Aaron Gray a UFA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it falls under the bolded section

NON-BIRD EXCEPTION -- This is also a component of the Veteran Free Agent exception. Its name is somewhat of a misnomer, since Non-Bird really is a form of Bird rights. Players who qualify for this exception are called "Non-Qualifying Veteran Free Agents" in the CBA. They are veteran free agents who are neither Qualifying Veteran Free Agents nor Early Qualifying Veteran Free Agents, and include the following:

Players who finished the season with a given team, who have played no more than one season without being waived or changing teams as a free agent.
    Players who were Early Bird free agents, but whose team renounced its right to use the Early Bird exception to re-sign the player.
    Players who were to be Larry Bird or Early Bird free agents, were playing on one-year contracts, and were traded mid-season.
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

The Exceptions table from Q#25 linked above is a little more clearer
    Last edited by jbml; Mon Jul 2, 2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
      I believe it falls under the bolded section

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

The Exceptions table from Q#25 linked above is a little more clearer
      Like I said, I did misuse the term of Bird Rights however the Raptors can sign him going over the salary cap without the use of any exception as long as they do not renounce his caphold to sign another free agent.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
        holy smokes dude Matt52 knows his stuff (y)
        thx

I hope the price is right and they keep him. He is not going to draw any attention on the offensive end but he is a tough SOB in the paint... very annoying to play against, and legit 7 footer.
        I don't know it all. See comments below.

I did misuse the term Bird Rights. What I meant was the Raps can sign him going over the cap without having to use an exception so long as they do not renounce his caphold in an effort to sign another free agent.

Now I'm 98% certain on this. If someone has a link to the contrary, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
        X