Next up the center position.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next up the center position.

After making moves, for 1,2,3 spot. The next objective is to address the starting 5 spot. I think big Val still doesn't have the strength to start for our team right away, so we need someone for him to team up with.

Is it a matter of us just resigning, Aaron Gray? Or do we maybe look at someone like Chris Kaman?

Or maybe Al Jefferson?
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Big Val is going to be perpetually in foul trouble as a rookie, if not longer, so you'll need one that can play solid minutes. Judging by the way Lowry likes to get up and down the floor you'll need one good in transition, too.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Given the hype/hope around Valanciunas, I doubt any big investment will be made at the C spot. I say let JV start and play 24-32 minutes per night. The combination of whichever of Amir/Davis is still here and Gray can play the rest.

Comment

i really like Stiemsma and think he'd be a good fit. relatively cheap, too.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think Davis might be the stop gap given our roster versatility. He can slide over to the 5, Kleiza can slide over the 4 etc....

We don't really need a backup C....we do need a goon who can get 6 fouls for us though....Magloire makes sense
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

actually scratch that Aaron Gray makes the most sense. Big body spot minutes can hammer people.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Without any additional roster moves, I see the 2nd unit shaping up like this:

Standard Lineup: Amir, Davis, JJ/Kleiza, Ross, Calderon
              Bigger Lineup (against true C): Gray, Amir/Davis, JJ/Kleiza, Ross, Calderon
              Street Clothes: Acy, Magloire (3rd C), Uzoh (3rd PG)

I really think some other moves will be made to clearup the PF (Amir/Davis), wing (JJ) and PG (Calderon and/or Bayless) logjams.

Comment

Also, Utah doesn't have a starting PG, so they might be a good destination for Calderon.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                  Also, Utah doesn't have a starting PG, so they might be a good destination for Calderon.
                  They just got their hands on Mo Williams

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                    They just got their hands on Mo Williams
                    Heh, I still thought of him as a shooting guard. He could play well with Calderon though.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                      Heh, I still thought of him as a shooting guard. He could play well with Calderon though.
                      he barely accepted the 6th man role on the Clippers.

He wants to run the show.

Comment

Prizbilla or Oden

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                          Prizbilla or Oden
                          Przybilla is apparently leaning towards retirement (sorry no link, but I read that a few days ago). Oden is too much of an injury risk, but will still likely get picked up and overpaid, given the risk.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            Prizbilla or Oden
                            I was actually thinking Oden, but I don't think he'll want to come here. There are more enticing teams he could go to.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Big Val is going to be perpetually in foul trouble as a rookie, if not longer, so you'll need one that can play solid minutes. Judging by the way Lowry likes to get up and down the floor you'll need one good in transition, too.
                              Amir?

Comment

Working...
                              X