Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible 2012-2013 Starting Lineups

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    ceez wrote: View Post
    I will eat Doc Naismith's hat if DD averages 20+ppg
    lol you better go find it then

    Comment


    • #32
      PG- Lowry
      SG- DD
      SF- Klieza
      PF- Bargs
      C - Start the year with Amir or Gray finish with JV
      @RavNation

      Comment


      • #33
        YYZ wrote: View Post
        PG- Lowry
        SG- DD
        SF- Klieza
        PF- Bargs
        C - Start the year with Amir or Gray finish with JV
        although Kleiza might start, I think the playing time will be split dead even between Landry and Kleiza
        Twitter - @thekid_it

        Comment


        • #34
          I posted what I thought would be the best starting 5 on the offensive end earlier with Lowry, Ross, DeMar, Bargs and JV, but I think the best defensive line up would be..

          Lowry
          Ross
          Anderson (was really impressed with his play last season)
          Amir
          Davis (Don't think JV will be ready to defend in his first year as well as Davis is now)

          Comment


          • #35
            Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I posted what I thought would be the best starting 5 on the offensive end earlier with Lowry, Ross, DeMar, Bargs and JV, but I think the best defensive line up would be..

            Lowry
            Ross
            Anderson (was really impressed with his play last season)
            Amir
            Davis (Don't think JV will be ready to defend in his first year as well as Davis is now)
            I agree with Anderson, except Landry will probably get that defensive spot instead (probably to try and make him earn the vast amount of money we offered)
            Twitter - @thekid_it

            Comment


            • #36
              isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              I agree with Anderson, except Landry will probably get that defensive spot instead (probably to try and make him earn the vast amount of money we offered)
              Don't remind me about that contract. It's like that ridiculous contract we gave Yogi Stewart...at least Fields is a solid player...

              I'm not sure where this notion came out that Fields is a good defender though. I watched a few games Knicks games last year and thought he was okay on defense, but not as good as implied on this site. He's smart, but doesn't have great lateral quicks or athletecism so he'a far from being a lock down type guy. Gonna have to ask Liston to do a comparison between James Johnson and Fields to get an idea of what kind of defender Fields is statistically.

              Comment


              • #37
                Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                Don't remind me about that contract. It's like that ridiculous contract we gave Yogi Stewart...at least Fields is a solid player...

                I'm not sure where this notion came out that Fields is a good defender though. I watched a few games Knicks games last year and thought he was okay on defense, but not as good as implied on this site. He's smart, but doesn't have great lateral quicks or athletecism so he'a far from being a lock down type guy. Gonna have to ask Liston to do a comparison between James Johnson and Fields to get an idea of what kind of defender Fields is statistically.
                as far as between Johnson and Fields go, I'm sure James would be a better post defender just based on his size (6-9 245), which is more useful against guys like Lebron.

                Keep in mind though that although Landry was a decent defender last year, he played mostly SG with the Knicks, and he'll play the forward position with the Raps. With that positional move comes slower guys who won't be as fast as the guards he used to matchup with.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

                Comment


                • #38
                  Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  But AI is not declining - except FT's. He is in his prime.

                  Would you rather a player in his prime versus a player who is possible to breakout while with another player with better skills waiting in the wings? At this point in time, I'd rather have AI given there is more potential in Ross, in my opinion.

                  New coach with new demands of him have affected his ppg. Everything else is on par.
                  I'm just not overly big on the possibility of giving up on potential talent, especially from a player who showed us a full season of great play. The guy I guess would say, did not live up to the expectations of his third season, but he sure as hell wasn't a bad player.

                  If anything, I would rather Rudy Gay than Andre Iguodala because of the age factor. With such a young team, I would just rather the team build, being the only way I give up core pieces are for superstars.

                  A player in his prime, at 28? Being the best player on a team only making the 8th seed. I don't know. It would be stupid to say, if AI was on this team rather than Derozan, we wouldn't improve, but how much really?

                  Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his game, but it's an iffy for me. Rudy Gay is a sure fire for me.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Start

                    Lowry
                    Demar
                    Fields
                    Bargs
                    Amir

                    End

                    Lowry
                    Fields
                    Iggy
                    Bargs
                    JVal

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      RaptorReuben the thing you also have to keep in mind is that Derozan is awful.

                      so ya.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Letter N wrote: View Post
                        RaptorReuben the thing you also have to keep in mind is that Derozan is awful.

                        so ya.
                        Derozan is most definitely not awful... Probably a 20 times better player than you.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          Derozan is most definitely not awful... Probably a 20 times better player than you.
                          ouch?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Letter N wrote: View Post
                            RaptorReuben the thing you also have to keep in mind is that Derozan is awful.

                            so ya.
                            and alan anderson is a hall of famer

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              and alan anderson is a hall of famer
                              Alan Anderson didn't shoot 56% from the line and 25% from 3pt last year.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Letter N wrote: View Post
                                Alan Anderson didn't shoot 56% from the line and 25% from 3pt last year.
                                dude derozan shot 81% from the line and 26% from 3. Get your stats right homes

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X