, instead of Bayless. Calderon is a calm, veteran floor general, who plays the same style of game that Marshall does. It makes sense for Marshall to mentor behind Calderon for a season, after which Phoenix could conceivably re-sign Calderon to a much smaller contract to become Marshall's veteran backup.

If that were to become the case, it would allow Toronto to make a salary-neutral trade, leaving their maximum amount of cap space (up to ~$12M) in tact for other deals to be made.
    id think thed be all over it, they never wanted to sign nash for a multi year deal, it was never about the amount for them..Calderon would be off there books after next season & fills a big need for them going forward next season without nash. unless theyre planning on wooing aaron brooks back to the desert i doubt they think marshall will be starting

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    If Nash does decide on Toronto, I'm starting to think that Phoenix may actually prefer trading for Calderon, instead of Bayless. Calderon is a calm, veteran floor general, who plays the same style of game that Marshall does. It makes sense for Marshall to mentor behind Calderon for a season, after which Phoenix could conceivably re-sign Calderon to a much smaller contract to become Marshall's veteran backup.

If that were to become the case, it would allow Toronto to make a salary-neutral trade, leaving their maximum amount of cap space (up to ~$12M) in tact for other deals to be made. If Nash were to sign 3r/$30M, trading Calderon for Nash would actually save Toronto $0.5M next season.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jun 29, 2012, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CT2010
    replied
    Jaworski wrote: View Post
    you know who we don't need as our starting SF, Kirilenko. Not after that facial.

Leave a comment:

• CT2010
    replied
    Craiger wrote: View Post
    I highly doubt Phoenix was expecting him to return so that must have wayed in on the decision. Even if he does, its not like a rookie was going to have a big impact on that team anyways. Plus having one of the best pass first PGs the NCAA has ever seen stepping in and playing behind Nash, and the short career he has left, wouldn't be a bad thing.

While I like Nash, I really like that Phoenix isn't allowing Nash's desires to dictate their decisions. Nash isn't going to be around forever, and the best interest of the team should always be paramount to the best interest of a player... even someone as respectable as Nash.
    According to a Phoenix newspaper Ross was their guy at 13 until the Raptors took him and that forced them to re-evaluate.

Leave a comment:

• charlz
    replied
    Suns are likely at the bottom of the rebuilding pool.

If Deron williams walks from NETS they may crawl under neath them.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Yes. I noticed on ESPN last night that Phoenix had tendered him a qualifying offer, making him a restricted free agent.
    thought so... i guess there covered now if & when Nash walks.. assuming of course Brooks even suits up for them again..

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    correct me if im wrong but doesnt the Suns still own the rights to aaron brooks aswell???
    Yes. I noticed on ESPN last night that Phoenix had tendered him a qualifying offer, making him a restricted free agent.

Leave a comment:

• DoNDaDDa
    replied
    correct me if im wrong but doesnt the Suns still own the rights to aaron brooks aswell???

Leave a comment:

• Jaworski
    replied
    Valanciunas dunks on Kirilenko

Leave a comment:

• Craiger
    replied
    I highly doubt Phoenix was expecting him to return so that must have wayed in on the decision. Even if he does, its not like a rookie was going to have a big impact on that team anyways. Plus having one of the best pass first PGs the NCAA has ever seen stepping in and playing behind Nash, and the short career he has left, wouldn't be a bad thing.

While I like Nash, I really like that Phoenix isn't allowing Nash's desires to dictate their decisions. Nash isn't going to be around forever, and the best interest of the team should always be paramount to the best interest of a player... even someone as respectable as Nash.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X