Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONFIRMED: Qualifying offers sent to Bayless and Weems

Eric Smith ‏@Eric__Smith

Colangelo just confirmed that within moments he'll be extending qualifying offers to Jerryd Bayless and Sonny Weems. #Raptors #SN590

On a side note:

Eric Smith ‏@Eric__Smith

Colangelo said Alabi will not be given a qualifying offer. Thus he'll be a UFA. Said Alabi may still join the #Raptors summer league squad

Comment

ugh
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Weems? WEEMS?! What the f*ck!

Comment

Can one of our cap experts confirm the implications of this? I believe it leaves enough room for Nash but what about another FA or trade? Does this make amnestying Calderon more likely?

Comment

Relax we are likely qualifying him so we can get something back for him...same with Bayless
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Nash will likely be a sign and trade. He won't want Phoenix to get nothing for him
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Weem's? Wtf why the hell did your ass draft Ross then? Unless Ross is playing the 3 and weem's is backing up his boi.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  Relax we are likely qualifying him so we can get something back for him...same with Bayless
                  Agreed, you don't just give away assets. I am curious about what the cap holds do in the interim.

Comment

Weems is in demand, we qualified him so that we don't pooched. He's not in our plans, he has said he doesn't want to be, so I can't imagine taking back an unhappy player who doesn't want to play here. It's all good.
                    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      Agreed, you don't just give away assets. I am curious about what the cap holds do in the interim.
                      Bayless' qualifying offer was just under $4.2M and I'm not sure what Weems' was (significantly less I'm sure, since it's based on previous salary). They can still be renounced at any time, if the cap space their qualifying offers eat up is required for another move to be made.

I expect Weems to be traded for a 2nd round pick, or with Bayless to Phoenix for Nash. The source is my gut, though I pulled it from another area completely... just speculation.

Comment

Dang! Other than Ross, Jonas and Acy coming in, we're still looking like the same team we had for the past too years with just better defence. Hopefully Colangelo makes some REALLY good moves, so we can finally make some noise in the league.

Comment

This doesn't mean Colangelo wants either of them and it doesn't mean he will sign them. All this does is protect his assets. Colangelo will now have the right to match.

Comment

According to Larry Coon's chat today on ESPN, Toronto could deal Bayless in a S&T, but not Weems. Apparently there is a rule change in the new CBA that says a player must actually play for the team during the previous season, in order to be able to S&T them away. Weems is an RFA, but we can't S&T him. I hope BC isn't planning on keeping Weems next season.

Article Link: http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-salary...rry-coon-62912

JB: Larry, because Jeff Green was technically not on the Celtics’ roster last season, are they unable to sign-and-trade him?

Larry Coon: Correct. One of the new rules is that teams can only do a sign-and-trade with a player that was on their roster the previous season. By the way, the same thing goes for Phoenix with Aaron Brooks, and Utah for AK-47.

Comment

I'd roll with Alan Anderson over Weems

edit: this really makes no sense to me
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X