X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Also, he's closer to 6'6" than 6'8" (withouth shoes). To put it in perspective, Harrison Barnes is taller than he is at 6'7" (without shoes) and plays SF.
    and he plays the 4?? yikes. he better learn to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• c_bcm
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I too see potential in Acy. But it ain't gonna be easy competing for minutes with 3 guys ahead of him on the depth chart....
    He'll carve out a niche on this team. Energy guy off the bench who'll mix it up on the floor when needed. Crazy, but i'm looking forward to seeing this guy play next year.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    I too see potential in Acy. But it ain't gonna be easy competing for minutes with 3 guys ahead of him on the depth chart....
    Also, he's closer to 6'6" than 6'8" (withouth shoes). To put it in perspective, Harrison Barnes is taller than he is at 6'7" (without shoes) and plays SF.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied

This dude is a beast

Leave a comment:

• CT2010
    replied
    I get the feeling that if Ed shows the same effort that he did last year in practices etc. Acy is going to beat the crap out of him and take his minutes. I can certainly see Casey sending a message about motor to him.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Tesla wrote: View Post
    Mark my words, Acy is going to be a gem.

Leave a comment:

• Sig
    replied
    Mark my words, Acy is going to be a gem.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    He is on a contract similar to Solo - 2 years guaranteed just above minimum and 3rd year not guaranteed.

Year 1 $655k
    Year 2 $789k
    Year 3 $915k - not guaranteed.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/toronto-raptors-team-salary

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I heard somewhere that it's not a guaranteed contract. Is that even possible?

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    started a topic Quincy Acy Signed.

Quincy Acy Signed.

I don't know if this was seen yet, but just want to make sure! I didn't see a thread on it :S

http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...ck-quincy-acy/

The Toronto Raptors announced Monday they have signed forward Quincy Acy to a multi-year contract. The Raptors selected Acy with the 37th selection in the 2012 NBA Draft. Per team policy, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Acy had six points and six rebounds in his NBA Summer League debut with Toronto on Friday.

Acy, 6-8, 225 pounds, averaged 12.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 29.7 minutes in 38 starts last season at Baylor. He was named Big 12 All-Defensive team (unanimously) and All-Big 12 Second Team by the coaches. He is the second player in Bears history to finish his collegiate career ranked in the Top 10 in scoring, rebounding, blocked shots and field goal percentage.

As a senior, Acy had eight double-doubles, 10 double-digit rebounding games and 22 games with multiple blocks. He was Baylor’s lone NCAA South Regional All-Tournament Team selection. He recorded 22 points and eight rebounds in his final game at Baylor, an Elite Eight NCAA Tournament loss to eventual NCAA Champion Kentucky.

In his junior campaign, Acy led the Bears in rebounding (7.6 rpg) and blocks (1.5 bpg) and finished third in scoring (12.4 ppg). He totaled a career-high 25 points and 11 rebounds vs. La Salle.
Working...
X