Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your 2012/2013 Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blacklash2k4
    replied
    theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post


    Pumping me up for next season
    That made me so hyped

    Leave a comment:


  • NoPropsneeded
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    Yes, 3 teams are worse, but not all 3 teams are worse than the Raptors. And 2 teams that weren't playoff teams got better. Brooklyn being the obvious one, and I think Milwaukee has a real shot at the playoffs. They practically got Dalembert for free, Ilyasova is getting better, scoring from Ellis and Jennings, and have some quality young big men in Udoh and Henson. The Hawks are definitely worse, but I think they're still better than us at this point.

    Orlando -- either they fail to trade Dwight and they're still a playoff team (though a poor one, and fights Atlanta for that final spot), or Orlando takes back nothing then we'll be watching for who becomes that lucky 3rd team involved. The teams I think who will be absolutely worse than us are: Philly, Charlotte, Detroit.

    Teams that I feel are definitely better than us: Miami, Boston, Indiana, Chicago, Brooklyn, New York, Milwaukee, Atlanta. That's 8 teams, 8 playoff spots.

    Teams on the bubble: Washington, Cleveland, Orlando and us. Cleveland has been rumored as the 3rd team to help broker the Dwight Howard deal, so if that happens at some point either in the next few weeks or during the season, then Cleveland has a chance to make big strides depending on who they end up with (Bynum, for example, would vault them into playoff contention). I agree that Washington on paper are similar to us, except they have more veteran experience. I could see them knocking off Atlanta if they can pull it all together.
    Brooklyn is not that much better than us and i think they'll be fighting for the 8th spot too. Who did they really add besides Joe Johnson(who is starting to decline). We should be whooping their ass's, Lowry will be all up in D Will's face

    Leave a comment:


  • Quirk
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Sorry, I don't care what Wins Produced indicates, I don't see Fields as any sort of upgrade over what was there.
    Fair enough, can you fill me in on your methodolology?

    Also, Lowry may not be a significant upgrade over Calderon indivudually, but probably fits a Casey team much better.

    Leave a comment:


  • thead
    replied
    that was awesome lol

    Leave a comment:


  • theycallmeZZ
    replied


    Pumping me up for next season

    Leave a comment:


  • mcHAPPY
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    Yes, 3 teams are worse, but not all 3 teams are worse than the Raptors. And 2 teams that weren't playoff teams got better. Brooklyn being the obvious one, and I think Milwaukee has a real shot at the playoffs. They practically got Dalembert for free, Ilyasova is getting better, scoring from Ellis and Jennings, and have some quality young big men in Udoh and Henson. The Hawks are definitely worse, but I think they're still better than us at this point.

    Orlando -- either they fail to trade Dwight and they're still a playoff team (though a poor one, and fights Atlanta for that final spot), or Orlando takes back nothing then we'll be watching for who becomes that lucky 3rd team involved. The teams I think who will be absolutely worse than us are: Philly, Charlotte, Detroit.

    Teams that I feel are definitely better than us: Miami, Boston, Indiana, Chicago, Brooklyn, New York, Milwaukee, Atlanta. That's 8 teams, 8 playoff spots.

    Teams on the bubble: Washington, Cleveland, Orlando and us. Cleveland has been rumored as the 3rd team to help broker the Dwight Howard deal, so if that happens at some point either in the next few weeks or during the season, then Cleveland has a chance to make big strides depending on who they end up with (Bynum, for example, would vault them into playoff contention). I agree that Washington on paper are similar to us, except they have more veteran experience. I could see them knocking off Atlanta if they can pull it all together.
    Worse than the Raptors remains to be seen.

    I put the Raptors right in there with Milwaukee and Atlanta - along with possibly Cleveland and Washington. Not sold on Dalembert - another year older and he has only averaged 23 minutes per game the last 2 years. Atlanta is tough to figure out and I'm not going to make an opinion that I don't have any faith in. Cleveland is similar to Toronto and Washington has a lot of vets. I am 100% convinced Dwama will be played out by training camp and Orlando is going to stink.

    Raps went from worse defensive team to an average one in a lockout shortened season, no training camp, and limited practice time. Add in the players they have, and I expect a better defensive squad. Raps were the only non-playoff team in top 10 of oppFG %. I think that is an important stat and bodes well for the team moving forward.

    What I am most excited about is the Raps have (at least on paper) become better and what I am hoping for is no injuries resulting in major lost time to Bargnani or Lowry (fingers crossed, knock on wood, throw some salt/pepper over the shoulder, kiss a leprechaun, whatever else is good supposed to be good luck).

    Leave a comment:


  • ebrian
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Assuming health, I think the playoffs are a real possibility this year.

    3 teams that were playoff calibre last year are now worse, in my opinion: Philly (no bigs and minus leading scorer), Atlanta (minus 1 all-star), and soon-to-be Orlando (do not even want an established player in return and gunning for worst winning % of all time as Charlotte breathes a sigh of relief).
    Yes, 3 teams are worse, but not all 3 teams are worse than the Raptors. And 2 teams that weren't playoff teams got better. Brooklyn being the obvious one, and I think Milwaukee has a real shot at the playoffs. They practically got Dalembert for free, Ilyasova is getting better, scoring from Ellis and Jennings, and have some quality young big men in Udoh and Henson. The Hawks are definitely worse, but I think they're still better than us at this point.

    Orlando -- either they fail to trade Dwight and they're still a playoff team (though a poor one, and fights Atlanta for that final spot), or Orlando takes back nothing then we'll be watching for who becomes that lucky 3rd team involved. The teams I think who will be absolutely worse than us are: Philly, Charlotte, Detroit.

    Teams that I feel are definitely better than us: Miami, Boston, Indiana, Chicago, Brooklyn, New York, Milwaukee, Atlanta. That's 8 teams, 8 playoff spots.

    Teams on the bubble: Washington, Cleveland, Orlando and us. Cleveland has been rumored as the 3rd team to help broker the Dwight Howard deal, so if that happens at some point either in the next few weeks or during the season, then Cleveland has a chance to make big strides depending on who they end up with (Bynum, for example, would vault them into playoff contention). I agree that Washington on paper are similar to us, except they have more veteran experience. I could see them knocking off Atlanta if they can pull it all together.

    Leave a comment:


  • mcHAPPY
    replied
    dub

    Please tell me the raps arent done with moves? They have a disgruntled backup pg that they owe 10 mil for this season, they got rid of their best wing defender in johnson, and they still do not have a starting calibre sf. They went into the offseason with nearly the most money to spend and still made little movement.

    Yannis Koutroupis
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-yannis-72012


    The cynicism in my says, "More bullshit from BC."

    However, what is he going to say? GM's job is to keep working to improve the team.

    Personally though, if the Raps go in to 2012-13 with this lineup below, it is not from a lack of trying by BC to get something done:

    PG: Lowry, Calderon, JL3
    SG: DD, TR
    SF: Fields, Kleiza
    PF: Bargnani, Amir, ED, Acy
    C: JV, Gray

    (Andersen, Magloire likely final additions with above)

    Leave a comment:


  • Miekenstien
    replied
    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...719/daily-dime

    a little espn positivity. hope morrison can get picked up by a team. too bad he is so slow.

    Leave a comment:


  • mcHAPPY
    replied

    Where was DeMar? Does this mean he will be traded?

    lol - totally joking.

    Leave a comment:


  • mcHAPPY
    replied
    • Casey’s goal for the team is to make the playoffs this season. “I’m not going to guarantee it,” he said, “but it’s a goal. The goal is always to build something, and keep improving. I think it’s a definite possibility.”

    http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012...otten-raptors/

    Leave a comment:


  • mcHAPPY
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    touche but Washington and Brooklyn have got a lot better
    Washington will be interesting but I question their coach.

    Brooklyn is a given for one of those 3 playoff spots.

    Leave a comment:


  • Miekenstien
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    touche but Washington and Brooklyn have got a lot better
    i think washington is in the same boat as us. better on paper but yet to prove themselves. they have a higher ceiling then us for this year i think though.

    brooklyn to me can fall off big time if lopez injures himself again. they are going to rely on both dwill and johnson to score 20 a night. i am not sold on the nets. they could very well end up being another over the top media blitz like the knicks.

    right now i would say we are fighting for 8th-6th in the east, with the teams you mentioned.

    Leave a comment:


  • thead
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Assuming health, I think the playoffs are a real possibility this year.

    3 teams that were playoff calibre last year are now worse, in my opinion: Philly (no bigs and minus leading scorer), Atlanta (minus 1 all-star), and soon-to-be Orlando (do not even want an established player in return and gunning for worst winning % of all time as Charlotte breathes a sigh of relief).
    touche but Washington and Brooklyn have got a lot better

    Leave a comment:


  • theycallmeZZ
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    he isn't chinese though. i know china outwardly says taiwan is china but the chinese hate taiwanese people. it won't be the same as yao. it won't be small because the government will push him at the people but later when he refuses a request they make he will be attacked.
    I actually think people will still vote for him due to Asian heritage in general. Especially the North American Asian population, which is huge and want some kind of identity in the All-Star game.

    There will still be many others who were inspired by his sensationalist story and would want to vote for him, regardless of heritage.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X