Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things Dumb Raptors Fans Say That Drive You Nuts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    My all time least favorite: "we should amnesty Bargnani"

    Runner up: "Colangelo screwed up the tank"

    Comment


    • #62
      "Rasual Butler will bring in much needed veteran leadership"
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

      Comment


      • #63
        e2thed wrote: View Post
        "Rasual Butler will bring in much needed veteran leadership"
        Ha, +1

        Comment


        • #64
          e2thed wrote: View Post
          "Rasual Butler will bring in much needed veteran leadership"
          lol, this isn't something fans said, it's what Casey and Colangelo said.

          Speaking of which, dumb things those 2 say would be quite an entertaining thread.

          Comment


          • #65
            Nilanka wrote: View Post
            lol, this isn't something fans said, it's what Casey and Colangelo said.

            Speaking of which, dumb things those 2 say would be quite an entertaining thread.
            Remember this? "Rasual Butler is the best inbound passer we have"
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

            Comment


            • #66
              Every combination of Calderon + NBA Level + Player/PG/Starter/Backup/Dishwasher

              Comment


              • #67
                theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                Remember this? "Rasual Butler is the best inbound passer we have"
                haha. i loved casey saying

                "one of these days rasual is going to hit that shot"

                haha

                Comment


                • #68
                  Projecting after the first game next season, situation: Val doesn't get 10-10..

                  "BUST!" "Fire BC" "Shouldn't have picked a EURO!"
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Among the stupid things I said:

                    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    And in spite of all the critique he is receiving here Butler will probably start trending his 3pt% towards his career mean pretty soon ...

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      sportsfan929 wrote: View Post
                      if you don't think Bosh was a legitimate franchise piece then i don't know what you are hoping for. In my mind a franchise piece does not have to be a KD or a LBJ. what do you think about Pau Gasol, Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, or any other of the NBA wingmen? They are vital pieces to a winning franchises, therefore a franchise piece. i admit that chris bosh isn't a player to build a team AROUND, but he certainly is a great player to have while building a team.
                      None of the players you mentioned have been built around as their team's franchise player though.

                      Gasol was Kobe's wingman.
                      Westbrook is Durant's wingman.
                      Parker was Duncan's wingman.
                      Bosh was Wade & LBJ's wingman.

                      Bosh was a great player for the Raptors, but will never be the #1 talent on a championship contender and should never have been built around and/or offered max money. He could have been built with, but not built around. BC tried to sell him to the public and fans as a #1 option and franchise player (don't confuse with him being the face of the franchise, that's just PR), so he did try to build around Bosh and look how well that turned out... we're only now emerging from that fiasco.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        lol this is the most passive aggressive circle jerk of all time

                        but still entertaining

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          Among the stupid things I said:
                          Ya you really need to stop writing like it's a first year essay.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            None of the players you mentioned have been built around as their team's franchise player though.

                            Gasol was Kobe's wingman.
                            Westbrook is Durant's wingman.
                            Parker was Duncan's wingman.
                            Bosh was Wade & LBJ's wingman.

                            Bosh was a great player for the Raptors, but will never be the #1 talent on a championship contender and should never have been built around and/or offered max money. He could have been built with, but not built around. BC tried to sell him to the public and fans as a #1 option and franchise player (don't confuse with him being the face of the franchise, that's just PR), so he did try to build around Bosh and look how well that turned out... we're only now emerging from that fiasco.
                            Name one player in NBA history who won as a solo star?
                            and more importantly name one in the last 30 years.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Letter N wrote: View Post
                              Name one player in NBA history who won as a solo star?
                              and more importantly name one in the last 30 years.
                              Now we're getting quite off topic. I never said one player alone could win a championship. I said Bosh was not and still is not a #1 option. Gasol made a great tandem with Kobe and is a fantastic player, but I don't think he'd win a championship being a #1 option either.

                              I would have been happy if Bosh had accepted the fact that Toronto needed to bring in a true #1 to allow him to become #2, then I think BC would have taken a completely different approach and could have built a team that would have enjoyed sustainable success. I had nothing against Bosh, I just hated the sales pitch (and subsequent comments from fans, hence my comment in this thread) of trying to sell Bosh as a legit #1. He's a great wingman to make a successful pairing, but he's not the #1 guy.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Bayless should start over Calderon.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X