Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    Based on my sources, which I cannot name, all signs point to Chad Ford being a d-bag.

Leave a comment:

• James Ballswin (Realizar)
    replied
    What "signs" is Chad Ford referring to? Oh, he didn't provide any specific details. (BS!)

I think the "signs" are pointing to him staying.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I think if Bosh does end up resigning with the Raptors, then all Raptors fans should flood the email boxes of all those naysayers that said he won't resign from Ford to SAS to those idiots in the Miami Herald.
    Based on what these guys, all American based, have said so far I think that if Bosh does leave they'll say "good job, you can't blame him for wanting to leave there". If he does re-sign then you'll hear them saying "Chris Bosh just made a huge mistake, one that he will regret for the rest of his life because he could have played second fiddle to [insert name]". Charlie Rosen(Fox Sports) in particular will no doubt tune Bosh up if he re-signs given his on going smear campaign of the Toronto Raptors. The guy only writes negative trash about the team. He oozes negativity toward the Canadian team.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 27, 2010, 07:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• .40 Cal Flakes
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I think if Bosh does end up resigning with the Raptors, then all Raptors fans should flood the email boxes of all those naysayers that said he won't resign from Ford to SAS to those idiots in the Miami Herald.
    I'm down for that. I'll be first in line to give 'em a big middle finger eff u!

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• .40 Cal Flakes
    replied
    Wow. "All other signs point to him leaving"...get outta here Ford. It's getting really annoying and old to hear Ford and others (not surprisingly all American media) keep repeating how CB is gonna be dealt. BC has publicly stated recently that he is NOT EVEN ACCEPTING calls for Bosh trades. Damn, the American media really has a hard on for Bosh leaving T Dot.

Leave a comment:

• MattyG-Ray
    replied
    None of these guys even know whats going on with Bosh or the Raptors. They never give any reason why he is leaving, they just come out and say he is as good as gone.

Leave a comment:

• INFO
    replied
    All the guys at ESPN are douches. All they talk about is how Bosh is going to leave. If Bosh stays i want to hear what they have to say for themselves

Leave a comment:

• bryan colangelo
    replied
    I'll give you three reasons why he might resign:

1) The money. $30 million is a lot to leave on the table, no matter how rich you are. If he didn't want to resign, his agent would definitely push for a sign and trade.

2) The management is actually pretty good. You can knock some of Bryan's decisions, but he's been pretty decisive and responsive to the team's and Bosh's needs. He's not the type of GM that sits on his hands. Ask yourself, how many other GMs would have the good will and brass balls to orchestrate the 4-team Hedo sign and trade? Cuban, maybe? Colangelo even signed Bosh's college roommate, for chrissakes. How accommodating is that?

3) He likes being the alpha dog. Bosh may seem modest in a post-game scrum, but anyone that post youtube videos and has twitter contests wants to be the center of attention. He gets to shoot when he wants, collect rebounds that his teammates box out for him, et cetera, et cetera. If there was even a remote chance that the Raptors could win a championship with the team they have, he would stay.

Bosh has a tough decision ahead of him, and it's not nearly as simple as the American media is making it sound. The team isn't great, but good enough to make you wonder what its ceiling is. His best friend is here. He can make more money here. And he gets to be The Man.

Lebron and Wade are great players, and maybe even Bosh's buds. But they also need to dominate the ball to play well. Bosh certainly knows this, and has to be wondering if he wants to be the Olympic-team-version of Bosh for the rest of his career, or wants to pave his own way.
    Last edited by bryan colangelo; Tue Jan 26, 2010, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Posted this in the Bosh thread earlier today. My thoughts then and still are, what are the "other signs" and how does Ford know they all point to Bosh leaving? The whole statement is a load of crap. Weren't "all signs" pointing to him not signing the extension? Weren't "all signs" pointing to Carter not signing his extension? I wanted to say this earlier today but got side tracked. lol

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    "I really want to believe he's staying, but it's hard to find one really good reason he would."

How about 30 million xtra $ (by estimates) over the length of the next contract that only his current team can offer him. He can also achieve this if TO does a sign & trade...but he forgoes this if he wants to go regardless. There is no such provision in the NHL.

Leave a comment:

• Vimsanity
    replied
    Meh. I really want to believe he's staying, but it's hard to find one really good reason he would. We have cold weather, he's from Dallas. He's nearing his prime, we still aren't anywhere near a championship. Trade him at the deadline and don't take the risk of him pulling a Mats Sundin on us. lol. Also, his value may be higher at the trade deadline. If we were to attempt to trade him after the season was over, other teams would realize that we HAD to make a trade right away and may taketh away from the offerings (see Vince Carter). I really have no idea though. Hope he stays.

Leave a comment:

• OzRapFan
    replied
    Yeah, Yeah, Heard it all before. Chris Bosh will resign with the Raptors, guaranteed!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    started a topic Ford Regarding Bosh: "All Other Signs Point to Him Leaving"

Ford Regarding Bosh: "All Other Signs Point to Him Leaving"

Has Chad Ford ever been right?

Eric (Indy) - Please tell me this Bosh for Bynum trade won't get done! I'm sick and tired of all these Big Market teams stealing other teams best players, ala Pau Gasol from Memphis; Garnett from Minny! This is the biggest reason I dislike the NBA other than the officiating!

Chad Ford (1:34 PM) - Raptors are playing better which I think has taken some of the urgency out of trading Bosh. I think Bryan Colangelo is still hoping to convince him that the Raptors can be a future contender. But all other signs point to him leaving. I think it will come down to a day or two before the February deadline before we know for sure. But if they are going to trade Bosh then the Bynum for Bosh swap is as good as it gets.
    Source - Click here
Working...
X