X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Superjudge acknowledges nothing except Superjudge.
    What can i say, I have a taste for nice things.

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    That's not a rumour. That's some guy throwing out the name of every young, relatively cheap, under-performing guard out there and saying they're a possible Lakers target.
    Nicely said. ESPN 710 LA was reporting today that Butler from CHI is interested in joining Lakers.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Rumors around the Lakers being interested in T Ross

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2...-terrence-ross

Thoughts?
    That's not a rumour. That's some guy throwing out the name of every young, relatively cheap, under-performing guard out there and saying they're a possible Lakers target.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Ross has more value as a Raptor.. keep him and give him a low ball contract because he deserves it. Then trade him a year later when he has more value.

He'd be fine as a 8th/9th man off the bench. Just give him 15-20mpg max and if he looks lost take him out.

Ross is not a cancer. He's annoying to watch but I'd like to see how he performs under a different coach. Guy has lots of athleticism and a smooth shot. He has the tools to be really good.. but he doesn't need to be coddled anymore.
    That's what kills me about Ross. He has all the tools to be an elite level player, but it's like being a great player doesn't appeal to him. Frustrating to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Ross has more value as a Raptor.. keep him and give him a low ball contract because he deserves it. Then trade him a year later when he has more value.

He'd be fine as a 8th/9th man off the bench. Just give him 15-20mpg max and if he looks lost take him out.

Ross is not a cancer. He's annoying to watch but I'd like to see how he performs under a different coach. Guy has lots of athleticism and a smooth shot. He has the tools to be really good.. but he doesn't need to be coddled anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    As much as I would be satisfied to see Ross traded for almost anything, I have a deep fear that as soon as he is gone, a switch will flip in his brain and he will start to care about his game, and he will turn into the player we all want him to be.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    I don't know if I would pull the trigger on that trade. Jordan Hill doesn't exactly move the needle for us and the draft pick is pretty low. I'd rather try to use Ross in a trade that fixes one of the holes on this roster. As Dan H mentioned, he has a great NBA skill set and there has to be some team out there that values it.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, yeah. Come on, we can all acknowledge that he is a very good three point shooter while still understanding his overall deficiencies, yes?
    Superjudge acknowledges nothing except Superjudge.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    ugh. well, then I hope he finds a 3 point shot this year

Yeah, yeah. Come on, we can all acknowledge that he is a very good three point shooter while still understanding his overall deficiencies, yes?

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    I wouldn't take that deal, even if the team was going to be blown up.

I think we should flip Derozan + Casey for a couple of draft picks + young talent + a new assistant coach and keep Ross to have him start.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    ugh. well, then I hope he finds a 3 point shot this year

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Ross' skill set is his great off ball transition game and his three point shooting. Mostly his three point shooting.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Suppose I could live with Ross for 27 and 34, though I'd have been happier about it before those promising Internationals withdrew from the draft.

Hate giving up on a guy with Ross' skill set though. Would probably not do the trade myself, though I wouldn't call for Ujiri's head if it went down.
    Whats his "Skillset"?

I cheer for this kid as much as the next guy, but at some point, "potential" has to become kinetic.... if it doesn't, than really, it was never there to start with. I'm thinking Ross has one more year here in Toronto, if he hasn't figured it out by then, he won't be here long.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I'd like a pick plus player for Ross, and the only good target on their team would be Ed Davis (and he has a player option for this coming season). Nick Young and Jordan Hill aren't exactly enticing trade pieces.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Suppose I could live with Ross for 27 and 34, though I'd have been happier about it before those promising Internationals withdrew from the draft.

Hate giving up on a guy with Ross' skill set though. Would probably not do the trade myself, though I wouldn't call for Ujiri's head if it went down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X