• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so its looking like dragic now apparently
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      We could also ride with Calderon through this year, and then next year go after an RFA like Lawson, Jennings, Holliday, Collison, Maynor, etc. (Not saying that's a good Plan B, just one of the options).
      Lawson would be awesome, but no way Denver lets him get away.
      Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

• I think Lawson's kind of overrated, personally. Dudes a average if not mediocre shooter.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Gotta be kidding me. Dragic agrees to 4 year 34 million with suns. Looks like Raps aren't getting him. Also side note on Lawson, he's actually a great shooter. He was the main reason they pushed a much better LA team to 7 games

Comment

• Dragic to suns, still have a chance with lowry because huston is offering Lin a backloaded contract and will not match the raps offer for fields. This is starting to look like a clusterfuck of hoping and dreaming of who the raps can get in the FA market.

Comment

• It sucks to be a Toronto Raptor fan. All the hype, talk and speculation means nothing right about now.

Fields as our FA acquisition? Please ....
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• BC emphasized on trades in interviews, so hopefully he's got something brewin'

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                  BC emphasized on trades in interviews, so hopefully he's got something brewin'
                  If something isn't brewing at the moment, it will be soon. We have too many SFs (Fields, Johnson, Kleiza), and too many PFs (Davis, Amir, Acy).

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    If something isn't brewing at the moment, it will be soon. We have too many SFs (Fields, Johnson, Kleiza), and too many PFs (Davis, Amir, Acy).
                    Agreed. I hate logjams, even though some would argue it's called great depth. I call it good trade pieces

Comment

BC emphasized on trades in interviews, so hopefully he's got something brewin'
                      I'm hoping the same thing. None are seeming like obvious moves to me ... but BC often surprises.

There are still some FA options: Chauncey, Louis Williams, Sessions, Heinrich, Felton ... Not overly tantalizing - still options.

And possible trade options:
                      -Collison is playing behind a well-paid George Hill in Indy.
                      -Tyreke may be shown the door, cleaning house for the Cousins-TRob era, with Thomas and Thornton in the backcourt.
                      -Augustin to play with Kemba in Charlotte?
                      -Stuckey going to stay and play SG in Detroit?

I'd love to see Jose and Bayless play the dynamic duo, but history hasn't shown a lot of success ... Goooo Jonas!
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• New York said theyd match any Lin offer because they'd make double just in jersey sales. Which means Houston's gonna wanna keep Lowry. I'm fine with keeping Jose and bayless at point for another year. Maybe we'll start doing what we should've from the start and look for a SF first

Comment

• I realize that Lou Williams is not a traditional point guard but he is an outstanding offensive player and scorer. He has a great shot fake, draws a huge amount of fouls and can seemingly get to the basket at will. I actually feel that he's a bit undervalued right now. His A/TO ratio isn't that bad and he can defend quicker PGs. I really like his game and he's an upgrade over Bayless.

Comment

Agreed. I hate logjams, even though some would argue it's called great depth. I call it good trade pieces
                            Depth is good when there is a clear pecking order. But since our guys aren't clearly better than anyone else, it just creates a mess of uncertainty.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Depth is good when there is a clear pecking order. But since our guys aren't clearly better than anyone else, it just creates a mess of uncertainty.
                              My preference would be to say goodbye to Johnson & Johnson.

If we are indeed stuck with Fields (defense/slasher), I think Kleiza (outside shooter/post up) is the better compliment at SF, not to mention the connection to Valanciunas.

I assume Davis is the more tradeable asset, especially given all the talk from BC/DC, but between the Fields contract and the liklihood of at least one more big contract being added, I'd much prefer to dump Amir and his fat contract. I still believe in Davis' potential to become a better all around player than Amir, as well.

Go with Bargnani/Davis and Fields/Kleiza, with Acy as 3rd option at both forward spots. This is all barring any subsequent moves/additions at the PF/SF spots, of course.

Comment

• I could see Casey trusting his backup PF minutes to Acy over Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X