Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Im wondering if a duo of Lucas and Uzoh would be enough behind Lowry? If yes, right now, sadly, if Calderon really wants to be traded, trade him for picks and bring those 2 aboard.
    it might have to be if lucas' deal is in the 2.5 million area it is a bit high for an end of bench guy you can get for vets minimum. if jose is sent out and replaced by lucas only, our strength at pg will be seriously compromised.

    Comment


    • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Could you try to answer my post, witch is related to the topic?
      Sorry charlesnba23. Childish trolls always seem to get the best of everyone on the internet. As for the original post, I'm not 100% sold on Lucas just yet. He played really well when Rose got injured and he was CJ Watson's backup, but like Lin, I feel like it's not a big enough sample size to really tell whether he can really play that well on a consistent basis. I'm not sure whether he can handle a full time back-up PG to Lowry. What worries me is if Lowry gets injured and we're stuck with Lucas and Uzoh as our PGs. I wouldn't be too opposed to having Lucas as our back-up PG, but it makes one worry about the situation where Lowry get injured.

      Comment


      • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        it might have to be if lucas' deal is in the 2.5 million area it is a bit high for an end of bench guy you can get for vets minimum. if jose is sent out and replaced by lucas only, our strength at pg will be seriously compromised.
        $2.5 mill per year? I'm a bit on the fence about that kind of contract. You're right. It's a bit high for a bench PG and it would compromise our strength at the PG position, but if he can produce as well as he can when Rose got injured, I would okay with that. I would just worried if Lowry somehow gets injured and we're stuck with JL3 as our starting PG. That's when it would really compromise our PG position and our playoff chances.

        Comment


        • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Im wondering if a duo of Lucas and Uzoh would be enough behind Lowry? If yes, right now, sadly, if Calderon really wants to be traded, trade him for picks and bring those 2 aboard.
          Uzoh and Lucas would definitely be an upgrade to Calderon. They should take whatever they can get for him, right away.

          Comment


          • keffyboy wrote: View Post
            Yeah, and he's great, bargnani's great, derozan is great, everyone is great but the raptors have sucked for years. he s the point guard and this team has sucked since he started being the point guard. don t blame him though cause he s got good stats.
            i disagree. there s more than stats. he s got no heart and it s dragged this team down.
            this team will improve if he leaves. i guarantee it.
            I'm sure their record will improve this year if/when Calderon leaves. But I'm sure it won't have anything to do with the addition of Valanciunas, Lowry, Fields, Ross, Acy, Lucas (maybe) and whoever else is added before/during the season, or the subtraction of Bayless and Johnson. Calderon was the only reason they didn't go far into the playoffs the past few years and his departure will be the only reason for any improvement on last season's record and/or placement in the standings. Makes sense.

            What about all the losses that piled up when Calderon was out with injury? What happened to winning as a team and losing as a team?

            I agree that Lowry is an upgrade at starting PG, but it's not fair to blame Calderon for the team's win/loss record last year or any year previous. We can agree to disagree on Calderon as a player, but please don't heap the blame for a team's failings on any one player.

            Comment


            • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I'm sure their record will improve this year if/when Calderon leaves. But I'm sure it won't have anything to do with the addition of Valanciunas, Lowry, Fields, Ross, Acy, Lucas (maybe) and whoever else is added before/during the season, or the subtraction of Bayless and Johnson. Calderon was the only reason they didn't go far into the playoffs the past few years and his departure will be the only reason for any improvement on last season's record and/or placement in the standings. Makes sense.

              What about all the losses that piled up when Calderon was out with injury? What happened to winning as a team and losing as a team?

              I agree that Lowry is an upgrade at starting PG, but it's not fair to blame Calderon for the team's win/loss record last year or any year previous. We can agree to disagree on Calderon as a player, but please don't heap the blame for a team's failings on any one player.
              Fair enough! I will agree with this!

              Comment


              • i disagree. one player can definitely spoil the team's success. he s been given ample oppurtunity to show himself a winner and in my opinion has failed miserable. there s more to basketball than being a nice guy, and if he s so good, why have they lost so much. a good player in his position would have done more.

                Comment


                • Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  Fair enough! I will agree with this!
                  -1.

                  Comment


                  • Since Bosh left town, Jose has been Toronto's best player.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

                    Comment


                    • keffyboy wrote: View Post
                      -1.
                      I've stop with the arguing. Why are you still going at me? I've stopped. Why won't you? Sigh.... Are you that immature?

                      Comment


                      • I was just saying that I disagree with your comment. Is that not allowed? Why are you still name calling???
                        Is someone going to say something to this guy?

                        Comment


                        • RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                          Since Bosh left town, Jose has been Toronto's best player.
                          I would have to disagree with that slightly. Jose was our best player in terms of facilitating the offense. Derozan and Barg have doing a pretty solid job as well the last two year. I'm willing to overlook that bad start to Demar's third year and look more at his performance on February onwards :P

                          Comment


                          • Yeah, noone on this team is terrible. They're all great.

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • This thread has lots of troll feeding and little JLIII chat, remember fellow internet users, don't feed the trolls.
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X