Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injury - energy*

earliet - earlier*
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
      Jalen Rose played pg for the Raptors and Denver, but he played sf/sg for Indiana. I'll always remember him as a pg because that's the position he played for us.
      You obviously forgot - Rose played for the Raptors with Alvin Williams and Rafer Alston and Mike James over parts of 3 seasons - Rose was a wing player - even in Toronto. 18.5 ppg in 2004-05 - but he was a decent playmaker too
      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
        You obviously forgot - Rose played for the Raptors with Alvin Williams and Rafer Alston and Mike James over parts of 3 seasons - Rose was a wing player - even in Toronto. 18.5 ppg in 2004-05 - but he was a decent playmaker too
        Ha i guessed right!

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Yeah that's just a bit eatliet before I really started following this team...

Another small forward who was good for us early in his Toronto career was Jamario Moon, man I loved his injury. The dunks, the energy defensively with all those random blocks, rebounding, he brought it..

I also loved Carlos Delfino, man I wish we could re-sign that guy...
          Delfino... no i hated the guy. Kleiza is basically a bigger, better and Badasser version of Delfino. JJ reminded me of J Moon but now we got Fields who is better than both.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Delfino... no i hated the guy. Kleiza is basically a bigger, better and Badasser version of Delfino. JJ reminded me of J Moon but now we got Fields who is better than both.
            I thought you started watching the Raptors around 2007 :P

Delfino rarely made mistakes, made huge shots, and was a fan favorite. The guy can play, especially those years we made the playoffs, he was always reliable.

I thought he was less of a turnover to happen than Kleiza. Delfino always played within' the game plan. That's what I saw from the number of games I saw him play.. 2007, 2008. *sigh* Those were the years..

I'm still shocked we made the playoffs with Ford, Parker, Moon/Graham, Bosh, Rasho/Bargs, still being the East was a weak conference at the time, damn...

If Kleiza can get fully healthy again, than I have no wants of him to leave, I mean, his solid play for Lithuania has been good.

Comment

Ya but i just wasnt a fan of the guy. Our team was terrible back then the reason we looked good was cause the east was garbage. Our roster right now is arguably much better and deeper

Comment

I thought you started watching the Raptors around 2007 :P

Delfino rarely made mistakes, made huge shots, and was a fan favorite. The guy can play, especially those years we made the playoffs, he was always reliable.

I thought he was less of a turnover to happen than Kleiza. Delfino always played within' the game plan. That's what I saw from the number of games I saw him play.. 2007, 2008. *sigh* Those were the years..

I'm still shocked we made the playoffs with Ford, Parker, Moon/Graham, Bosh, Rasho/Bargs, still being the East was a weak conference at the time, damn...

If Kleiza can get fully healthy again, than I have no wants of him to leave, I mean, his solid play for Lithuania has been good.
                I completely agree about Delfino, I was really upset to see him leave. Delfino and Calderon were such a great combo on the 2nd unit, which was the difference maker for the Raptors that season. Delfino was a good defender (effective backup to Parker) and a nasty streaky shooter.

I'm actually hoping that Fields can wind up being the type of player that Parker & Delfino were at their best - solid perimeter defenders, effective secondary ball handlers, good 3pt shooters.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I completely agree about Delfino, I was really upset to see him leave. Delfino and Calderon were such a great combo on the 2nd unit, which was the difference maker for the Raptors that season. Delfino was a good defender (effective backup to Parker) and a nasty streaky shooter.

I'm actually hoping that Fields can wind up being the type of player that Parker & Delfino were at their best - solid perimeter defenders, effective secondary ball handlers, good 3pt shooters.
                  Did I ever fringe when Delfino was put in the game? Did I ever fringe when Delfino put up a shot? Nope, not at all. This guy was always a team first player, and was such a hard worker. I agree he isn't an all-star, but he is a role player who could very be the key to a championship, but that's just my opinion.

*sigh* Those years... Rasho at prime, Moon before shot-happy, Anthony Parker before slowing down, Ford before the overly nagging injuries, a great bench.... This team revolved around Bosh, but it also never failed to be a great offensive tempo team. Moving the ball around, getting good looks, unselfish. Miss that team. Than that damn trade that ruined everything...

Not to mention, insult to injury, Delfino was traded for the rights to Weems, who ends up signing in Moscow, and Delfino always killed us playing against the Bucks.

Fields was said to be the Shane Battier of Toronto, which in my opinion is really far-fetched.. Shane Battier is a great defender, great shooter, high IQ player, deceptively athletic. I really hope I see something within' that mold next season.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Ya but i just wasnt a fan of the guy. Our team was terrible back then the reason we looked good was cause the east was garbage. Our roster right now is arguably much better and deeper
                    Our team I don't believe was terrible, yes the East was weak, but it's not easy making the playoffs however the circumstances..

Ford, Parker, Moon/Graham, Bosh, Nesterovic. It was a club that was unselfish, knew each other well, played to their strengths (mostly.. *cough* FORD *cough*), and was a team that could get stops..

It was purely a word that is underrated now in my opinion... TEAM.

Anyways, I hope you're right, this team looks much more talented than any of the teams we've had in awhile. I gave this team a 75%, the reason why? All depends on the roster at training camp, if it stays the way it is now.. It'll be the same.

2009 killed us... Sam Mitchell fired, Jay Triano hired. Jermaine O'neal acquired, traded for Marion and Marcus Banks... Real only upside that year was Jose's free throw percentage, and Demar Derozan being drafted...

Comment

Our team I don't believe was terrible, yes the East was weak, but it's not easy making the playoffs however the circumstances..

Ford, Parker, Moon/Graham, Bosh, Nesterovic. It was a club that was unselfish, knew each other well, played to their strengths (mostly.. *cough* FORD *cough*), and was a team that could get stops..

It was purely a word that is underrated now in my opinion... TEAM.

Anyways, I hope you're right, this team looks much more talented than any of the teams we've had in awhile. I gave this team a 75%, the reason why? All depends on the roster at training camp, if it stays the way it is now.. It'll be the same.

2009 killed us... Sam Mitchell fired, Jay Triano hired. Jermaine O'neal acquired, traded for Marion and Marcus Banks... Real only upside that year was Jose's free throw percentage, and Demar Derozan being drafted...
                      Couldn't have said it any better

Comment

2009 killed us... Sam Mitchell fired, Jay Triano hired. Jermaine O'neal acquired

Maaaaaaaaaan, you had yourself on a roll here, why didn't you continue
                        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                          Can I be the human beat-box?

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                            ...... Marion contract expired, Pops was wired, Kapono should have retired.... LOL.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              So when removing the strictly SG's, I like the signing of Fields...... even though he is over paid by about $2M but that is the cost of free agency and restricted free agency in particular.
                              I don't think we're set at SG either, so there's no reason to be removing SG's. We need one just as bad as we need a SF, although granted we did a SG. But Casey has said multiple times now that SG/SF is fairly interchangeable in his offense. Not one of those guys I listed are making more than Fields, and quite a few of them are far more proven than he is. Fields to me is a bit of a question mark as to who he really is.. Y1 or Y2. Hopefully, that first year is more reflective of the type of player he'll be for the Raptors.

Brandon Rush just signed for $8M over 2 years. Another bargain basement price that makes Landry Fields' contract look bad.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                ...... Marion contract expired, Pops was wired, Kapono should have retired.... LOL.
                                Chris bosh was tired(of losing)

Comment

Working...
                                X