Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a question.

Put on your imagination goggles and consider this:

The Nash in LA situation blows up in their faces, and both parties realize they've made a terrible mistake. The trade deadline is fast approaching. If Jose is still here, do you do the old switcheroo? LA would be motivated by the expiring contract, and Toronto, well, we all know why the Raps wanted him.

Personally, I think absolutely not, since we've got Lowry, but this was posed to me at work today.

Thoughts?

KHD wrote: View Post
    Put on your imagination goggles and consider this:

The Nash in LA situation blows up in their faces, and both parties realize they've made a terrible mistake. The trade deadline is fast approaching. If Jose is still here, do you do the old switcheroo? LA would be motivated by the expiring contract, and Toronto, well, we all know why the Raps wanted him.

Personally, I think absolutely not, since we've got Lowry, but this was posed to me at work today.

Thoughts?
    The Ship! She has sailed!

Lowry will be in the conversation for the all-star team next year.

I would love to have Jose as a backup PG, but do you really see Jose playing 16 minutes a game? He will be traded sooner rather than later. I can't see either Lowry or Calderon playing more than spot minutes at off guard, so there's only 48 minutes of time at PG and Lowry will be playing at least 32 of them.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
      The Ship! She has sailed!

I would love to have Jose as a backup PG, but do you really see Jose playing 16 minutes a game? He will be traded sooner rather than later. I can't see either Lowry or Calderon playing more than spot minutes at off guard, so there's only 48 minutes of time at PG and Lowry will be playing at least 32 of them.
      Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Comment

*pffttpffpptffffffffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r teh*

Spurn me once shame on you spurn me twice, your probably my ex...spurn me three times...where am I going with this?

Oh and hell no....Lowry = Alpha now... so let go to the Heat instead.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I'd still take Nash if he was willing to come to Toronto even in a trade... Lowry is a good player, but Nash is a difference maker and not just on the court.

As for Lowry being an all-star.. there is lots of competition out east for that. He'll have to battle the likes or Rose, Rondo, DWill, Wade, Joe Johnson, Ellis, Jennings, Lin, Irving, Wall, Holiday. It's possible, but not easy. I think Bargnani has a better chance, since he'd have less competition.

Comment

short answer: hell no. We tried, now best of luck to LA and Nash. We're taking a better route.

Comment

If a championship calibre team doesn't want him, what would Toronto want him for? No way that trade would happen. That'd be the equivalent to Toronto saying "Hey, we'll take anything. We're overcompensating and have no back-bone."

Unless Bynum is part of the deal, it would never be accepted by Toronto and BC would never dare to rattle the rabid fan base like that.
              Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
                If a championship caliber team doesn't want him, what would Toronto want him for? No way that trade would happen. That'd be the equivalent to Toronto saying "Hey, we'll take anything. We're overcompensating and have no back-bone."

Unless Bynum is part of the deal, it would never be accepted by Toronto and BC would never dare to rattle the rabid fan base like that.
                Because he's not a good fit? Only 12% of the Lakers offence was pick n roll last season. Nash runs the hell out of it, so it's going to be a huge change that the players may not be able to adjust to. Nash needs the ball in his hands and there is no guarantee that Kobe will be able to play off of Nash in those situations. Plus Nash is a downgrade defensively from Sessions, imo. This could end up blowing up in LA's face if players can't adjust to how Nash runs offence.

As far as why would Toronto want him, he would be a good fit in our pick n roll heavy offence with JV, Amir, and Bargs. He'll have plenty of spot up shooters like in Phoenix with Bargs, Kleiza, and Ross.

There's no question in my mind Nash "fits" better in Toronto, but with talent alone the Lakers will win more games and that's what it comes down to for Nash.

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
                  There's no question in my mind Nash "fits" better in Toronto, but with talent alone the Lakers will win more games and that's what it comes down to for Nash.
                  Lakers strike me as a team with tough odds to win it all. Lot of aging body parts. Hence, I’m inclined to question Nash making good with his wish. Steve - on a young team - could have worked very well. A young team like Toronto.

One of the recipients of that potential fortune - JV - might have seriously competed for Rookie of the Year. Surpassing Mr. Eyebrow for being top pup. He still might without Mr. Canadian.

“ ”

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post

Kyrie Irving, John Wall, Rajon "Hondo", dwill, a full season from Lin, jennings, just to new a few off the top of my head, Lowry has his work cut out for him if he is going to make the All star team.....

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                      One of the recipients of that potential fortune - JV - might have seriously competed for Rookie of the Year. Surpassing Mr. Eyebrow for being top pup. He still might without Mr. Canadian. ’
                      “ ”
                      JV put up some nice numbers the other day vs Hortford at the olympic qualifier. However, vs some of the other competition, he put up near goose eggs due to foul trouble. Right now he might a fouling machine much like Oden was in his rookie year. He'll have impressive games, don't get me wrong, but he'll have some growing pains too
                      I hope he learns quickly

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
                        Because he's not a good fit? Only 12% of the Lakers offence was pick n roll last season. Nash runs the hell out of it, so it's going to be a huge change that the players may not be able to adjust to. Nash needs the ball in his hands and there is no guarantee that Kobe will be able to play off of Nash in those situations. Plus Nash is a downgrade defensively from Sessions, imo. This could end up blowing up in LA's face if players can't adjust to how Nash runs offence.

As far as why would Toronto want him, he would be a good fit in our pick n roll heavy offence with JV, Amir, and Bargs. He'll have plenty of spot up shooters like in Phoenix with Bargs, Kleiza, and Ross.

Nash has made horrible teams playoff contenders over the years. He has played with a Phoenix Suns team where Jared Dudley was his main scoring option some nights. Now he gets traded to an amazing team where everyone can score and...he doesn't fit? I do not buy that for one second. Lakers had a ton of spot up jumpers last year when Kobe was not in the ISO. Would you rather Ramon Sessions throwing that pass to the open man or Steve Nash? Nash was the most efficient point guard in the fast break. All the ways Ramon Sessions improved the Lakers (higher 3pt% with Sess, Pau improved, Kobe more efficient) Nash will improve the Lakers even more. Pau Gasol's numbers are going to skyrocket with Nash. Pau in the pick and roll with Nash will be amazing. My only question is Bynum. Bynum usually gets away with being on the low post or in the lane a ton with the Lakers last year, but when Nash runs a pick and roll, Bynum is going to have to get out of the way. I am curious to see Bynum's role in the offense.

Defensively, they suffer, but overall, they hit the jackpot. My question comes after these few years? When Nash retires, Kobe thinks about retiring, and Pau is not what he used to be. They have no youth to transition to after Bynum (who will improve with Nash).

Comment

i think that kobe will let nash do his thing because he knows he has an easier job now. kobe is a lot about him himself but he is all about winning. he is still going to toss up 20+ shots a night but they will be passed to him in spots he likes instead of right across half court.

Comment

In a perfect world Nash gets his ring and the Raptors have made major strides during his 3 year contract with LA. Wouldn't mind Nash having a fair well tour in a couple years backing up hopefully Lowry if all pans out. The way Nash plays the game he realistically could be able to play for a number of years after his current contract albeit a different role of course.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
                              If a championship calibre team doesn't want him, what would Toronto want him for? No way that trade would happen. That'd be the equivalent to Toronto saying "Hey, we'll take anything. We're overcompensating and have no back-bone."

If such a trade were to happen, Toronto would come out the winner 'cause they would get Nash for 27 million as opposed to the 36 million that they originally offered. I think Nash would be extra motivated to perform well to prove what he can do especially to the Lakers.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X