Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitting in Lowry with Calderon, Fields and DeRozan, What to do with Ed and JJ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fitting in Lowry with Calderon, Fields and DeRozan, What to do with Ed and JJ?

    Ok, asuming that Jose is not traded. How can we fit both into our lineup?

    According to 82games, Lowry did spend 5% of his time at the off gaurd beside Brooks. Small sample, but his performance was good. So, if he can play 5 minutes per game at the off gaurd, then this means that Jose can play an extra 5 minutes at the 1. That would mean Lowry could play 32 mintes, while Jose plays 21.

    So, if we do get Fields and Keep DeRozan, I would like to see DeRozan spend some time at the 3 as well. Working under the assumption that JJ will be gone, and Kleiza will play about 16 minutes at the 3, DeRozan and Landry should be interchangable at the 2/3, so they will split 64 for 32 each, which if Lowry is playing 5 at the 2, leaves 11 mintutes per game for Ross.

    Add in Aaron gray and JV splitting 48 minutes, for 24 each at the 1. Bargnani taking 32 minutes at the 4, Amir Johnson gets 16 minutes at the 4.

    Like JJ, there is no room for Ed.

    This could work. But it's not ideal. Fields/DeRozan/Ross is a bit redundant, as is Lowry/Calderon.

    Personally I would like to see Fields as the starting SG, with Ross as the primary backup, and Calderon, DeRozan, JJ and Davis traded for a legit SF like AI, That would make the lineup more straight forward.

    We can wait until the season gets underway to trade Calderon/DeRozan though, since there is still a place for them to play on this team.

    So what to de with JJ and Ed? We don't need anymore rotation players, and nobody is going to trade a starting SF for these two. Yet, we have no minutes for them currently, and they're too good and young to be reserves.

    Amnesty Amir and let Ed play back up PF? See if we ca get a late first rounder for JJ?

  • #2
    Quirk wrote: View Post
    Add in Aaron gray and JV splitting 48 minutes, for 24 each AT THE 1.
    This should be fun.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello my friend from raptorrepublic Mr.Quirk, I like what you say but personally I dont like it at all. Im cool loving dude no drama dumb loser, but I have to say we'll be fine. I dont like hearing the idea of moving JJ or Ed Davis because we can't afford to move any of them at all because we'll be missing out on a lot of talent. I see a bright future for this team, there is so much talent on this roster that I can see the Raptors making the playoffs this year and give them a few years, possibly bring home a championship atleast once or twice. Calderon and Lowry is actually the most perfect combination, u got a young up and coming guard that is both skill offensively and defensively yet he's still learning. Calderon, he's been in the game for a while so he knows what he's doing so I see him coming off the bench and mentoring him showing how this team runs etc and how dumb MLSE runs this franchise. I'm glad that we actually let go of Jerry Bayless, he's really good of course but it was either him or Jose and as much as I love Jerry Bayless game and his enthusiam, it was better this way. Calderon is a legend here man, he wants to stay and let him win one for Toronto. Anyways I have the line up for the Toronto Raptors set up like this in my NBA 2k12 Simulation basketball game:
      Btw how can you all put Klieza before JJ, Klieza is brick city, he can definitley get some good looks but he can't finish, I wouldnt start him until he polish up those shots some more cuz it would help if he could've hit some of those open mid/long range jumpers but he has a lot of potential to be a NICE player.

      * - indicate starters
      BOLD NAMES - indicate the players that would possibly vary under Dwayne Casey system of earning minutes to play


      1. Kyle Lowry*/Jose Calderon/ Ben Uzoh
      2. Landry Fields*/ Terrence Ross/Demar Derozan
      3. Demar Derozan*/ James Johnson/ Linas Klieza
      4. Andrea Bargnani*/Amir Johnson/ Ed Davis/Quincy Acy
      5. Jonas Valincuinas*/Aaron Gray/Ed Davis/Amir Johnson/Quincy Acy

      If I missed anyone please let me know.

      Whats wrong with this team? I don't see anything wrong with this, if I had this lineup, I would be dam confident moving forward into the future. There so much talent, I dont know how the franchise is affording this, its CRAZYYYY!!!!!! MAN I would also like to give a shout out to my homie Dwayne Casey, because of this dude, ppl wanna play here. He's the realeast dude ever, he likes one of those Walt Disney coaches or something coach carter or sum bs...n e ways things look good for the future.

      TORONTO RAPTORS 2015 NBA CHAMPIONS creating history omgosh meant to be, no argument hehehehohohohahah!...what u say?...cool....yeah I know....hey,yep I'm dumb...u gay? Maybe. THanks I love you all at Raptorsrepublic, thank you for taking the time to read my post because I take my time to read all of your opinions, we are all fans with 1 dream for this team. To win a champion cool, one love!!
      Last edited by Demar_8756; Thu Jul 12, 2012, 05:29 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
        I don't see anything wrong with this
        What's wrong with that lineup is that one ED or Amir, plus one of JJ or Kleiza will be relegated to a reserve role with no regular minutes, and this is waste of assets.

        And also, that unless Lowry plays a few minutes at the 2, Jose get's only 16 minutes per game, which is another waste.

        Comment


        • #5
          omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
          This should be fun.
          Aaron grey has a wicked cross over!

          Ok, well spotted, I mean the 5.

          Comment


          • #6
            All of this assumes the one near-impossibility for any team: a season without injuries. It also assumes that every game will see the same rotations despite matchups. Depth is a good thing, even if on paper there aren't enough minutes to go around.

            Comment


            • #7
              This illustrates what a lot of people pushing for trades have been saying: 1 PF & 1 wing need to be traded. It's the only way to ensure the remaining players each get sufficient time to improve individually and develop a sense of team chemistry. There's no point stockpiling 2nd unit rotation players who can't all play; it makes much more sense to package a few of them up and deal them for a legit veteran starter, before their "potential" and trade value is wasted by letting them rot buried on the bench. Assets are only useful if you use them.

              I would be surprised if Calderon, JJ and Amir/Davis were still on the roster come training camp.

              Comment


              • #8
                There really is no playing time for all the depth we have at positions 1-4, so it would be a waste of talent/assets and you don't want disgruntled players. When a Kieza or Ed Davis or one of the Johnsons is consistently left out of the rotation then you've got to consider that we'd be better off packaging a few of these guys to get better on the frontline. I'd rather have a star or borderline star as opposed to 3 similarly talented players at one position (SF). With a SF like Igoudala or Granger you can play them up to 36-38 minutes and you'll get high-level production. In this league yours better off with concentrated talent/great starters than dispersed talent/redundant depth. We really only need an 8 or 9 man rotation most nights anyways. No need to have this underutilized talent.

                Comment


                • #9
                  CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  This illustrates what a lot of people pushing for trades have been saying: 1 PF & 1 wing need to be traded. It's the only way to ensure the remaining players each get sufficient time to improve individually and develop a sense of team chemistry. There's no point stockpiling 2nd unit rotation players who can't all play; it makes much more sense to package a few of them up and deal them for a legit veteran starter, before their "potential" and trade value is wasted by letting them rot buried on the bench. Assets are only useful if you use them.

                  I would be surprised if Calderon, JJ and Amir/Davis were still on the roster come training camp.
                  This seems all too logical for it to actually work out that way

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
                    Hello my friend from raptorrepublic Mr.Quirk, I like what you say but personally I dont like it at all. Im cool loving dude no drama dumb loser, but I have to say we'll be fine. I dont like hearing the idea of moving JJ or Ed Davis because we can't afford to move any of them at all because we'll be missing out on a lot of talent. I see a bright future for this team, there is so much talent on this roster that I can see the Raptors making the playoffs this year and give them a few years, possibly bring home a championship atleast once or twice. Calderon and Lowry is actually the most perfect combination, u got a young up and coming guard that is both skill offensively and defensively yet he's still learning. Calderon, he's been in the game for a while so he knows what he's doing so I see him coming off the bench and mentoring him showing how this team runs etc and how dumb MLSE runs this franchise. I'm glad that we actually let go of Jerry Bayless, he's really good of course but it was either him or Jose and as much as I love Jerry Bayless game and his enthusiam, it was better this way. Calderon is a legend here man, he wants to stay and let him win one for Toronto. Anyways I have the line up for the Toronto Raptors set up like this in my NBA 2k12 Simulation basketball game:
                    Btw how can you all put Klieza before JJ, Klieza is brick city, he can definitley get some good looks but he can't finish, I wouldnt start him until he polish up those shots some more cuz it would help if he could've hit some of those open mid/long range jumpers but he has a lot of potential to be a NICE player.

                    * - indicate starters
                    BOLD NAMES - indicate the players that would possibly vary under Dwayne Casey system of earning minutes to play


                    1. Kyle Lowry*/Jose Calderon/ Ben Uzoh
                    2. Landry Fields*/ Terrence Ross/Demar Derozan
                    3. Demar Derozan*/ James Johnson/ Linas Klieza
                    4. Andrea Bargnani*/Amir Johnson/ Ed Davis/Quincy Acy
                    5. Jonas Valincuinas*/Aaron Gray/Ed Davis/Amir Johnson/Quincy Acy

                    If I missed anyone please let me know.

                    Whats wrong with this team? I don't see anything wrong with this, if I had this lineup, I would be dam confident moving forward into the future. There so much talent, I dont know how the franchise is affording this, its CRAZYYYY!!!!!! MAN I would also like to give a shout out to my homie Dwayne Casey, because of this dude, ppl wanna play here. He's the realeast dude ever, he likes one of those Walt Disney coaches or something coach carter or sum bs...n e ways things look good for the future.

                    TORONTO RAPTORS 2015 NBA CHAMPIONS creating history omgosh meant to be, no argument hehehehohohohahah!...what u say?...cool....yeah I know....hey,yep I'm dumb...u gay? Maybe. THanks I love you all at Raptorsrepublic, thank you for taking the time to read my post because I take my time to read all of your opinions, we are all fans with 1 dream for this team. To win a champion cool, one love!!
                    what?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
                      There really is no playing time for all the depth we have at positions 1-4, so it would be a waste of talent/assets and you don't want disgruntled players. When a Kieza or Ed Davis or one of the Johnsons is consistently left out of the rotation then you've got to consider that we'd be better off packaging a few of these guys to get better on the frontline. I'd rather have a star or borderline star as opposed to 3 similarly talented players at one position (SF). With a SF like Igoudala or Granger you can play them up to 36-38 minutes and you'll get high-level production. In this league yours better off with concentrated talent/great starters than dispersed talent/redundant depth. We really only need an 8 or 9 man rotation most nights anyways. No need to have this underutilized talent.
                      I agree 150%

                      The concept that we should be 2 deep at every position isn't realistic. Instead, we want our 5 starters playing 30+ minutes per night, with a backup PG, a backup wing (preferably someone who could play both SG and SF), and a backup big (preferably someone who could play both PF and C). That's it. Maybe add another miscellaneous bench player at any position where appropriate.

                      Anything more than this is too crowded (in terms of everyday rotations).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        true enough, casey loves the 9 man rotation.
                        @sweatpantsjer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Quirk wrote: View Post
                          According to 82games, Lowry did spend 5% of his time at the off gaurd beside Brooks. Small sample, but his performance was good. So, if he can play 5 minutes per game at the off gaurd, then this means that Jose can play an extra 5 minutes at the 1. That would mean Lowry could play 32 mintes, while Jose plays 21.
                          Dragic. Brooks plays for the Suns

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I agree 150%

                            The concept that we should be 2 deep at every position isn't realistic. Instead, we want our 5 starters playing 30+ minutes per night, with a backup PG, a backup wing (preferably someone who could play both SG and SF), and a backup big (preferably someone who could play both PF and C). That's it. Maybe add another miscellaneous bench player at any position where appropriate.

                            Anything more than this is too crowded (in terms of everyday rotations).
                            +1

                            That's just how basketball is played. Not only do the main guys want to play 30 + minutes, in most cases they need to in order to be at their most effective. All of the playoff teams have a heirarchy on their team, where there is no question who should be on the floor for most occasions in the 4th. We will be a better team if a top 9 can establish themselves and we go 10-11 deep only on back to backs or in special match-ups.

                            I think we all agree on the starters. Jose, T-Ross, and Amir should be in the top 8. That last spot will probably be rotated between Ed, Klieza and JJ depending on the matchups or how they are playing.

                            I can see JJ working his way into the regular rotation a lot easier because of the fact that he plays SF, but generally our success will depend on how well Lowry plays with AB, and how good JoVal is (because if he ends up sucking...well then, we know how the story goes).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I agree 150%

                              The concept that we should be 2 deep at every position isn't realistic. Instead, we want our 5 starters playing 30+ minutes per night, with a backup PG, a backup wing (preferably someone who could play both SG and SF), and a backup big (preferably someone who could play both PF and C). That's it. Maybe add another miscellaneous bench player at any position where appropriate.

                              Anything more than this is too crowded (in terms of everyday rotations).
                              I totally agree. Ideally a team has 8 core players (5 starters, backup PG, backup wing who is usually the 6th man/sparkplug scorer off the bench, and backup big), with another 2-3 secondary rotation players who are used situationally and/or based on matchups.

                              The biggest problem with the logjams the Raps have at various positions right now, is that there aren't clearly defined roles. The Raps are deep in secondary rotation players, but are lacking legit starters.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X