Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knicks & Cavs after Weems?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Knicks & Cavs after Weems?

    Cleveland, New York have shown interest in Raptors' restricted free agent Sonny Weems, sources say.
    Source: Twitter @Chris_Broussard

    Come on Knicks, help us out here on this one. Poison pill Colangelo right out of revisiting the dumb idea of bringing back Weems to make poor decisions with the basketball. He'll be perfect next to Lin.

  • #2
    Any chance of a S&T?

    Comment


    • #3
      I mentioned it elsewhere... I'm starting to think BCs QO to Sonny is just a ploy to tie up even more of NYs nash-cash

      Comment


      • #4
        I think Sonny Weems might have improved, with his Kobe mini afro, he might channel some inner talent and finally be a solid bench player, just not with the Raptors I hope.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Issuing a QO to a player of interest to other teams is just good business ... now the Raptors will have options with regards to S&T or matching offers on an asset of theirs - even it Sonny isn't in the planned rotation.

          I AM still curious if the QO to Bayless was the same effect, or if he is more in the plans for next season.
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

          Comment


          • #6
            Apollo wrote: View Post
            Source: Twitter @Chris_Broussard

            Come on Knicks, help us out here on this one. Poison pill Colangelo right out of revisiting the dumb idea of bringing back Weems to make poor decisions with the basketball. He'll be perfect next to Lin.
            I don't think Weems will be back. He publicly stated so and BC knows enough to not sign players that do not want to come or stay in this case.

            “Toronto is not my team,” Weems offers. “They don’t mention me in their future plans or anything like that...I’m just not focused on Toronto because you read articles about the team and my name never comes up.”

            http://www.thecheapseats.ca/2012/02/...o-toronto.html

            Comment


            • #7
              The irony here is some would say weems' upside is better than that of Fields.

              He is a better athlete than Fields but not as stable.
              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

              Comment


              • #8
                That doesn't imply he doesn't want to play in Toronto. That quote was from last Feb. Weems had come to terms with the fact the Raptors weren't bringing him back that year. You can't take something out of context from February.

                Comment


                • #9
                  charlz wrote: View Post
                  The irony here is some would say weems' upside is better than that of Fields.

                  He is a better athlete than Fields but not as stable.
                  He is a Stanford graduate. I don't have any statistics to back this up, nor can I be arsed to look for them. But I have a feeling that the more intelligent a person is the longer they can play in the NBA....see Grant Hill - Steve Nash etc...
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Apollo wrote: View Post
                    That doesn't imply he doesn't want to play in Toronto. That quote was from last Feb. Weems had come to terms with the fact the Raptors weren't bringing him back that year. You can't take something out of context from February.
                    I can and I will. That quote has spurned lover written all over it. You signed a year contract without an out clause...of course they are not going to plan around you
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      charlz wrote: View Post
                      The irony here is some would say weems' upside is better than that of Fields.

                      He is a better athlete than Fields but not as stable.
                      Not that I agree with that idea but even if Weems' upside was greater, he's so far behind that he won't catch up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        thead wrote: View Post
                        I can and I will. That quote has spurned lover written all over it. You signed a year contract without an out clause...of course they are not going to plan around you
                        I didn't read it like that at all.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Who's Sonny Weems?
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            Who's Sonny Weems?
                            You shouldn't care to know. :P
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X