X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 000 Hours
    replied
    mountio wrote: View Post
    Dont think he'll get traded - he has no trade value. Its interesting that people think Jose or Amir have value .. if we are considering amnestying, why would someone else trade us assets for them? Its not that they dont have value on the court .. just not at their current contract and thus no one will give up assets for the right to a bad contract.

As for whether Amir gets amnestied ... I cant see us doing it just to save money (its not like we are over the tax .. so we would just save a bit if he gets picked up on waivers, which he probably would) .. only if we had another free agent / trade available. If thats the case .. then we might revisit amnestying JC .. depending on who we are getting and what position they play ..
    I find your talk in "absolutes" to be off base. To say he has no value is way too much of a polarizing statement. Of course he has value, we just aren't privy to the conversations BC and Ed have behind closed doors.

Leave a comment:

• mountio
    replied
    10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
    If anything, he'll get traded. Or Davis for that matter. Amir's contract isn't that bad and would be easy to move considering that Atlanta was able to move Johnson's massive mistake.

Also, amnestying Amir wouldn't free up that much money and it's not like there's another great free agent "fit" that is an absolute must have for the Raptors.

However, I guess if amnestied, that cap space could be used to absorb another contract in a trade to upgrade the team. If that's the case, then go for it. I just don't see it happening. But who knows...
    Dont think he'll get traded - he has no trade value. Its interesting that people think Jose or Amir have value .. if we are considering amnestying, why would someone else trade us assets for them? Its not that they dont have value on the court .. just not at their current contract and thus no one will give up assets for the right to a bad contract.

As for whether Amir gets amnestied ... I cant see us doing it just to save money (its not like we are over the tax .. so we would just save a bit if he gets picked up on waivers, which he probably would) .. only if we had another free agent / trade available. If thats the case .. then we might revisit amnestying JC .. depending on who we are getting and what position they play ..

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Pfft, I don't believe it.

In related news, look at this picture I found! (Awwwww)

lol how old was Amir Johnson in that picture...?

Leave a comment:

• 10 000 Hours
    replied
    If anything, he'll get traded. Or Davis for that matter. Amir's contract isn't that bad and would be easy to move considering that Atlanta was able to move Johnson's massive mistake.

Also, amnestying Amir wouldn't free up that much money and it's not like there's another great free agent "fit" that is an absolute must have for the Raptors.

However, I guess if amnestied, that cap space could be used to absorb another contract in a trade to upgrade the team. If that's the case, then go for it. I just don't see it happening. But who knows...

Leave a comment:

• jbml
    replied
    Things slow down.They have to write something. Can't see this happening

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Pfft, I don't believe it.

In related news, look at this picture I found! (Awwwww)

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I don't buy it.

Same group claiming Bargnani was going to be amnestied last year.

Amir is just turned 25 and a useful NBA reserve big man.

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    Who said they are for sure keeping Calderon?

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    started a topic Johnson A Possible Amnesty Cut?

Johnson A Possible Amnesty Cut?

As posted in the Insider section at ESPN:

Toronto Raptors
    Most likely amnesty cut: Amir Johnson
    How likely to use amnesty this season: Jump ball
    Other amnesty candidates: Jose Calderon
    Notes: The Raptors now say they intend to keep Calderon to play him with Kyle Lowry. Using the amnesty clause on Amir Johnson remains a possibility, especially since he would likely be picked up on waivers, which would save the team additional money.
Working...
X