Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors 2011 - 2012 & 2012 - 2013 Team MVP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Demar Derozan = 2012-2013 NBA MIP.

Leave a comment:

• NoBan
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Would anybody on this past season's Charlotte team be worthy of being named "MVP"? If your team is terrible, how "Valuable" can any single piece really be? I think it's a cynical view, but it's Friday afternoon and I get his point... the Raptors need a serious infusion of legitimate talent, otherwise we'll be sitting here this time next year naming another "MVP" of a lottery team.
    Gerald Henderson was the MVP of the Bobbycats IMO

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    In that case, why even bother having a team?
    Would anybody on this past season's Charlotte team be worthy of being named "MVP"? If your team is terrible, how "Valuable" can any single piece really be? I think it's a cynical view, but it's Friday afternoon and I get his point... the Raptors need a serious infusion of legitimate talent, otherwise we'll be sitting here this time next year naming another "MVP" of a lottery team.

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Or it just means that nobody on this roster will ever be worthy of an "MVP" title...even if it's simply team MVP.
    In that case, why even bother having a team?

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    Doesn't really make sense for someone not on this team to become the best player on the team. That would mean you think that another NBA team would trade their best player to us for Jose Calderon or Ed Davis. That's just silly.
    Or it just means that nobody on this roster will ever be worthy of an "MVP" title...even if it's simply team MVP.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    Doesn't really make sense for someone not on this team to become the best player on the team. That would mean you think that another NBA team would trade their best player to us for Jose Calderon or Ed Davis. That's just silly.

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    If that's the case the, Burgundy is a GENIUS! )
    No offense intended of course!

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Or he's holding out hope in the belief that another big trade is coming to land a legit top-tier talent that will eclipse anybody currently on our roster :-)
    If that's the case the, Burgundy is a GENIUS! )

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    So you truly don't think that anyone on the team this year so far will be good enough to be MVP on their own team? That's a sad state the Raps are in if that's the case.
    Or he's holding out hope in the belief that another big trade is coming to land a legit top-tier talent that will eclipse anybody currently on our roster :-)

Leave a comment:

• Stahmenah_Vybz
    replied
    Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Last Year: Jose
    This Year: Not yet on our roster
    So you truly don't think that anyone on the team this year so far will be good enough to be MVP on their own team? That's a sad state the Raps are in if that's the case.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    Bargnani is miles ahead of everyone else on this team in terms of the abilities he has and his talent. He should have been our MVP last year if he didn't get hurt, and unless we bring in a Rudy Gay, Bargnani *should* be our MVP very year going forward.

2011: Jose
    2012: Bargnani
    2013: Bargnani

Btw, if it's not Bargnani this year, that means he got hurt again and we'll lose over 50 games.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    NoBan wrote: View Post
    This season.. it's gotta be Bargnani, no? He's our best player, and was definitely the best guy in red last season when he's healthy. He showed improved help D and rotations last year, he's bought into the DC system even though he's not a perfect fit, he's always been an under-rated 1 on 1 defender, and he's still option 1 & 2 on O.
    Not only that, but he was often the best player on either side. I definitely think it going to be Bargnani next season if healthy.

Leave a comment:

• NoBan
    replied
    Last season I'll go with Jose. 2nd on the team in minutes played. Led the team in win shares and trailed only Bayless and Bargs in PER. Amir is my runner up, and may even warrent ranking ahead of Jose once you consider Jose's porous D.

This season.. it's gotta be Bargnani, no? He's our best player, and was definitely the best guy in red last season when he's healthy. He showed improved help D and rotations last year, he's bought into the DC system even though he's not a perfect fit, he's always been an under-rated 1 on 1 defender, and he's still option 1 & 2 on O.

Leave a comment:

• pesterm1
    replied
    CB4 wrote: View Post
    I'd give JJ the MVP for last year. He averaged over a block and a steal per game, leading the team in both categories. He was our best defender and covered a lot for Jose and Bargs. He was inconsistent on offense with the turnovers and his jump shot but he also had some good moments handling the ball and finishing at the rim with dunks.

Next year, if he can stay healthy, I think Bargs will be our MVP. He's entering his prime and was our best player last year when he played. I think we were all shocked when he hedged those screens hard for the first time in his career. If he can grab one or two more boards a game I think he has a good shot to be an all-star.
    JJ.... ? JJ!....? Cmon guys. If u can even consider him "OUR" MVP we have a BIG BIG problem. I liked JJ too but C'mon. he has potential but thats it. I sadly say it would have to be Jose Calderon.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    Last Year: Jose
    This Year: Not yet on our roster

Leave a comment:

Working...
X