Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before anyone suggests getting Andray Blatche, I'm stopping you from doing it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before anyone suggests getting Andray Blatche, I'm stopping you from doing it.

This is a Blatche-block thread.

If I hear anyone say that picking up Andray Blatche up off of the Amnesty Waivers is a good idea, I'm not sure what I would do. So I'm putting a stop to it, before it begins.

Its amazing how the situation has turned for him though. I remember just a few years ago he was an untradable asset that was sure to be an All-Star ... Whoops.

"Andray did not figure into our future plans, and using the amnesty provision is a mutually beneficial opportunity for us to part ways," Wizards team president Ernie Grunfeld said.

Blatche was shot during a carjacking attempt in September 2005, was arrested in 2007 for soliciting sex from an undercover police officer and suspended for a game in December 2010 for brawling with teammate JaVale McGee outside a Washington nightclub.

He also clashed with coaches. In January 2010, then-coach Flip Saunders suspended him for a game after he was belligerent with the coaching staff.

At last season's home opener, Blatche addressed the crowd by saying: "This is your captain, Andray Blatche," and after the game complained there weren't enough plays being run for him.
    Source

Good idea for a thread. I wouldn't want us to sign Blatche in a million years

Comment

didn't think anyone would and with his history hell be lucky to even get a new contract

Comment

Some dumbass team will trust me

Comment

He wouldn't fit well with this team anyways, and that's not just an excuse. Not good enough of a defender in the paint and doesn't understand team concept.

Comment

Nope.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Actually I could see Boston picking him up. A vet team that can handle a numb-skull like him.

But for a young, developing, relatively cohesive group like the Raptors, it would be the equivalent of getting the Lethal Injection.

Comment

Agree

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  my guess is he's a Bobcat by friday LOL

Comment

In about half a year Washington turned their twisted culture totally around by getting rid of the poop and getting some professional players so John Wall can do some basketball developing; that wasn't happening with all those guys there.

Comment

I still remember how Jack Armstrong would center him out and do a rant on air about how bad this guy was every time we played the Wiz. He isn't usually overly negative about players so it always struck me as odd.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                        I still remember how Jack Armstrong would center him out and do a rant on air about how bad this guy was every time we played the Wiz. He isn't usually overly negative about players so it always struck me as odd.
                        It's not odd. He was simply bad. Cancer bad and the rotten apple that ruined the rest of the bunch. No one's going to change him, not even himself.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

If I hear anyone say that picking up Andray Blatche up off of the Amnesty Waivers is a good idea, I'm not sure what I would do. So I'm putting a stop to it, before it begins.

Its amazing how the situation has turned for him though. I remember just a few years ago he was an untradable asset that was sure to be an All-Star ... Whoops.
                          The proactiveness of this thread made me chuckle. I was thinking I'd see a thread suggesting the Raptors should sign him, just like every other knucklehead who hits the market. If they moved JJ for a crap pick there is no chance they go after this guy. Colangelo doesn't go after knuckleheads. It's a proven track record.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

what? you don't want this guy?

He went so far this lockout as to invite all his teammates to work out with him in order to stay in shape. Sure no one went, and he turned up to training camp out of shape. But its the thought that counts. Plus he offers leadership, asking to be the team captain and all.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                              what? you don't want this guy?

He went so far this lockout as to invite all his teammates to work out with him in order to stay in shape. Sure no one went, and he turned up to training camp out of shape. But its the thought that counts. Plus he offers leadership, asking to be the team captain and all.
                              I die every time I see that video lol.

On a serious note some team will sign him for sure and Joey might be right in the Celtics having a look at him. If your a veteran team with strong (disciplined) personalities he may be worth the gamble (low risk/high reward). Should be interesting to see which team takes that chance on him. TO 110% will not be that team.

Comment

Working...
                              X