No announcement yet.

Who should be on the trading block for the raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fields abomination leaves us with egg on our face. We've now got three 2-guards that need minutes (Landry's not good enough to get minutes, but at what we're paying him, he needs to see the floor and perform). We are stuck with Landry (sadface), so that means we have Ross or DeRozen to move. Personally, I'd like the move Demar because 1) Ross projects to be a better shooter, 2) Ross projects to be a better defender, 3) Ross may be able to play multiple spots, while Demar is a pure 2, 4) Ross seems like a better fit with DCs system/culture, 5) Demar regressed last year, 6) If we don't trade Demar now, he's probably never going to have value again as he continues to pan out as an average-at-best overall player with some scoring capability. So ya, we need to put Demar on the block.

As for the idea of playing Fields at 3..... why the F&*K would we sign a guy (a RFA, no less) just to play him out of position?? The Fields signing was so terrible that we now have to trade DeRo for assets beyond his worth just to dig out of this hole we've created.

There are a few other guys that we could move, but none that have enough value to fetch anything on the "trade block." Davis has 0 trade value, Amir is serviceable (but other teams won't be crazy to pay his number for a back-up big man with no elite skill), Kleiza is on nobody's wish list...... basically all these players will be throw-in pieces (along with Caldy) as we try to move Demar/JC for a high-caliber yet overpaid player like Gay or Iggy.

When other teams laugh at that poo-poo platter, we're going to need to look at taking a bad contract & young assets/picks back for Jose and then trading Demar for a backup PG or SF. Goddamn I'm depressed.

I want to see what the AB/JV inside-out combo looks like before we consider moving Bargnani (our only legit trade piece)

Comment

Wolstat just tweeted that he'd be surprised if JJ is on the team in a few days. Must be something brewing.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        Wolstat just tweeted that he'd be surprised if JJ is on the team in a few days. Must be something brewing.

Tuff not to think it's part of something bigger... what teams are out there targeting only JJ. Packaged with Jose to bring back a SF perhaps? I've been saying that we'll only get a 2nd rounder for Jose, but stranger things have happend.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
          Tuff not to think it's part of something bigger... what teams are out there targeting only JJ. Packaged with Jose to bring back a SF perhaps? I've been saying that we'll only get a 2nd rounder for Jose, but stranger things have happend.
          The JJ to Minny for Ridnour rumor has been out for awhile, but that's the only one I've read about. It makes sense, since the Raps would need a veteran backup PG if they trade Calderon, while Ridnour has become a $4M 4th string PG (Rubio, Barea and Shved). JJ gives Minny depth at both forward spots and saves them $1.2M next season and $4.3M next season (if they don't re-sign JJ). It could be a decent match for both teams, rather than a team just having an outright desire for JJ.

Comment

Jose to Stay, JJ to go - Wolstat

Wolstat's tweet was mentioned above, and here is the article:

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/15...-lose-in-vegas
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I think to get that elite SF, the Raptors would have to give up Davis and DD. Lets be honest no team is going to give Gay, Iggy etc. for a bunch of bench players, they would want at least a couple of rotation players and a legit starter.
              @RavNation

Comment

Blockbuster alert!

The raptors acquire ... A second round pick!

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go change my pants.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                X