X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Derozan is most definitely not awful... Probably a 20 times better player than you.
    ouch?

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    RaptorReuben the thing you also have to keep in mind is that Derozan is awful.

so ya.
    Derozan is most definitely not awful... Probably a 20 times better player than you.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    RaptorReuben the thing you also have to keep in mind is that Derozan is awful.

so ya.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorTy
    replied
    Start

Lowry
    Demar
    Fields
    Bargs
    Amir

End

Lowry
    Fields
    Iggy
    Bargs
    JVal

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    But AI is not declining - except FT's. He is in his prime.

Would you rather a player in his prime versus a player who is possible to breakout while with another player with better skills waiting in the wings? At this point in time, I'd rather have AI given there is more potential in Ross, in my opinion.

New coach with new demands of him have affected his ppg. Everything else is on par.
    I'm just not overly big on the possibility of giving up on potential talent, especially from a player who showed us a full season of great play. The guy I guess would say, did not live up to the expectations of his third season, but he sure as hell wasn't a bad player.

If anything, I would rather Rudy Gay than Andre Iguodala because of the age factor. With such a young team, I would just rather the team build, being the only way I give up core pieces are for superstars.

A player in his prime, at 28? Being the best player on a team only making the 8th seed. I don't know. It would be stupid to say, if AI was on this team rather than Derozan, we wouldn't improve, but how much really?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his game, but it's an iffy for me. Rudy Gay is a sure fire for me.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Don't remind me about that contract. It's like that ridiculous contract we gave Yogi Stewart...at least Fields is a solid player...

I'm not sure where this notion came out that Fields is a good defender though. I watched a few games Knicks games last year and thought he was okay on defense, but not as good as implied on this site. He's smart, but doesn't have great lateral quicks or athletecism so he'a far from being a lock down type guy. Gonna have to ask Liston to do a comparison between James Johnson and Fields to get an idea of what kind of defender Fields is statistically.
    as far as between Johnson and Fields go, I'm sure James would be a better post defender just based on his size (6-9 245), which is more useful against guys like Lebron.

Keep in mind though that although Landry was a decent defender last year, he played mostly SG with the Knicks, and he'll play the forward position with the Raps. With that positional move comes slower guys who won't be as fast as the guards he used to matchup with.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I agree with Anderson, except Landry will probably get that defensive spot instead (probably to try and make him earn the vast amount of money we offered)
    Don't remind me about that contract. It's like that ridiculous contract we gave Yogi Stewart...at least Fields is a solid player...

I'm not sure where this notion came out that Fields is a good defender though. I watched a few games Knicks games last year and thought he was okay on defense, but not as good as implied on this site. He's smart, but doesn't have great lateral quicks or athletecism so he'a far from being a lock down type guy. Gonna have to ask Liston to do a comparison between James Johnson and Fields to get an idea of what kind of defender Fields is statistically.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I posted what I thought would be the best starting 5 on the offensive end earlier with Lowry, Ross, DeMar, Bargs and JV, but I think the best defensive line up would be..

Lowry
    Ross
    Anderson (was really impressed with his play last season)
    Amir
    Davis (Don't think JV will be ready to defend in his first year as well as Davis is now)
    I agree with Anderson, except Landry will probably get that defensive spot instead (probably to try and make him earn the vast amount of money we offered)

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    I posted what I thought would be the best starting 5 on the offensive end earlier with Lowry, Ross, DeMar, Bargs and JV, but I think the best defensive line up would be..

Lowry
    Ross
    Anderson (was really impressed with his play last season)
    Amir
    Davis (Don't think JV will be ready to defend in his first year as well as Davis is now)

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    YYZ wrote: View Post
    PG- Lowry
    SG- DD
    SF- Klieza
    PF- Bargs
    C - Start the year with Amir or Gray finish with JV
    although Kleiza might start, I think the playing time will be split dead even between Landry and Kleiza

Leave a comment:

• YYZ
    replied
    PG- Lowry
    SG- DD
    SF- Klieza
    PF- Bargs
    C - Start the year with Amir or Gray finish with JV

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    I will eat Doc Naismith's hat if DD averages 20+ppg
    lol you better go find it then

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    I will eat Doc Naismith's hat if DD averages 20+ppg

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I'd rather have a young player on a possibility to break out rather than declining numbers proven on history.
    But AI is not declining - except FT's. He is in his prime.

Would you rather a player in his prime versus a player who is possible to breakout while with another player with better skills waiting in the wings? At this point in time, I'd rather have AI given there is more potential in Ross, in my opinion.

New coach with new demands of him have affected his ppg. Everything else is on par.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I disagree DD is projected to go 20+. His efficiency has been getting worse every year.

As for AI, I thought that as well. I think it was a post from thead that set me straight. Check AI's field goal attempts and shooting percentages. He has not declined in %'s except ft's and his fga per game have dropped by almost 6. Shooting 45% that is about 5.4 points per game (that is straight 2's, not including ft's or 3pt attempts). He has played a much different role since Dough Collins took over. Combine that with the defense, rebounding, and assists I think AI would be a great pick up - even if it meant losing DD.
    I'd rather have a young player on a possibility to break out rather than declining numbers proven on history.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X