Would you wait for a SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you wait for a SF?

With easy answers not found for our SF spot in free agency, do we get the next best fit or hold out for something else. I say this as, if I have this right, teams do not have to be under the luxury tax until the trade deadline. Memphis or Philly might not be in such a rush now but what happens if that part of the season hits and things aren't going as well as they hoped. Memphis particularly would be up against the tax without making a move. Or, nothing might happen and we would just be where we are now. So, would you be ok to go the first few months of the season with SF by committee (Fields, JJ, Kleiza) and hold out for that possibility? Should we save ourselves for that?

I don't see why not. I'm sure Fields and co. can hold the fort until a replacement is found.. if needed.

Comment

Yeah I would wait. No need to pick up a player for the sake of picking up a player. There should be better options by the trade deadline.

Comment

Rome wasn't built in a day
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nothing wrong with Fields/Kleiza splitting time at the 3 for the short-term. Who knows, maybe T-Ross ends up being the next Mitch Richmond or Michael Finley (fingers crossed ) and a wing upgrade isn't even needed. No sense in rushing it if the right deal doesn't exist.

Comment

I want the Raptors to make the right move not just any move.

If nothing is out there, don't force it.

Comment

If the Knicks don't match, I'm convinced that Fields can do a decent job.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Isn't there a risk of going into next summer without our SF position solved? Our draft pick is most likely going to Houston, and cap space will be required to re-up DeRozan.

Feels like it's now or never to address our SF hole.

Comment

Has Fields even played SF while with the Knicks? I just don't seem him effectively guarding 3s like Gay, Iggy, Granger, Gallo not to mention Melo, Durant, James, Pierce.

I would wait for a SF. Im hoping that Ross can effectively play the 3 though. Is a trade of Ross for a SF out of the question? I could see Philly, for an example, more interested in trading Iggy for Ross than DD as Ross has just entered his rookie contract

Comment

I don't have a source to confirm, but going by memory, it seems that the majority of Fields' career has been played at SF.

Comment

In that case id sit on the SF position now. If Fields could start and Ross/JJ play backup 3 that would be great.

This of course is assuming that Ross was drafted to one day start with DD.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Rome wasn't built in a day
                        rome would have risen and fallen by the time raptors get a competent team

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
                          In that case id sit on the SF position now. If Fields could start and Ross/JJ play backup 3 that would be great.

This of course is assuming that Ross was drafted to one day start with DD.
                          I don't think he was drafted to one day start with DD.

I believe he was drafted because he was what they considered the best talent on the board at their selection.

It definitely flew in the face of 'analysts' and 'mock draft experts' but they are not the opinions who matter.

Comment

he was drafted because we needed a upgrade at just about every position
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              I don't see why not. I'm sure Fields and co. can hold the fort until a replacement is found.. if needed.
                              If by "hold the fort" you mean "guide the team into the lottery", then you're correct.

Question: What kind of a team overpays an RFA by double his worth so they can play him out of position? (Hint: us)

Comment

Working...
                              X