Nicolas Batum rumors/updates, including Darko amnesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Quick ‏@jwquick

Both Minn writers, @JerryZgoda and @Twolvesnow, reporting that nothing happening tonight. No offer extended and no waivers on Martell/Miller

Too funny.

No offer afterall.

I think it is clear Batum REALLY wants out of Portland - just my opinion.

Comment

If a player that is RFA really wants out of a team what the hell do they sign an offer sheet for 4yrs? If they truly want out sign an OS for 1yr and a player option so if/when your hated team matches you do your year and move on.
      Am I missing something other than the security of a 4yr committed salary?
      I think if you truly want off a team it can be done simply, but most of this whining by players is just posturing.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
        If a player that is RFA really wants out of a team what the hell do they sign an offer sheet for 4yrs? If they truly want out sign an OS for 1yr and a player option so if/when your hated team matches you do your year and move on.
        Am I missing something other than the security of a 4yr committed salary?
        I think if you truly want off a team it can be done simply, but most of this whining by players is just posturing.
        Absolutely correct.

But the players - like most people - want it all their way.

Plus the idea of leaving $40M guaranteed on the table is a risky proposition.

But yeah, I 100% agree with what you are saying.

Comment

Yeah, it's 100% the security thing. No matter how much you hate your team, playing there sure beats missing out on $40 million if your play drops off, or you get injured.

Comment

Darko goes unclaimed and I think he's done with the NBA.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I see darko going to miami or boston, or an other team that needs size. He is still a pretty good shotblocker and a decent post defender, deep playoff teams need that...

Comment

Working...
              X