Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draftedraptor
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Plus you have to giveup something of real value to get a legit all-star.
    How about Magloire as our legit all-star? Screw this trade and stick with our young talent. Demar is someone we have spent time developing and I don't want to give up on him just yet.

Again, I don't think this is bad trade at all. I like Iggy but somehow this trade reminds me of Turk saga.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I did read that Philly was looking at moving Holiday to SG and pursuing a PG. Don't remember where I read that.
    I assume this deal would change their minds.

PF - Brand, Davis, Moultrie
    SF - Young, Harkless
    SG - DeRozan, Evans
    PG - Holiday, Calderon

Unless they start DeRozan at SF and go with DD/Evans/Holiday

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I did read that Philly was looking at moving Holiday to SG and pursuing a PG. Don't remember where I read that.
    Isn't holiday asking for a max contract? Can they even afford to keep him? Maybe getting calderon is finding a replacement for him.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    e2thed wrote: View Post
    Do the damn trade, we need to get all the losers out of town. When I mean losers I mean players who have been functioning in a loser culture and not adjusting well with the new coach.

Calderon, DeMar, JJ, Davis all of them for Iggy and Vucecic do the damn deal BC.
    Demar has too much upside, and Calderon had one of his best seasons as a raptor with Casey...

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Philly doesn't need 2 backup PG (behind Holiday) and they don't need JJ for SF (they have Young and Harkless).

DeRozan is tough to giveup, but he is easily expendable now after the draft (Ross), signing Fields and now trading for Iggy. They'd still even have Kleiza and JJ, so one would think another player would likely wind up being dealt away.

Plus you have to giveup something of real value to get a legit all-star. Davis and Calderon are basically backups at this point, so I think it is fair (hard yes, but fair) to include DeRozan.
    If so, no to Iguodala. BC is very capable of pulling this off, but since we'd have to give up on Derozan, who many people believed he will be better than Iguodala when he was first drafted, I don't wanna have him. Like many have said already, Iguodala will soon be on the decline, anyways, JJ is a poor-mans Iguodala, so what's the point? JJ is younger as well.

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    Do the damn trade, we need to get all the losers out of town. When I mean losers I mean players who have been functioning in a loser culture and not adjusting well with the new coach.

Calderon, DeMar, JJ, Davis all of them for Iggy and Vucecic do the damn deal BC.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Philly doesn't need 2 backup PG (behind Holiday) and they don't need JJ for SF (they have Young and Harkless).

DeRozan is tough to giveup, but he is easily expendable now after the draft (Ross), signing Fields and now trading for Iggy. They'd still even have Kleiza and JJ, so one would think another player would likely wind up being dealt away.

Plus you have to giveup something of real value to get a legit all-star. Davis and Calderon are basically backups at this point, so I think it is fair (hard yes, but fair) to include DeRozan.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    tucas wrote: View Post
    I heard they're going for Flynn or bayless, whoever turns out cheaper
    Flynn is who I was hoping for. I would love to see Bayless and JJ packed in a trade for a 1st round pick, or a couple 2nd round picks, after this deal.

C: Valanciunas, Vucevic, Gray/Magloire
    PF: Bargnani, Amir, Acy
    SF: Iggy, Kleiza
    SG: Fields, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Flynn, Uzoh

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I'm skeptical on this until my twitter feed blows up - again.

At first look, I like it but that is due to my frustrations with DD - that throwing the basketball the length of the court move still really irks me, oh yeah, and elements of game too.

On the plus side:
    AI can do all the things we've always wish DD could do: rebound, defend, shoot, create, pass.

On the down side:
    DD is younger, cheaper, AI is VERY expensive, DD might actually break out.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    If we can sub in JJ + Ed + Calderon + Bayless? For Iggy and Vuvejic? I don't wan't anything to do with trading Demar Derozan, too much upside.

Leave a comment:

• draftedraptor
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    If we can sub in JJ + Ed + Calderon + Bayless? For Iggy and Vuvejic? I don't wan't anything to do with trading Demar Derozan, too much upside.
    +1

There is no way I am giving up on him on his current contract till Casey had enough time to work with him.

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    I really want to see the Lowry, Demar, Fields, Bargnani, JV lineup in action. I think Demar could thrive with a lineup like that. He is also going to improve tons on defense this year (with Casey giving him a full training camp and more practice time). It would be a shame to see Demar go (but I know tons of people feel differently). I like the core we have now, and if Lowry stays, think about how great it could be in 3 or 4 years. Is Iggy worth that?

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    rudy gay is going to cost asset wise twice as much.

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied

I don't mind this trade at all, but hope another backup PG will be found, because I do not want it to be Bayless!
    I heard they're going for Flynn or bayless, whoever turns out cheaper

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X