Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think Calderon will be come training camp?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    Dallas trade talk, where art thou?
    Dallas was all about getting him via amnesty - especially after the Collison trade.

    The only way the Mavs can get him is to trade Marion and from a Raptor perspective that would be horrible.

    Comment


    • #47
      Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Dallas was all about getting him via amnesty - especially after the Collison trade.

      The only way the Mavs can get him is to trade Marion and from a Raptor perspective that would be horrible.
      The Matrix way past his prime?! Horrible? Matt you're on bath salts! #sarcasm

      Anything happening with Jose IMO comes at deadline, but him suring up the second unit, & being a true professional, it also seems unlikely..

      Damn all these smokescreens! BC and Casey are doing a good job at hiding things..

      Comment


      • #48
        I can't see them giving him away for nothing at the trade deadline as JLIII as a backup would be a pretty large drop off. But that depends on if they are actually fighting for a playoff spot I imagine, along with what players are available by deadline time.

        I have always liked Jose as a Raptor and I would not be disappointed to see him back with a new contract that would suit a 30 yr old backup pg. But I don't blame his agent for trying to get him out of T.O. and into a better situation where he can produce more and be paid accordingly. This is his last shot at a long term deal and even the biggest BC critic here could not imagine the Raptors giving him one in Toronto.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

        Comment


        • #49
          Mess wrote: View Post
          I can't see them giving him away for nothing at the trade deadline as JLIII as a backup would be a pretty large drop off. But that depends on if they are actually fighting for a playoff spot I imagine, along with what players are available by deadline time.

          I have always liked Jose as a Raptor and I would not be disappointed to see him back with a new contract that would suit a 30 yr old backup pg. But I don't blame his agent for trying to get him out of T.O. and into a better situation where he can produce more and be paid accordingly. This is his last shot at a long term deal and even the biggest BC critic here could not imagine the Raptors giving him one in Toronto.
          I feel his best deal where he'll get great playing time/good money is in Toronto..

          I've scanned through all the teams, and with the new breed of athletic, scoring, quick, defensive point guards, he seems to be either a starter for a very, VERY talented team like Miami (where pay would be very minimum there). OR, off the bench, because the only teams I look at without great/high potential point guards, are Orlando and Utah. Orlando most likely going into rebuild, not wanting to take up cap for a 30 year old, and Utah seems like the only candidate where he would start and get money.

          I just feel if he wants the best of both worlds, Toronto would be likely be the place... He'd still get a good amount of money, good amount of playing time, and be leader on a young team. Sounds good to me if that were the pitch. Maybe not 10$ million, but 3-4$ million sounds reasonable to me.

          Comment


          • #50
            RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            ...I just feel if he wants the best of both worlds, Toronto would be likely be the place... He'd still get a good amount of money, good amount of playing time, and be leader on a young team. Sounds good to me if that were the pitch. Maybe not 10$ million, but 3-4$ million sounds reasonable to me.
            I like this train of thought. Makes sense for JC as well, unless all he cares about is the ring.

            Comment

            Working...
            X