X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
    I think its safe to say we want some goddamn moves!
    I'm pretty sure BC is going to oblige. All I will say is: be careful what you wish for....

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
    I think that's been a safe assumption since the lockout! Now lets hope BC can deliver some moves that we all agree on! hehe as if

Leave a comment:

• TheR3dMenace
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    DaveKim wrote: View Post
    This has to be big news. Highly touted in high school and college. Was suppose to be the next best 2 guard after kobe. Played well his rookie and sophmore seasons but then move to bench and subsequent trades (albeit failed attempts to indiana and possibly others) seen his production decrease. Had solid post season last year, this year, not so much.

I really hope he strongly considered in Toronto. I mean a 2 guard with size and ability to create for himself is a dream come true.

I see Indiana as front runners for OJ mayo though. THey have been chasing him for years and now a FA, dont need Eric Gordon when you can get OJ mayo
    Very interesting! I'm sure lots of teams will be after him, especially the Celtics. I've been high on him for some time, as he seems to have everything that we want DD to have (killer instinct, driving, 3pt shot).

At the end of the season he mentioned that he thought he could play some PG. I would be excited to bring him in as the backup PG to Nash! He could spend some time at SG as well, which could work, since DD could spend some time at SF (and you know BC loves players that can play multiple positions). If the Raptors signed Machado or re-signed Uzoh to stay on as a 3rd string pure PG, I'd really warm up to Mayo in a combo role getting big minutes.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Chandler for Amir. Boom. Done.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    TEAM NEEDS:

Starters.

The Raptors are no closer to having legit starters than they were 2 days ago.

Think of how many games Toronto ended up down only to fight back?

The 2nd unit is strong and I think the addition of Ross makes them stronger. But the problem is not the 2nd unit.

BC: Get me some starters!

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Just to keep this focused....Nash signing or not signing won't be an event in the next 48 hours. Just waiting to see if we do anything with our head start (to hit the ground running)

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    With the nuggets taking 2 wings in the draft id say Chandler is a very real possibility

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Here are star SF that we could target:

Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, Luol Deng, Andre Iguodala, Danny Granger, Wilson Chanldler, Danilo Gallinari...

I think that the best we could do right now is trading Calderon, Ed and JJ to the Hawks for Josh Smith. Grizzlies won't never let go Gay and Smith is really on the block right now. So I really think we should go after Josh Smith, who's a good scorer, a team player and a great defender.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    i dunno if you heard but we drafted a 2 guard named terrence ross

Leave a comment:

• DaveKim
    replied
    Oj mayo a free agent

This has to be big news. Highly touted in high school and college. Was suppose to be the next best 2 guard after kobe. Played well his rookie and sophmore seasons but then move to bench and subsequent trades (albeit failed attempts to indiana and possibly others) seen his production decrease. Had solid post season last year, this year, not so much.

I really hope he strongly considered in Toronto. I mean a 2 guard with size and ability to create for himself is a dream come true.

I see Indiana as front runners for OJ mayo though. THey have been chasing him for years and now a FA, dont need Eric Gordon when you can get OJ mayo

Leave a comment:

• mattscottnelson
    replied
    The Nash signing is a chip to bring in an athletic SF (Mayo or Batum) as much as it's about tickets and excitement...they've seen what Nash has done to other players' numbers - it's enticing.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    stretch wrote: View Post
    This Nash deal is a big sideways step as Stan van Gundy pointed out on ESPN last night that Nash was another point guard like Calderon that had trouble guarding on the ball. The move, if it happens, is transparent enough aimed at ticket sales. I get that, after all NBA basketball is business. Perhaps a trade involving Calderon will produce a useful body. I still prefer Calderon for the Raptors' pg for the foreseeable future.
    I agree that it's a sideways step. Or perhaps a step 15 degrees up ;-)

1) Nash and Calderon both likely have 2-3 good years left in them, as starters to run a team; both guys are quality character guys that would be great mentors for young PG to learn from --> I think Nash is a bit better overall, so it would be a slight upgrade to swap Calderon for Nash as the Raptors starter.

2) If the Raptors could do a deal with Phoenix to send Bayless & 2013 2nd round pick for Nash, Toronto would essentially be getting Nash without having to give up any primary assets.

3) If Calderon is used in a subsequent deal to acquire anything positive, then it makes the acquisition of Nash a no-brainer. From a salary perspective, they'd likely both be making roughly $10M next year; it becomes a comparison of Calderon + nothing VS Nash + whatever is gained in a Calderon trade. It's a win-win as far as asset management is concerned.

I could see Calderon drawing interest from several teams. Chicago may still want a veteran to team with Teague next season, while Rose is out. Utah wants an upgrade (and could absorb Calderon into their TPE). Portland may even want a veteran to team with Lillard for a year. He's a veteran PG, high assist-turnover ratio, makes players around him better, doesn't demand the ball, is a great lockerroom/community guy and is on an expiring contract. I'm certain he could be traded

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    This Nash deal is a big sideways step as Stan van Gundy pointed out on ESPN last night that Nash was another point guard like Calderon that had trouble guarding on the ball. The move, if it happens, is transparent enough aimed at ticket sales. I get that, after all NBA basketball is business. Perhaps a trade involving Calderon will produce a useful body. I still prefer Calderon for the Raptors' pg for the foreseeable future.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    UNDER CONTRACT
    C: Valanciunas
    PF: Bargnani, Amir, Davis, Acy
    SF: JJ, Kleiza
    SG: DeRozan, Ross, Forbes
    PG: Calderon

TEAM NEEDS
    - backup C
    - starting SF
    - backup PG

TRADEABLE ASSETS
    - Amir or Davis
    - JJ
    - Forbes
    - Calderon
    - possibly even DeRozan
    - Weems (S&T)
    - Bayless (S&T)
    - Alabi (team option)
    - Zubcic (rights to #56 pick)
    - 2013 1st round pick
    - 2013 2nd round pick
    - $7.6M TPE
    - MLE
    - Veteran Exception
    - about $12M cap space (if all RFAs were renounced or traded away)

I think BC's offseason team makeover is only getting started now that the draft is over! I will reserve my judgement until training camp begins, to look at the entire offseason as a whole. Needless to say, BC has LOTS of options, flexibility and assets at his disposal!
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jun 29, 2012, 01:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X