Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before anyone suggests getting Andray Blatche, I'm stopping you from doing it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would absolutely love it if Sacramento took him. A team with Cousins, Evans and Blatche would be a lot of fun to watch.

... however I do see a veteran team like Boston, LA, or SA taking a chance on him. He has a lot of talent, so if they can figure out how to get through to him - he'd be a solid pickup.

Comment

what possesses people to spell their childrens' names incorrectly on their birth certificates? Were they trying to ghetto-ify him right out of the gate, or were they really too stupid to spell "ANDRE" correctly?

this isn't a race thing... i've noticed white people do it too sometimes....

i watch alot of Maury.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        what possesses people to spell their childrens' names incorrectly on their birth certificates? Were they trying to ghetto-ify him right out of the gate, or were they really too stupid to spell "ANDRE" correctly?

i watch alot of Maury.
        bad spelling i guess. kind of like a lot. people usually just spell it alot when that is wrong. whites and blacks do it

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post

i watch alot of Maury.
          My theory is that black people in the US have done it as a means to set themselves apart.

If you read someone's name and it's O'Brian or Silverman or Muhammad or Ying you have a good idea of their race right away, but African Americans lost that privilege generations ago so they spell their first names different from the commonly accepted ways of white America to stand out.

Ironically if Malcolm Gladwell is right it's only hurting their chances of getting a job.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            The proactiveness of this thread made me chuckle.
            Haha Figured I'd nip this one in the bud. Was not looking forward to the debates it would have inevitably caused.

And I agree that Colangelo probably wouldn't even pick up the phone if Blatche called him himself.
            But alas, there are always those who feel they could be a better BC than BC. Hah

Comment

New Jersey looking at him ... BUT ... They won't even offer a Guarenteed Contract. Man, this guy has to be seriously questioning himself as a professional.

Even if the Brooklyn Nets take a flyer on Andray Blatche, they won't be offering the free agent big man a guaranteed contract, league sources told ESPN NewYork.com.

The Nets currently have 13 players with guaranteed contracts. If they do fill their remaining two spots, they will be with training camp invites/non-guaranteed deals who end up winning the spots, league sources said.

Looking to explore all of their options, Nets coach Avery Johnson will meet with Blatche sometime over the weekend, league sources confirmed.

Both Johnson and Blatche are living in the Houston area during the offseason, which makes it easy for them to meet with one another.

The Nets are still looking for more depth up front. They currently lack a traditional center to play behind starter Brook Lopez and worked out Eddy Curry and Hilton Armstrong on Wednesday. Armstrong signed a contract to play in Greece the next day.

Blatche, 26, stands 6-foot-11 and isn't a traditional center, but is certainly an intriguing talent. He averaged career highs of 16.8 points and 8.3 rebounds per game for the Washington Wizards in 2010-11, but was amnestied by the team this offseason due to poor play and questionable off-court behavior.
              Source

Comment

Poor Andray has been the point of ridicule and criticism. People forget his efforts as an unofficial social coordinator in Washington. His "lapdance Tuesdays" was a real morale booster for the Wizards.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/...urn=nba,wp2579

Comment

i think the heat or lakers are the best thing for him. take the one or two year non guarenteed contract, focus on the game and listen to the leaders. he has already got paid, time to grow as a person and maybe stay in the league.

can't stand the guy and everything he is getting is deserved but he can still turn this around. he had talent, just got drafted into the worst possible scenario for someone as mental as him.

Comment

I can't see why the Heat wouldn't take a flyer on him. They basically did the same thing last year with Curry...low-risk flyer on a knucklehead with talent. Dallas is also a possibility I'd think, if the price is right. I wouldn't want him to step foot in Toronto, but there will ALWAYS be a paycheque in the NBA for 6'11 athletic big men, regardless of how much of a numskull they are.

Comment

Spurs should give him a chance to put things together. Pop's system always makes any guy productive.
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

The Spurs system doesn't make players any smarter, any more dedicated, any more disciplined and doesn't make then give more effort. It really only benefits players that have those qualities but may be lacking in certain areas of their game.

Though I would thoroughly enjoy seeing Pop verbally annihilate Blatche, he doesn't deserve the hassle.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Can't pull up the tweet on here (mobile), but Mark Spears tweeted that Blatche signed a deal with the Nets

Comment

According to the Washington Post the non guaranteed deal with the Nets is not a done deal and the Miami Heat are still in the running for Blatche. All reports indicate that John Lucas has whipped Andray into shape in Houston this summer.

Comment

John Lucas I, II, or III?

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                                The Spurs system doesn't make players any smarter, any more dedicated, any more disciplined and doesn't make then give more effort. It really only benefits players that have those qualities but may be lacking in certain areas of their game.

Though I would thoroughly enjoy seeing Pop verbally annihilate Blatche, he doesn't deserve the hassle.
                                Those who follow Boris Diaw and Stephen Jackson may say otherwise.

Not saying the Spurs should pursue Blatche, but if any organization can change a player its the Spurs.

Comment

Working...
                                X