• Balls of Steel
    replied
    So, Kyle Lowry's here now right?

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Quirk wrote: View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attachment_in_children

Have you met many under 2 year olds who happily spend many weeks or months away from mom?
    o
    You do know that 2011 was the first summer the parents were separated? They all spent their summers in NY before then. I believe Nash. He left a few million on the table to go to LA. Obviously that the good team (LAL) was a consideration as well which he doesnt deny...so why would you believe he is blowing smoke about the family thing? He has a very good reputation as being a straight shooter including keeping his promise to the Suns to arrange a s&t to have them get some assets. His circumstances did not make it necessary to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    OTFP wrote: View Post
    "Rumbles that Gretzky, one of Nash's boyhood heroes, would be involved in the Raptors' Nash pitch leaked out through the Toronto media before the two parties got together"
    Uhhh, no. Never heard of this Hail Mary move until now, and I've been armpit deep in the Nash media circus from day one.

"Canada's fairy-tale run at the 2000 Olympics "
    7th place. Hardly an awesome run.

Nash saying proximity to his kids was one of the clinchers is ridiculous since he globetrots all summer and spends most of his time in NYC.

He owes Toronto nothing, and it would have been so dorky and cringe if he signed here. I'm glad he didn't.
    Well, I heard it. And Canada's fairy tale run for the Olympics had them playing a game that would have put them in the bronze medal contest if they had won. Considering the last time the Canadian National Basketball team had a shot at a medal, I would say that is pretty good. I think they were ranked 12th or 13th in the world at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Not sure how reliable he is, but Doug Smith said that the kids spend the summer in NY with Nash (since they're out of school). This was on Sportsnet 590 in an interview with Bob McCown late last week.
    The separation/divorce is a recent event. I believe 2011 was the first summer. I dont know if there was some arrangement where they could join him in NY. Obviously they all went to NY for the summer before that time.

Leave a comment:

• OTFP
    replied
    "Rumbles that Gretzky, one of Nash's boyhood heroes, would be involved in the Raptors' Nash pitch leaked out through the Toronto media before the two parties got together"
    Uhhh, no. Never heard of this Hail Mary move until now, and I've been armpit deep in the Nash media circus from day one.

"Canada's fairy-tale run at the 2000 Olympics "
    7th place. Hardly an awesome run.

Nash saying proximity to his kids was one of the clinchers is ridiculous since he globetrots all summer and spends most of his time in NYC.

He owes Toronto nothing, and it would have been so dorky and cringe if he signed here. I'm glad he didn't.

Leave a comment:

• Quirk
    replied
    Katman wrote: View Post
    Where's the source for your BS?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attachment_in_children

Have you met many under 2 year olds who happily spend many weeks or months away from mom?

Leave a comment:

• Katman
    replied
    Source?
    Where's the source for your BS?

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    If being near his kids is so important, why does he spend his summers in NY? Does he have custody during the summer?

Edit: I highly doubt he has summer-long custody of the toddler.
    Not sure how reliable he is, but Doug Smith said that the kids spend the summer in NY with Nash (since they're out of school). This was on Sportsnet 590 in an interview with Bob McCown late last week.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i just dont understand the whole Gretzky angle.. why pick a canadian who doesnt even live here, why pick 99 who turned the leafs down to play in NY.. & who soo famously played in L.A, it just seems like a dumb attempt to woo nash... they'd have been better off using Don Cherry to pitch playing in Canada then #99...
    I believe Gretzky was Nash's boyhood hero.

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    Yeah jeez, this makes me think BC couldn't have done much more.

It is pretty damn ironic that Gretzky left Canada to play in LA though.

Leave a comment:

• Quirk
    replied
    Katman wrote: View Post
    I believe the ex goes to NY for the summer too, that's why he wanted NY.
    Source?

Leave a comment:

• Katman
    replied
    I agree.

There is absolutely nothing stopping him from living in Phoenix in the off season, but he doesn't. So unless his kids live with him in NY during the summer, which is doubtful, he's giving up the opportunity to spend a few months solid with them for no contractual reason.

Marc Stein's article is obviously written by a PR firm.
    I believe the ex goes to NY for the summer too, that's why he wanted NY.

Leave a comment:

• Katman
    replied
    If being near his kids is so important, why does he spend his summers in NY? Does he have custody during the summer?

Edit: I highly doubt he has summer-long custody of the toddler.
    Would you want to spend a summer in Pheonix, it's a dry heat...that will fry off your skin!

Leave a comment:

• Quirk
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    It's just PR maneuvering.
    I agree.

There is absolutely nothing stopping him from living in Phoenix in the off season, but he doesn't. So unless his kids live with him in NY during the summer, which is doubtful, he's giving up the opportunity to spend a few months solid with them for no contractual reason.

Marc Stein's article is obviously written by a PR firm.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i just dont understand the whole Gretzky angle.. why pick a canadian who doesnt even live here, why pick 99 who turned the leafs down to play in NY.. & who soo famously played in L.A, it just seems like a dumb attempt to woo nash... they'd have been better off using Don Cherry to pitch playing in Canada then #99...
    I think the whole idea was that Nash could do for basketball in Canada what Gretzky did for hockey in California and the US in general. Turning Nash from great basketball player into a sports icon kind of idea. Not sure if that was the right sell to Nash but it was always the best the could offer. Forget the ring cause we can't get you that but we can make you a larger than life, beyond basketball type star....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X