Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evaluating players defensively

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Maybe this shines some light on what their role is withing the organisation. It's from a Magic blog article (from 2010) I read some time ago about Hedo Turkoglu. The role will be somewhat expanded now, because they joined that season after trades had been made and the draft had taken place. Of course they can't stop Bosh from leaving, so I don't see much of a relation between their influence or performance in the decline from 2009/10 to 2010/11.

    Part I of the interview with Keith Boyarsky and Alex Rucker
    Part II
    I actually read some great stuff in there


    Its Jay, not Colangelo, who brought these guys in. Not suprising to his statement about where most of his work is with the coaches and a smaller portion with the GM

    people, who know how to use stats anyways, weren't looking at just Hedo's Per 36 minute stats... in fact they are looking at numbers much more complex than that.

    well perhaps one of the bigger problems was having too many ball handlers on the floor at one time. Considering Hedo - Jacks - Jose's defensive limitations, using him (or them) as much as they did seems like a serious inefficiency. Which makes me ask the same question I did above - was this a stats/coaches decision or a GM decisions? (ie. I payed these guys they need to play?)


    While I absolutely agree the Raps defensive problems were many, I can't say I agree that Hedo wasn't part of that problem.


    I'm glad the Raps are using more analysis. Its becoming more and more important around the NBA. But I can't say I'm going to put a ton of reliance on a guy who hides behind an iron curtain (out of necessity I understand) with a conflict of interest. Atleast not until he has a track record to prove it.

    Comment


    • #17
      Craiger wrote: View Post
      I'm glad the Raps are using more analysis. Its becoming more and more important around the NBA. But I can't say I'm going to put a ton of reliance on a guy who hides behind an iron curtain (out of necessity I understand) with a conflict of interest. Atleast not until he has a track record to prove it.
      I tried to find something more about this guy, Alex Rucker. But I can't find a cv or something like it; no clue what his background is. And so far the only thing I found out about Keith Boyarsky is that he probably plays poker. Didn't search for too long though.

      Comment


      • #18
        Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        I tried to find something more about this guy, Alex Rucker. But I can't find a cv or something like it; no clue what his background is. And so far the only thing I found out about Keith Boyarsky is that he probably plays poker. Didn't search for too long though.
        from the interview you posted they worked with Jay at Simon Frasier. How and to what capacity though I do not know.

        Comment


        • #19
          Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          And I will raise my glass tonight in honor of your (Matt) past services to our community! Sincere thanks!
          Somewhat related.

          I went out to for a drink with a couple of co-workers Wednesday and raised my glass to the improved Toronto Raptors. One guy tried to stop me by playfully swatting the bill towards my glass. Problem is he missed the glass and hit my left eye. Net result is a scratched and bruised eye, and $380 in ophthamologist and antibiotics bills.

          It's hard to be a Raptors fan.

          Comment


          • #20
            Ouch
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

            Comment


            • #21
              Hugmenot wrote: View Post
              Somewhat related.

              I went out to for a drink with a couple of co-workers Wednesday and raised my glass to the improved Toronto Raptors. One guy tried to stop me by playfully swatting the bill towards my glass. Problem is he missed the glass and hit my left eye. Net result is a scratched and bruised eye, and $380 in ophthamologist and antibiotics bills.

              It's hard to be a Raptors fan.
              Just another day in Raptorland

              Comment


              • #22
                Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                Somewhat related.

                I went out to for a drink with a couple of co-workers Wednesday and raised my glass to the improved Toronto Raptors. One guy tried to stop me by playfully swatting the bill towards my glass. Problem is he missed the glass and hit my left eye. Net result is a scratched and bruised eye, and $380 in ophthamologist and antibiotics bills.

                It's hard to be a Raptors fan.
                Too bad...no Obamacare??

                Comment


                • #23
                  If he's canadian, probably not...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Vykis wrote: View Post
                    If he's canadian, probably not...
                    No, Obamacare applies to Green Card holders as well as citizens.

                    Obamacare is not socialized medicine in the Canadian sense. For me personally, the only current impact on my life is positive as it allows me to cover my grown up daughter under my insurance policy.

                    The $380 bills were my cost with insurance; it would have amounted to more than $2,000 without insurance. Medical care is very expensive and one bad uninsured event can bring a family into major debts. It's just a (painful) reality of living in the States.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                      No, Obamacare applies to Green Card holders as well as citizens.

                      Obamacare is not socialized medicine in the Canadian sense. For me personally, the only current impact on my life is positive as it allows me to cover my grown up daughter under my insurance policy.

                      The $380 bills were my cost with insurance; it would have amounted to more than $2,000 without insurance. Medical care is very expensive and one bad uninsured event can bring a family into major debts. It's just a (painful) reality of living in the States.
                      I feel your pain. Ouch. And yeah, I was reading that the #1 cause of bankruptcy in the US is a result of health bills.
                      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X