No announcement yet.

Plan B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah and there's a lot of teams that don't have the issue signing free agents that the raptors have
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Um, not to ruin your dreams but Nash is Plan B, and Plan C, and probably Plan D as well.

Comment

So what is the go-to excuse when this summer ends in disaster and we miss the playoffs again? Come on, we've had for every year for 4 straight seasons... gotta be something good this year. My nominations:

"Nash turned his back on this country!"

"We got screwed by the G-State tie-break for the Barnes pick!"

"Fields turned into a terrible player only after we signed him!"

"Ownership put too much win-now pressure on BC and forced some bad moves. They need to stop meddling!"

"American NBA players are stupid for not wanting to play in Toronto" (bonus points for being partially racist)

my personal fave... "Hey, it's not easy to be a GM!"

We'll keep nominations open... feel free to add your own.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          Um, not to ruin your dreams but Nash is Plan B, and Plan C, and probably Plan D as well.
          I totally disagree with you. It's not like the RAPS are as much money as many other teams are? Nash going to Dallas or New York will not mean that they are going to win a Championship by the time he retires. Like I said earlier, if he comes to Canada he will own Canada> As of now, a lot of people in Canada will turn his back on him when he does retire. And no one will really want to play for the Canadian team because how can you play and look up to someone who you don't respect?

Nash is truly showing his true colors and it't not Red and White, it's Red White and Blue.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
            So what is the go-to excuse when this summer ends in disaster and we miss the playoffs again? Come on, we've had for every year for 4 straight seasons... gotta be something good this year. My nominations:

"Nash turned his back on this country!"

"We got screwed by the G-State tie-break for the Barnes pick!"

"Fields turned into a terrible player only after we signed him!"

"Ownership put too much win-now pressure on BC and forced some bad moves. They need to stop meddling!"

"American NBA players are stupid for not wanting to play in Toronto" (bonus points for being partially racist)

my personal fave... "Hey, it's not easy to be a GM!"

We'll keep nominations open... feel free to add your own.
            " Ameicans hates paying taxes!!!"

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
              We could also ride with Calderon through this year, and then next year go after an RFA like Lawson, Jennings, Holliday, Collison, Maynor, etc. (Not saying that's a good Plan B, just one of the options).
              Agreed. No problem with Calderon carrying on with the Raps. Would rather have Jose running the show than Dragic or Lowry. At least we know what we're getting with Jose. Gotta feeling he's going to have a career season no matter where he plays. If no Nash...hopefully it's still Jose in T.O.

Comment

Plan B: Tank like we've never tanked before
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

the best route at this point is probably roll with Jose and target a guy like Holliday next year who the sixers have already said they won't offer a big contract to. problem with that is Jose is playing in the olympics this year and we all know how thats going to end up...
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Plan B: Tank like we've never tanked before
                    Draft Express says we can get Adonis Thomas with the 8th pick next year. And he's a SF!!

Things are looking up already.

Comment

the best route at this point is probably roll with Jose and target a guy like Holliday next year who the sixers have already said they won't offer a big contract to. problem with that is Jose is playing in the olympics this year and we all know how thats going to end up...
                      if jose has a big 1st half of the season...alot of teams will be interested since he is an expiring...its hard to be optimistic right now fuck but i think you have to stick with jose, lin and dragic is not worth it

Comment

Prediction on Nash. He signs with New York so show Canada that he cannot be treated like a whore. He gets hurt mid season and career is over and we all say, "WOW, GLAD IT WASN'T US!" lol Enough about Nash now. He is playing us for a joke!

Comment

Plan A: Nash

Plan B: Goran Dragic

Plan C: Jeremy Lin

Plan D: Jose Calderon

... You know if Nash bolt, they'll at least make an attempt to have the other FA PG's in for a chat.

edit: For the record, I don't think B or C are huge Jose upgrades, just younger and would be locked in for longer.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Christ this thing was/is just so emotional though. We're so flipant it's actually crazy. We're crazy! I think it's amazing how we've lost all perspective on everything regarding the Raps. Losing out on Nash does suck because he would have given us some legitimacy, but does it ruin us, no, not really. Will we have to overpay players to be here, yes. Not because of Canada, because we're an unsuccessful small market team.
                            In all this though, it shows just how damned much we love ball. Every year I try to distance myself from the Raps, convinced that I'm tired of the re-building, the new systems, coaches, and mid level picks and players...but I can't. Because I love it. All is makes me want to do is pay $19 for a beer in the cheap seats, spread peanut shells all over the place, and watch the rook dunk on the opposition in a losing but valiant effort.

Go Raps!
                            i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

this is exactly why we should be building through the draft and not putting all our eggs in one basket
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ceez, let's be honest. There is no Plan B. I'm not even sure there was a Plan A beyond signing Nash. I think Nash figured that out, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X