Amnesty Amir Johnson and Pick up Elton Brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amnesty Amir Johnson and Pick up Elton Brand

Amir Johnson is just crap and bad contract we should get rid of.

In the case for Elton, he is 33 yrs and getting old but giving him 20 min a game he can provide relief for Barg. In addition, Elton can put up 10-14 pts and grab six rebounds on night to night basic. Where Amir is great for two games next 10, he is now where to be found.

NOoo

Comment

This thread title is MASSIVELY misleading.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Word. I flipped shit for a second

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          +1 LOL, why would we do this? Enlighten me.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Why not

Comment

Brand > Amir no doubt, I don't think anyone would argue that. The problem with this is that Brand would be likely asking for far too much money and would be backing up Bargs. Chances are he isn't ready to be a backup yet. If by some stroke of God he settled for a reasonable salary and was ok with being the first guy off the bench, this would be great. Not gonna happen.

Comment

Amir has been on the team for the last 3 yrs he has done nothing to earn that kind of money.

Just look at the stat and compare the two

Comment

mcsemcp73 wrote: View Post
                  Why not
                  Will likely need to add a bit more to that response if you actually want people to take you serious around here ... just a suggestion.

I'd be curious as to what you think a 33 year old Elton Brand can do on the floor, that a 24 year old Amir couldn't? Considering neither would be starting.

Comment

Not to mention Amir runs the floor like a boss

Comment

close this thread

Comment

Elton Brand may be a veteran, but giving up a young, athletic power forward who does the same things, plus shot blocking is highly unlikely. Amir is a high motor player, he runs the floor, sets good screens, blocks shots, rebounds, and can actually make the odd jumper, and odd drive to the hoop.

I like Brand, but at this point, if we had to get rid of the log jam at power forward, it would be via trades, and acquiring more assets used as trade chips and so on and so on. Brand is no sure fire signing, and amnestying a solid rotational big is not too bright. Sure money is cleared up for more moves, but free agency this free agency class isn't too strong.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

close or re-title this thread please. I just about shit two bricks
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I am not interested in amnestying Amir, however picking up Brand may not be a bad idea. Perhaps relinguishing the Q offer to Bayless was made in an effort to keep our options open. I do not think we are finished making moves yet and another asset is another asset. i don't think we have anything to lose by putting in a bid. But my guess is he lands in Dallas

Comment

This thread actually made me laugh, so it was good for something.

Comment

Working...
                              X