Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: Raptors Sign John Lucas III (#258)

http://twitter.com/intent/user?scree...=ESPNSteinLine
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...john-lucas-iii

John Lucas III?

I hope we don't have to give up too much for this guy

Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 07:06 PM.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Sweet

Comment

I remember reading a while back that the Raps and John Lucas III could have had a deal going, interesting.

So our PG spot could look like:

John Lucas III, Jose, Lowry

That is pretty deep. I like it.

Comment

Do you guys think he'd be OK to back up Lowry if Jose is traded? I always thought he was a good enough PG to be a backup, but I haven't seen him play much

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
            I remember reading a while back that the Raps and John Lucas III could have had a deal going, interesting.

So our PG spot could look like:

John Lucas III, Jose, Lowry

That is pretty deep. I like it.
            +1 I'd be fine if one of our point guards got injured if he was our 3rd

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
              Do you guys think he'd be OK to back up Lowry if Jose is traded? I always thought he was a good enough PG to be a backup, but I haven't seen him play much
              Hes definitely solid. His PER was through the roof when he first started to play when rose for injured. I think he's better than most if not all 3rd string pg's but I'm also not sure if I'd want him as our permanent backup.

Comment

I think were really find out if Calderon going to stay or go after signing how much money they throw JL3
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm a BIG jl3 fan. Love this signing.

Pretty well means Jose is definitely gone sooner than later though.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'd agree. He seems too good (based on that incredible sample size) to be a 3rd string but not sure if he's ready to be an everyday 2nd PG

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      I'd agree. He seems too good (based on that incredible sample size) to be a 3rd string but not sure if he's ready to be an everyday 2nd PG
                      Agree.

Comment

Post joses departure kyle will probably be playing 30-35 min ... lucas should be good enough to fill the rest of the minutes.

Comment

I can't wait for the naysayers to bash the signing.... Even though the Bulls and HEAT both wanted him.

I am not sure about everyday backup though. From his gamelog he seemed to play alright when given opportunity. To be working this long to crack the NBA, I am going to assume high character guy much like Andersen. Major assumption on my part.

Comment

@WolstatSun: Source confirms John Lucas III to Raptors report from Marc Stein/ESPN
                            Looks like its official

Comment

Depending on what the contract is for, I'm guessing 3rd stringer, not 2nd. I don't like his size especially since Lowry is already fairly short. I don't recall seeing him play so I cannot really comment on his play, but from what I see in this thread he'd make a decent 3rd stringer/backup - so I'm happy. That probably means the end of Uzoh... thanks for dropping a triple double when we needed a loss

Comment

Working...
                              X