Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Knicks match Fields, what is plan B?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    i think if fields doesn't come it is jj' spot until he is moved or falls inline. this could be a great opportunity for johnson to play.

    Comment


    • #62
      Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Free agents!

      Free agents only!

      Free agents only please!
      Matt Barnes?

      Comment


      • #63
        I am hoping that the Knicks match as I am not enamored with Fields and the fact that his fat contract restricts BC's future dealings.

        Chad Ford from yesterday's ESPN chat:

        Erik (Durham, NC)

        Chad, I would argue that besides the Hornets, that the (gasp) Raptors had the best offseason. They got three major upgrades (Valanciunas, Lowry, and Ross). I know some will say the Nets did better, but I think they just became Atlanta - a team that will always be a 4/5 seed and never make it to the conference finals. Thoughts?

        Chad Ford (1:30 PM)

        I like the Lowry addition. Valanciunas also has the change to be really good. I also like Terrence Ross, though they may have reached for him just a bit at No. 8. In short, the Raptors got better. I'm not sure they're a playoff team, but they're better. However, if the Knicks don't match the Landry Fields contract, that's a major negative in their column. They way overpaid. I was fine with it if they landed Nash. But without Nash? Ugh. B- with Fields. A- without him.

        Comment


        • #64
          Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Free agents!

          Free agents only!

          Free agents only please!
          Since you gave in your moderator badge no one listens to you anymore ....or comprehension levels on the forums has diminished severely.

          I dont believe BC goes for a Mayo. He seems to have an abrasive personality and did not get along very well with his team mates (reportedly had a dustup with Allen). Re the SF position I would first exhaust all trade possibilities including Jose to achieve this. If this does not pan out give it a rest and not force the issue...there isnt much there after Batum and possibly Rush as fas

          Comment


          • #65
            Since the topic here is free agents only .. I think the answer is no one.

            There are not any impact free agents left out there .. so I would rather save / use my cap space on a trade where we could get an impact player (I wont mention the names for fear of Matt22's wrath of getting off topic).

            Other than $2-$3 mm type guys to fill holes .. I dont see anyone out there worthy of a $7-$10 mm type signing.

            Comment


            • #66
              Bendit wrote: View Post
              Since you gave in your moderator badge no one listens to you anymore ....or comprehension levels on the forums has diminished severely.

              I dont believe BC goes for a Mayo. He seems to have an abrasive personality and did not get along very well with his team mates (reportedly had a dustup with Allen). Re the SF position I would first exhaust all trade possibilities including Jose to achieve this. If this does not pan out give it a rest and not force the issue...there isnt much there after Batum and possibly Rush as fas
              the comprehension has always been low.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

              Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

              Comment


              • #67
                For those of us who tend to obsess, any idea when the Saturday deadline occurs? Do we wake up to know fields is ours or do we wait til the end of the day to hear he's a knick etc. ?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  I really hope plan A fails.

                  I'd like to see a strong pitch made for a trade with OKC for James Harden using a combo of Calderon/DD/ED/Amir/Cap releif.

                  Lowry
                  Harden
                  T. Ross
                  Bargnani
                  JV

                  Since that will never happen I'll throw my hat in for giving JJ another year while searching for a better option. At the least he works hard of D and for the most part you don't have to double team the guy he is defending. IMO his ability to rotate, cover his own man and block shots was a big part of why the Rap's were so good at limiting points in the paint last season.
                  But its fun to dream....wow I wouldnt mind that at all

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    If NY matches Fields, what is your hope for plan B in free agency?
                    Plan B is count your blessings and learn from it.

                    (BC: Took Five Years... Finally Gets It.... Had a Relapse)

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Fly in the ointment?

                      I understand that Lin has yet to sign the Houston offer sheet and hopes to do it by today. Why the delay?

                      There might be a squeeze play going on by timing the signing to coincide with the expiry (matching) time on the Field's TO offer sheet. If NY matches on Fields there might just be a possibility that they let Lin go. Is Lin trying to indicate to the Knicks that he prefers the Rockets? This may also have the effect of NY passing on Fields? Apart from the obvious cap implications (luxury tax) in NY we dont know enough of whats happening behind the scenes for Lin to be delaying the signoff. Can he actually squeeze more $ from the Knicks?

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Bendit wrote: View Post
                        I understand that Lin has yet to sign the Houston offer sheet and hopes to do it by today. Why the delay?

                        There might be a squeeze play going on by timing the signing to coincide with the expiry (matching) time on the Field's TO offer sheet. If NY matches on Fields there might just be a possibility that they let Lin go. Is Lin trying to indicate to the Knicks that he prefers the Rockets? This may also have the effect of NY passing on Fields? Apart from the obvious cap implications (luxury tax) in NY we dont know enough of whats happening behind the scenes for Lin to be delaying the signoff. Can he actually squeeze more $ from the Knicks?
                        Houston is getting all their ducks in a row to make the offer for Dwight.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          If the Knicks match, the plan is to throw a party and then thank Isiah because only he would make such a decision (you know, other than colangelo)

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                            But its fun to dream....wow I wouldnt mind that at all
                            It's well documented that OKC will have a tough time holding onto to both Ibaka and Harden. James Harden is great, but he wilted badly against the Heat in the playoffs, when he was supposed to be a huge advantage for OKC. It became obvious that OKC needs to improve at least 2 things: (1) overall bench scoring, (2) PF/C scoring to prevent teams from going small ball.

                            Continuing with the dreaming theme, here is a trade that at least would get OKC thinking.

                            OKC receives:
                            =========
                            Calderon: $10M expiring
                            Derozan: $3.5M (1 year left)
                            Bargnani: $10M/yr (2 yrs left)
                            Future 1st round pick from TOR

                            Toronto receives:
                            ===========
                            Harden: $15M (sign extension & trade)
                            Thabeet: $5M/yr (basically filler)
                            + more filler or TPE
                            Future 1st round pick from OKC

                            So, OKC gets 3 superb bench players, who could be starters + a high draft pick + cap flexibility (Calderon/Derozan). Bargnani gives them a legitimate scoring big, so Miami can't go small ball on them without getting punished. AB + Perkins/Ibaka is a nice fit in the front court.
                            Last edited by golden; Fri Jul 13, 2012, 02:46 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              OKC sends itself a first round pick?
                              @sweatpantsjer

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                My bad. Boss was creeping up on me, did a quick cut & paste. You know what I mean... :-))

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X