Would you wait for a SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Good point. they could use Jose.. big time. But he would have no playing time when Rose comes back, which would suck for him
    Yes he would, because he knows Derrick Rose is the better player, I don't expect Marquis Teague to have 20 minutes a game in his rookie season...
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      Yes he would, because he knows Derrick Rose is the better player, I don't expect Marquis Teague to have 20 minutes a game in his rookie season...
      Don't forget that Chicago has also verbally agreed to bring Hinrich back, but they aren't making it formal until the Asik issue is settled. With Hinrich & Teague, I think Chicago could be out of the running for Calderon.

I see it more likely that Calderon winds up with Dallas somehow and that Iggy is the SF that BC is targeting. Philly has 5 wings (Iggy, Thad Young, Harkless, Nick Young and Evan Turner) and is building for the future. The one position they need to upgrade is PF, where the Raps could offer Davis or Amir.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Don't forget that Chicago has also verbally agreed to bring Hinrich back, but they aren't making it formal until the Asik issue is settled. With Hinrich & Teague, I think Chicago could be out of the running for Calderon.

I see it more likely that Calderon winds up with Dallas somehow and that Iggy is the SF that BC is targeting. Philly has 5 wings (Iggy, Thad Young, Harkless, Nick Young and Evan Turner) and is building for the future. The one position they need to upgrade is PF, where the Raps could offer Davis or Amir.
        Hinrich in the past couple has played a fair load of minutes at the shooting guard hasn't he? That's just my assumption on why I believe Calderon would be available there.

IMO, the only asset I see trading away is Calderon and either of Ed/Amir. Seeing either of our 4 wings getting traded to me is unlikely, Demar seems to be a lock due to the statements/comments of BC and DC.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Well Jose won't be happy with 15-20 mpg backing up last years MVP.. he wants to be the starter. But i'm sure he might be OK with it since it means a shot at contending

Comment

My official position for at least the time being is. We have upgraded every single position but SF. I am okay with seeing what Kleiza can do healthy and if Fields can adapt to the role. Our bench is better, both our knuckleheads are gone, 3 is the only position still needing attention, but I think it can wait
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              My official position for at least the time being is. We have upgraded every single position but SF. I am okay with seeing what Kleiza can do healthy and if Fields can adapt to the role. Our bench is better, both our knuckleheads are gone, 3 is the only position still needing attention, but I think it can wait
              You don't think Fields and a healthy Kleiza are an upgrade from last season?

Comment

+1 Kleiza at healthy, we saw during the 2010-2011 beginning of the season, was extremely effective. He was tough to guard, and tough to play against.

Fields is a player who can do everything, a player who is good at everything, but a master of nothing. Only drawback to him was his drop in production like Demar, but with the ability to be with the team and coaches all off-season, somethings could flow.

Comment

I don't think it is a huge improvement. But yeah I guess it is an upgrade. I really do want to see what a healthy Kleiza can do
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

They also have wright now aswell, I can't imagine them keeping Iggy around much longer

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      I don't think it is a huge improvement. But yeah I guess it is an upgrade. I really do want to see what a healthy Kleiza can do
                      Same here. He's gritty, cold-blooded, and unselfish. Also has super long range, even though he's streaky at times

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                        They also have wright now aswell, I can't imagine them keeping Iggy around much longer
                        That's right, I knew I was missing somebody.

I also took a look at Philly's forum, specifically the article about Wright's acquisition. The consensus seemed to be that Philly was doing with wings what Minny did a few years ago with PGs... collecting as many as possible for god knows what reason! lol They seemed to think the writing was on the wall for Iggy, hoping mainly for an upgrade at PF - several of them were mentioning one of Utah's many PFs as a potential target (mainly Jefferson).

I'm not sure what interest Philly might have in Amir or Davis. Davis would seem to fit with their young core the best, especially given his price-VS-upside. Amir is also young and he seems to be the exact type of blue-collar inside PF that would fit well in Philly. If Calderon was unloaded in a separate deal (bringing no more than roughly $4.5M back), then Toronto could conceivably trade Amir to Philly for Iggy outright, though it would definitely need some sweeteners (ie: draft picks), because I doubt Amir and an $8.7M TPE (and cost savings) would be enough on its own.

Comment

That's right, I knew I was missing somebody.

I also took a look at Philly's forum, specifically the article about Wright's acquisition. The consensus seemed to be that Philly was doing with wings what Minny did a few years ago with PGs... collecting as many as possible for god knows what reason! lol They seemed to think the writing was on the wall for Iggy, hoping mainly for an upgrade at PF - several of them were mentioning one of Utah's many PFs as a potential target (mainly Jefferson).

I'm not sure what interest Philly might have in Amir or Davis. Davis would seem to fit with their young core the best, especially given his price-VS-upside. Amir is also young and he seems to be the exact type of blue-collar inside PF that would fit well in Philly. If Calderon was unloaded in a separate deal (bringing no more than roughly $4.5M back), then Toronto could conceivably trade Amir to Philly for Iggy outright, though it would definitely need some sweeteners (ie: draft picks), because I doubt Amir and an $8.7M TPE (and cost savings) would be enough on its own.
                          Philly needs centers and power forwards more than anything. They went out and got Kwame Brown of all people. If we could get a center for Calderon and then use that with a trade for Iggy (with either Amir or Ed) I think that might be enough to get Iggy.

If Utah is willing to part with Jefferson (would give more minutes to Kanter and Favors) then a 3-way trade like this might work:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6opnfx4

Toronto: Iggy & Watson
                          Philly: Jefferson
                          Utah: Calderon, DeRozan, Davis

Utah has a weak backcourt. Calderon and DeRozan would be a big upgrade. Davis would give them some bench depth. They just acquired Mo Williams, but he's a combo guard, and can play the 2 with DD as Calderon takes the primary PG position. AJ has an expiring contract which would benefit Philly and give them a true center that they can use next year. Earl Watson would be an okay backup PG for us. I'd take him over Uzoh.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Philly needs centers and power forwards more than anything. They went out and got Kwame Brown of all people. If we could get a center for Calderon and then use that with a trade for Iggy (with either Amir or Ed) I think that might be enough to get Iggy.

If Utah is willing to part with Jefferson (would give more minutes to Kanter and Favors) then a 3-way trade like this might work:

Utah has a weak backcourt. Calderon and DeRozan would be a big upgrade. Davis would give them some bench depth. They just acquired Mo Williams, but he's a combo guard, and can play the 2 with DD as Calderon takes the primary PG position. AJ has an expiring contract which would benefit Philly and give them a true center that they can use next year. Earl Watson would be an okay backup PG for us. I'd take him over Uzoh.
                            I'll cosign that trade. Good stuff dude.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Interesting idea to work with Utah. I remember reading that they had interest in Calderon last year, but wanted us to take on Harris' contract, as opposed to just using the Okur TPE. I had written them off as a potential trade partner, since they had traded for Williams, but you're absolutely right that he's a combo-guard who could split time at PG/SG. Very interesting...

If Utah wasn't interested in Calderon, a deal could also be worked out with Boston & Dallas (per Matt's idea) to send Terry to Boston (S&T) and Calderon to Dallas. Whatever piece needs to come from Dallas (Jones or Carter maybe) and possibly Boston (a 2nd round pick as thanks for doing Terry as S&T?), could be included with a flip to Utah in mind. If Utah wanted to shed salary, they could take Carter, with Toronto providing the $2M to cover the cost of his buyout (in addition to Davis and/or DeRozan).

Comment

Working...
                              X