Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible 2012-2013 Starting Lineups

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
    I am thinking......
    PG: Lowry
    SG; DeRozen
    SF: Bargnani
    PF: Davis
    C: JV
    Bargnani playing sf was a failed experiment and he will never play sf again
    Pg: Lowry
    Sg: Demar
    Sf: fields
    PF: Andrea
    C: Amir-JV

    Comment


    • #17
      RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      So our two sure fire core pieces will be coming off the bench? IMO I see them each having a breakout year.
      +1 I hope so

      Comment


      • #18
        I think this will be the line up:

        PG: Lowry
        SG: Fields
        SF: Derozan
        PF: Bargnani
        C: JV

        The reason I say Derozan should start at SF is because he can't shoot the three, a team's "shooting" guard needs to be able to stretch the floor.
        "Defense wins championships."

        Comment


        • #19
          SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
          I think this will be the line up:

          PG: Lowry
          SG: Fields
          SF: Derozan
          PF: Bargnani
          C: JV

          The reason I say Derozan should start at SF is because he can't shoot the three, a team's "shooting" guard needs to be able to stretch the floor.
          True. Landry will likely be the one guarding opposing 3's though, unless Demar actually bulks up

          Comment


          • #20
            PG: Lowry
            SG: Fields
            SF: IGGY!!
            PF: Bargnani ----> I will bet anyone her ethat he will make the all star team this year
            C: JV


            Raptors will get Iguadala...philly has Evan Turn who is a 3 and just drafted Moe Harkless who is also a 3...plus they'll stink ths year...they need a 2 and we have plenty..plus ed davis and maybe a pick

            Comment


            • #21
              PG: Kyle Lowry
              SG: Demar Derozan
              SF: Landry Fields
              PF: Andrea Bargnani
              C: Jonas Valanciunas (Beginning of season, Aaron Gray or Amir Johnson)

              Terrence Ross off the bench is in a role similar to James Harden's. The guy is a 3/D right now, huge spark plug. In addition, remember that the best sixth men have range, even if they are volume shooters, or guys with not great percentages, they can shoot from the outside. Names I can give, Harden, Crawford, Mike Miller, Barbosa, Jamison, J.R Smith.

              Comment


              • #22
                RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                PG: Kyle Lowry
                SG: Demar Derozan
                SF: Landry Fields
                PF: Andrea Bargnani
                C: Jonas Valanciunas (Beginning of season, Aaron Gray or Amir Johnson)

                Terrence Ross off the bench is in a role similar to James Harden's. The guy is a 3/D right now, huge spark plug. In addition, remember that the best sixth men have range, even if they are volume shooters, or guys with not great percentages, they can shoot from the outside. Names I can give, Harden, Crawford, Mike Miller, Barbosa, Jamison, J.R Smith.
                +1 the exact lineup I'm thinking. This is the most accurate, and i can almost guarantee that this will be the lineup when the season starts.

                Comment


                • #23
                  NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  +1 the exact lineup I'm thinking. This is the most accurate, and i can almost guarantee that this will be the lineup when the season starts.
                  Yeah, like my original post, beginning of the season, starting JV may not be the best in terms of just transitioning into the league, but down the road JV taking over is most likely.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I think this is a little premature given the off season is not over...... but never one to shy away from speculation:


                    Start Season:

                    PG: Lowry
                    SG: DeRozan
                    SF: Fields
                    PF: Bargnani
                    C: Gray


                    End of Season:

                    PG: Lowry
                    SG: Fields
                    SF: Gay/AI
                    PF: Bargnani
                    C: JV

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      My gut says that JV will be starting. He'll get limited minutes, but in my opinion will be starting over Gray/Amir.

                      I am still hoping we get a stud wing by the dead line.. so here are my starting line ups:

                      First game - Lowry, DeRozan, Fields, Bargnani, JV
                      Last game - Lowry, Ross, Iggy/Gay, Bargnani, JV

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        not sure if I want to give up DeRozan in a trade for someone like Iggy, who's numbers have been steadily declining ever since his rookie season. He scored 12.4 ppg last year and shot an AWFUL 61% from the FT line. meanwhile DeMar had 16.7 ppg, 81% from FT and only shot 3% less fg% then Iguodala, which is good considering he's an terrible shooter. and all of DeMar's numbers come with the fact that he's projected to go 20+ ppg this season
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          not sure if I want to give up DeRozan in a trade for someone like Iggy, who's numbers have been steadily declining ever since his rookie season. He scored 12.4 ppg last year and shot an AWFUL 61% from the FT line. meanwhile DeMar had 16.7 ppg, 81% from FT and only shot 3% less fg% then Iguodala, which is good considering he's an terrible shooter. and all of DeMar's numbers come with the fact that he's projected to go 20+ ppg this season
                          I disagree DD is projected to go 20+. His efficiency has been getting worse every year.

                          As for AI, I thought that as well. I think it was a post from thead that set me straight. Check AI's field goal attempts and shooting percentages. He has not declined in %'s except ft's and his fga per game have dropped by almost 6. Shooting 45% that is about 5.4 points per game (that is straight 2's, not including ft's or 3pt attempts). He has played a much different role since Dough Collins took over. Combine that with the defense, rebounding, and assists I think AI would be a great pick up - even if it meant losing DD.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I disagree DD is projected to go 20+. His efficiency has been getting worse every year.

                            As for AI, I thought that as well. I think it was a post from thead that set me straight. Check AI's field goal attempts and shooting percentages. He has not declined in %'s except ft's and his fga per game have dropped by almost 6. Shooting 45% that is about 5.4 points per game (that is straight 2's, not including ft's or 3pt attempts). He has played a much different role since Dough Collins took over. Combine that with the defense, rebounding, and assists I think AI would be a great pick up - even if it meant losing DD.
                            I'd rather have a young player on a possibility to break out rather than declining numbers proven on history.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              I'd rather have a young player on a possibility to break out rather than declining numbers proven on history.
                              But AI is not declining - except FT's. He is in his prime.

                              Would you rather a player in his prime versus a player who is possible to breakout while with another player with better skills waiting in the wings? At this point in time, I'd rather have AI given there is more potential in Ross, in my opinion.

                              New coach with new demands of him have affected his ppg. Everything else is on par.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I will eat Doc Naismith's hat if DD averages 20+ppg
                                @sweatpantsjer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X